Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost 2009  (Read 15982 times)

Hell Toupee

Re: Lost 2009
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2009, 07:40:14 AM »

The last three (four) eps.:

5.15 (May 6) “Follow The Leader” (Richard Alpert-centric)

Definitely not Richard Alpert-centric. BOO.
But, it was a great episode.
Man, the shit is all going to hit the fan sooooo gooooooood.

LOVE IT!

Yeah, I kind of hated that it wasn't totally Alpert-centric, but seeing the listings elsewhere, I just had to post them.

On the positive note, Rose and Bernard are back for the season finale. YAY! (at least according to ABC's show description).

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2009, 07:54:23 AM »

Holy
Shit
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2009, 08:32:04 AM »

What lies in the shadow of the statue?  Been getting played like a bitch, that's what.

Okay, so who are Jacob and this other dude?  How does Alpert fit in?  I spent this whole season thinking that John was a badass and it turns out it's not even him.  Ben was right to be scared...

Juliette falling down the well was beyond sad.

Jack continues to suck.

Well played Darlton.

Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

My guess is maybe Richard was on the ship that the two of them saw from the beach.

I kept thinking that Jacob was Jack's dad in his younger years when he was visiting everyone as kids. But, when he showed up to see Sayid, I thought, "WHAT THE!?!?! Jacob isn't Jacob!" Mind blown.

I totally was not ready for THAT body to roll out of the case though. I really thought Locke was being such a badass but I thought he'd call Ben off when he saw that Jacob wasn't Jacob. But, he did find the Jacob he was looking for.

"They're coming!" - that means it has to work, right? RIGHT!?!?!? Sons of bitches for stopping the season/episode right there. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO. And then reminding us that we have to wait till 2010. UGH.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2009, 09:00:49 AM »

I'm pregnant so I have an excuse, but GD that scene with Juliet and Sawyer when she fell down the well made me cry.   JEEZ that was heartwrenching.  Then poor Juliet down at the bottom trying to give Sawyer the reset because she loved him. 

It was a great episode. 

I was so happy that Sun found Charlie's ring.  I hope she keeps it and gives it to Claire.  Assuming ....shit, well, who knows what will happen next season.
-Ed Helms

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2009, 09:08:58 AM »

I'm pregnant so I have an excuse, but GD that scene with Juliet and Sawyer when she fell down the well made me cry.   JEEZ that was heartwrenching.  Then poor Juliet down at the bottom trying to give Sawyer the reset because she loved him. 

It was a great episode. 

I was so happy that Sun found Charlie's ring.  I hope she keeps it and gives it to Claire.  Assuming ....shit, well, who knows what will happen next season.
I was wondering if Claire is dead since Jacob's buddy was inhabiting Jack's dad's body. Like maybe someone else was using Claire's body as well. Who the crap knows!

Loved seeing the DS ring again. Made me totally happy. Especially since it led to seeing Sun and Jin's wedding and having Jin say the only funny line of the night, "I don't know. But is Korean is excellent." Hahahahaaha.

Sawyer had me boo-hooing like a little baby, too.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2009, 09:39:32 AM »

Where was Hurly during the shootout?  I know he was the driver in the van, but where did he go?
-Ed Helms

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2009, 10:18:05 AM »

Forgot to mention that I'm totally, nearly, almost, completely heartbroken that Locke is dead-dead.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2009, 12:29:54 PM »

I'll have to watch those episodes again because they were much more mind bending than I thought.

* Juliet and the well made the episode for me. I hope, like Sayid, that they both aren't dead if the 'reset' works.
* Dead Locke / not dead Locke threw me for a loop... that opening scene with Jacob/Jacob watching the Black Rock is worth repeated scrutiny.
* In all the little flashbacks that occurred, was Juliet's the only one where Jacob didn't show up in?
* Rose, Bernard and Vincent! Yay!
* "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" For those who don't speak Latin, this translates as "He who will protect us" or "He who will save us all."
* The tapestry being weaved by Jacob contains two ancient Greek sayings from the book The Odyssey. The first is: "May the gods grant thee all that thy heart desires." The second is: "May the gods give you happiness."

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »

* Dead Locke / not dead Locke threw me for a loop... that opening scene with Jacob/Jacob watching the Black Rock is worth repeated scrutiny.

Jacob/Jacob?  I assume it's Jacob/Somebody else.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2009, 02:19:54 PM »

Jacob/Jacob?  I assume it's Jacob/Somebody else.
I think them called him Jacob/Jacob because, like me, he thinks that Jacob's buddy was probably the one inhabiting the body of Jack's dead father and going by the name Jacob in that little cabin. Right?

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »

Was this smoke monster/yin to Jacob's yang *all* the dead people we've seen? 
-Ed Helms

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »

Well, I think Jacob and Christian Shepard were both in the cabin.  I could be wrong.  They confirmed on the podcast that the man in the chair when Locke first heard what he and Ben thought was Jacob was NOT Christian Shepard.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »

Well, I think Jacob and Christian Shepard were both in the cabin.  I could be wrong.  They confirmed on the podcast that the man in the chair when Locke first heard what he and Ben thought was Jacob was NOT Christian Shepard.
Hm. I knew I should have been listening to the podcasts. But, just going by what I see on the screen, I thought that the general consensus up until last night was that Christian Shepard was Jacob.

Doug

« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »

I think this show has gone from cool Jungle sci-fi to Clash of the Titans.  The show was excellent as always, but I think what we are seeing being played out is a big chess game between dying gods.  I think Jacob and his buddy who wants to kill him on the beach are enemy dietys.  Was the one who wants to kill Jacob named?  I think he is the smoke monster and able to take on the form of anything he wants to.  He seems like a Loki style manipulator.  They're both playing a all the characters like pawns.  I think when Jacob said they're coming, it meant that all the people in the past are going to catch up with the rest of the 30 years later crew.  I don't know what this means to Jacob.  I'm hoping it means we'll see a real Locke resurection as he gets "reset".  I dunno'.  But I gotta' say, what a cool way to end the season.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up