Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost 2009  (Read 14833 times)

Juliana

• City Elder
Re: Lost 2009
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 10:07:25 AM »

Ellie, the chick with the gun is probably Farraday's mom,  ELOISE Hawkins.  Guess Mrs Hawkins' first name was revealed in the repeat episode with the pop up quips.  Couldn't see on our screens because of the weather/closing info they had awt the bottom of the sscreen, but of course those in warmer climates could. 

Thought it was a good episode.  Gave us some traction that last week's set was missing for the on island action.

It was so sweet that Pen & Desmond named their son Charlie.  Awwwww.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 08:57:58 AM »

They need to get the other 6 back to the island and quick. I'm not losing interest yet, but I'm getting there. Juliet and Sawyer have no spark, no chemistry, imho. Sawyer isn't as much fun -- he has no twinkle in his eye -- without Kate, Jack, and Hurley.

Also, I was totally right about Jin! So happy to see him!
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 09:03:34 AM »

I don't find the Oceanic 6 parts boring, nor the people on the island... I wish they'd get this thing with Desmond on the road.  When Desmond was getting the bloody noses he was near death within a short period of time, I don't get how we're supposed to believe that the people on the island are going this long.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Doug

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »

I thought it was a pretty good episode.  I had a feeling it was Ben messing with Kate.  Subtly trying to push her back to the island.  e's always such a great manipulator.  So the nosebleeds are analogous to your length of exposure to the island?  So the two that got them early have been there before.  There were rumors that the Ghost Whisperer is Dr. Marvin Candle's son, so maybe it's true.  No idea about the redhead though.

I liked the scene where Sawyer watched Claire give birth and Locke's quip about needing the pain to get to where he is now.  That was an awesome line.  I love that guy.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 09:23:29 AM »

Miles said something last season about Charlotte either being born on the island or being there when she was a kid.  She acted like she didn't know what he was talking about.

Miles is TOTALLY Candle's kid!

-Ed Helms

Doug

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 03:50:44 PM »

I almost forgot about how cool it was to see Rousseau's party.  I was really worried that they would never show her backstory, he being dead and all.  Now I realize that with this time travel crap, they can tell all kinds of stories about the island without the need  for flashbacks.  Maybe we'll even find out about the origins of the Black Rock.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 10:24:06 PM »

There seemed to be an anomoly when they were out on the raft and the white flash happened...

I thought it was said they only time-tripped with the things they had with them at the start - clothes, guns, knives etc - so how come they didn't just drown.

I would have accepted that too. For us the show is losing its appeal. It's not that we feel challenged by the ludicrously convoluted storyline, moreso that we've just stopped caring WTF happens to everyone. It's starting to become the worst joke ever, stretched out over, what's it been now, 4 years or more? I have this vision of the final episode just being the writers and producers running away with pots of money laughing at us from over their shoulders.
Opulence. I has it.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 08:24:43 AM »

It's whatever they have with them at the time as well. 

To each his own I guess though CR.  I'm really digging the episodes so far this season. 
-Ed Helms

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 08:26:27 AM »

I don't find the Oceanic 6 parts boring, nor the people on the island... I wish they'd get this thing with Desmond on the road.  When Desmond was getting the bloody noses he was near death within a short period of time, I don't get how we're supposed to believe that the people on the island are going this long.

Thinking on other boards is that Desmond's real danger was that it was just his mind traveling, which is harder than if your whole self goes.  The brain is seemingly the thing hemoraging (or what I assume to be hemoraging anyway).  I don't know, I can go with it.
-Ed Helms

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2009, 08:35:54 AM »

So what about his girlfriend is different from the rest of them that is causing her brain to bleed?  And why did somebody else's just start doing it?

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »

You mean Charlotte?
Well, Daniel did say it has to do with time on the island.  Not sure if it's more of a "when" or a "quantity" thing.  Charlotte is (i think) older than Miles, so she was on the island first.  Miles was next.  He had the second nosebleeds.  Then Juliet (3rd).  Next will be Locke and Sawyer (same time I assume).  Last will be Daniel.
-Ed Helms

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2009, 10:26:31 AM »

Oh, yeah.  I remember him saying that.  Good call.

So is that the 72 hour time limit that the lady we think is Daniel's mother gave to Ben?  So everybody dying because of this is the awful thing that happens if the six plus Locke's corpse (and I assume Ben and baby egghead) don't get back?  The pieces... they're coming together.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 10:29:35 AM by Kwyjibo »

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »

Then where does Richard fit into all of this? He seems to be the one who has been connected to the island for the longest time, yet he doesn't age and he doesn't get nosebleeds.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »

Where's Michael's son, whatever his name was?
Opulence. I has it.

whigsgeek

• City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2009, 03:42:58 PM »

For us the show is losing its appeal.

The chemistry that made the show engaging (for me) just isn't there when everyone's story lines are separate, imho. I have enough interest for one or two episodes to satisfy my curiosity about what happened to them post-island, but that's about it.

I've been hanging in there because I know the end result is they'll all be back on the island at some point ... but I'm not as interested in Sun's life on her own, or in Hurley's life on his own, or in Sawyer paired up with Juliet, etc. It's like, I'm all about Roger Daltrey when he's part of The Who, but solo or singing with Slash? Meh. The chemistry just isn't the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up