Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: College Basketball  (Read 8819 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: College Basketball
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 01:20:26 AM »

Any time Duke loses the universe as a whole is a slightly better place.
I dont get this "hate Duke" thing at all, but anyway Duke's loss opens the way for X to the Sweet 16 a lot easier... not saying they will beat Lehigh but their chances are a lot better
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »

I love the "Ohio is the first state to ever have 4 teams in the Sweet Sixteen" stat that I saw on Facebook. Good stuff, even if I doubt it's legitimacy.

Definitely love that Ohio is 8-0, though, but sadly that can't continue. I don't know who to root for in the UC-OSU game. Go Beareyes?

Predot

• Summer Resident
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »

I love the "Ohio is the first state to ever have 4 teams in the Sweet Sixteen" stat that I saw on Facebook. Good stuff, even if I doubt it's legitimacy.

I can't imagine any state has ever placed four teams in the Sweet 16 in one tournament. (hell, three probably hasn't happened often). That seems perfectly legitimate to me

jcarwash31

• Citizen
    • The Big Stuff Project
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »

I can't imagine any state has ever placed four teams in the Sweet 16 in one tournament. (hell, three probably hasn't happened often). That seems perfectly legitimate to me

That stat was on the telecast.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2012, 12:08:03 PM »

Sounds good - go Ohio!

I just figured it happened in the past. There's a lot of schools in California or something like that. Or North Carolina.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2012, 01:07:06 PM »

Any time Duke loses the universe as a whole is a slightly better place.
I dont get this "hate Duke" thing at all, but anyway Duke's loss opens the way for X to the Sweet 16 a lot easier... not saying they will beat Lehigh but their chances are a lot better

so i guess you don't get the "hate yankees" thing either?  and yes fuck duke, let x into the sweet 16.  i love ya euro, but not so much xavier.  go bearcats!!  fuck osu!
poach eggs, not elephants

Homsar

• City Elder
  • It's personal.
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 08:10:49 AM »

UC.  With that comeback at the start of the 2nd half I thought for sure it would at least be close at the end.  I think I've finally given up believing Yancey Gates can be a great player.  Of course it took until his final game, and that is a testament to his frustrating ability to show lots of potential ability without ever showing actual ability.  Don't get me wrong, he's been good, but it always seemed like he could have been great in college ball.  Even when he was a freshman I remember thinking, "Wow, he he ever played with attitude, he could be a force to be reckoned with."  Just unfortunate.

And even so, whay did they stop going to him in the paint???  He plainly showed a couple times that even against Sullinger he could power through to the hoop.  They thought they had to stay on the perimeter.  It didn't help that they couldn't even hand off a pass without it being stolen or knocked away.  That was ridiculous.  SEVEN steals for Craft??  Come on guys.

Bleh.
smiley face

MoxyWOXY

• Summer Resident
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »

UC.  With that comeback at the start of the 2nd half I thought for sure it would at least be close at the end.  I think I've finally given up believing Yancey Gates can be a great player.  Of course it took until his final game, and that is a testament to his frustrating ability to show lots of potential ability without ever showing actual ability.  Don't get me wrong, he's been good, but it always seemed like he could have been great in college ball.  Even when he was a freshman I remember thinking, "Wow, he he ever played with attitude, he could be a force to be reckoned with."  Just unfortunate.

And even so, whay did they stop going to him in the paint???  He plainly showed a couple times that even against Sullinger he could power through to the hoop.  They thought they had to stay on the perimeter.  It didn't help that they couldn't even hand off a pass without it being stolen or knocked away.  That was ridiculous.  SEVEN steals for Craft??  Come on guys.

Bleh.

I'm sure UC didn't see any other guard the entire season who plays the kind of defense Aaron Craft plays. Kid just has phenomenal effort and energy.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »

What a disappointing way for X to go out against Baylor, the final score 75-70 doesn't reflect the game. X was never in it, I mean, Baylor started the game on a 22-4 run, just wow. Yes, X came back and made a game of it, but not once did I feel they really had a chance to win after that disastrous start.

I am a die-hard X fan, and I was flabbergasted by how flat they came out. How is this possible?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2012, 10:19:54 AM »

They came out that way in every game in the tournament, they just ran up against a team that wouldn't let them back in it this time.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »

jeez....i don't even care how this plays out now. just hoping for good games.
bongo hard or bongo home

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2012, 09:09:53 PM »

Even if there aren't any more good games, there's always this...

Homsar

• City Elder
  • It's personal.
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »

Does anyone think Kentucky will not win this game?
smiley face

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »

Does anyone think Kentucky will not win this game?
probably anyone in or from kansas. beyond that.....nope.
bongo hard or bongo home
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up