Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost 2009  (Read 16384 times)

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Re: Lost 2009
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »

Is the Island going to bring back Keith Moon?

That would be fuckawesome
Opulence. I has it.

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »

O.M.G. What if it's all been a hallucination of Keith Moon's? YES.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2009, 05:11:09 PM »

Walt is in NYC with his Grandma as far as we know.
I think he's probably done on the show unless they bring him back for a one ep kind of tie in thing.  Michael has completed his part in all of the island's business though, so I'm guessing Walt has also.

Richard isn't traveling back and forth through time like our Island 6 are.  We keep seeing him in different times, but he's just living, not jumping.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

matt

• Citizen
    • Every Issue Presents Itself
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »

LOS ANGELES (AP) One of the biggest mysteries of "Lost" the Smoke Monster will be unveiled on the popular TV drama, and soon.

Actor Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin, said in an interview that the origin and nature of the malevolent dark cloud will be disclosed and viewers will even get a glimpse of its lair. Turns out the monster is as "old as the island" that's been home to the Oceanic jet-crash survivors and their foes.

Kim also cautioned against expectations that his character, Jin, will reunite with his wife, Sun (Yunjin Kim), even though Jin survived a freighter explosion and Sun returns to the island after escaping it.

Those events don't mean "they're particularly in the same place or chronologically in the same time," Kim said.

As for the atomic bomb that showed up in the "Jughead" episode, he said the show's producers rarely give something such prominence unless it counts in the island's mythology.

"That's a huge red herring if it's a red herring," Kim said, suggesting the bomb could help resolve plot points as the series ends in 2010.

Perhaps the time-traveling that's popped up this season might be one of those.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
There is no such thing as a dirty word. Nor is there a word so powerful, that it's going to send the listener to the lake of fire upon hearing it.
-- Frank Zappa

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »

So....is everyone still processing last night's episode?
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2009, 02:19:00 PM »

Pretty much.  I will say this:  Jin and Locke are badasses.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2009, 03:25:59 PM »

WHOOOOOOOOOOO'S YOUR SONNNNNNNNNNNNNN?

*zwonk*

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 04:03:37 PM »

It was a great episode. 

I was *really* surprised they killed Charlotte off.

What the crap happened to the Frenchies in the temple?  I can't believe Robert was going to kill Rousseau!  I thought she was going crazy at first, so I was shocked that he raised his gun and pulled the trigger.
-Ed Helms

whigsgeek

• protector of small children and bunny rabbits
  • City Elder
  • Yes, it is I ...
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 04:33:45 PM »

I was totally confused by the way the Frenchies died. My (obviously no-longer-existent) memory had everyone but Rousseau dying from some kind of illness.
I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

Well, technically I can see Rousseau not wanting to own up to killing them all, but from Robert's behavoir, they did go a little nutzo (mental illness).  Keep in mind we meet Rousseau 16 years after this stuff and she's been by herself hiding from the others and the smoke monster and who knows what other fresh horrors on that island.  She's understandably a little crazy herself by that point.
-Ed Helms

Doug

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »

I was *really* surprised they killed Charlotte off.
Really?  Because I saw it coming from a mile away.  I mean, how long can your brain bleed before you finally die from it?  Judging from her recollection of seeing Faraday as a child and him not remembering it, I think we'll still see kid-Charlotte in a future episode.

I was pissed at how they handled the Frenchies.  I was really hoping we'd get the whole back story, but instead, we get teased again.  What are we supposed to think?  The journey into the smoke monster's lair turned them all crazy?  I did find it interesting that they figured out that it was a security system guarding the temple.

I love how they make Locke relive his handicap over and over again.  He's the true badass.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »

I love how they make Locke relive his handicap over and over again.  He's the true badass.
YES!!! I keep meaning to say this out-loud somewhere. EVERY TIME they try to break him, he just keeps on truckin'. I mean, apparently he's going to come back from the dead. How much more of a badass can you be?!?!?! :)

Hell Toupee

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »

I mean, apparently he's going to come back from the dead. How much more of a badass can you be?!?!?! :)

This is why I'm not completely sold on Charlotte being a goner just yet.

If John doesn't 'fix' the time flow situation by leaving and everyone with nosebleeds continues to die off (thus the "after the Oceanic 6 leave the island, everything goes to hell" theory), then Juliette and Sawyer would tend to be in line to die. I think they might actually kill them both, along with Miles, and then when the O6/Locke get back to the island late in the season, everything will right itself in the timeline somehow and then they can focus on Jacob and the remaining mysteries for the last year.

However, if we get 'ghost Charlotte' frollicking around then that theory is DOA.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

However, if we get 'ghost Charlotte' frollicking around then that theory is DOA.

In my experience Ginger English girls rarely frollick
Opulence. I has it.

Doug

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:07 PM »

In my experience Ginger English girls rarely frollick
I have no idea what that means.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up