Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 - New shows  (Read 9329 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: 2009 - New shows
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »

I'll definitely be watching Community again. Joel McHale CAN carry a TV show. I was unsure since I really almost despise him whenever he's a guest on any talk show but adore him on The Soup. So, I wasn't sure which McHale I would get in this new comedy. Luckily, it's the one I adore. Fun cast. I can see this being a favorite this year. HOLY CRAP that chick from MAD MEN looks different when she's not in her 60s garb.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Doug

« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2009, 09:23:17 AM »

Yeah, that was pretty hillarious.  I think the role works weel for Joel because it's so close to his Soup persona.  He's a good guy though and I'm glad to see him getting a good show.  Chevy Chase on the other hand...meh.

Was I the only one who didn't know The Office was starting a new season last night?

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »

Yes. Even I knew it, and we don't really get The Office here. It's on at 11:30 at night at random times, and I think we're two seasons behind. Thank goodness for the interwebs.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »

HOLY CRAP that chick from MAD MEN looks different when she's not in her 60s garb.

Which one?  I can only assume you don't mean the one who plays Peggy Olsen, who is wretchedly ugly in a way that will will ruin your life and haunt your dreams.  I don't think it would matter if she were in stockings and a corset or the dowdy frocks she wears on the show, she's a fucking monster. 

In case of emergency, breakdance.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2009, 03:02:15 PM »

HOLY CRAP that chick from MAD MEN looks different when she's not in her 60s garb.

It was the chick that played Roger Sterling's mistress/wife wasn't it?  I didn't even put two and two together until just now.

Vizz, you really think Peggy's that bad?  She doesn't give me palpitations or anything but I don't think she's hideous either.  I'll give you that her look on the show is certainly doing nothing for her, she was far easier to look at when she played Bartlet's daughter on West Wing.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

The Mad Men chick is the princess who is married to Pete Campbell. Ha. Apparently I'm not the only one who found her ALMOST unrecognizable.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »

I guess.  Dang.

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »

Vizz, you really think Peggy's that bad?  She doesn't give me palpitations or anything but I don't think she's hideous either.  I'll give you that her look on the show is certainly doing nothing for her, she was far easier to look at when she played Bartlet's daughter on West Wing.

Sweet shitting Christ, YES.  She looks like Gollum. 

I saw her in an Advil ad (or something similar) over the summer, too. They had this horrendously unnecessary closeup on her and I almost stroked out.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

Having never seen Mad Men and having not seen Community yet (DVR'd) I was quite curious as to who these people were.

Vizz... you think this girl is "hideous" and "looks like Gollum"?

I've never seen her in motion... but just from a quick set of imdb pictures... she's "meh" and "whatever" but she doesn't look vomit worthy.  I see it a lot more like Kwyjibo.

Looks like this girl:

is the one that is on both shows (or was... I don't know if she's still on Mad Men?) and she reminds me of a young Courtney Cox with better hair.

Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »

Vizz... you think this girl is "hideous" and "looks like Gollum"?

Absolutely.  This has obviously been addressed before that we all have different tastes in who's foxy - but daaaaaaaaaamn.  Her face hurts my soul. 

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2009, 05:49:26 PM »

Your soul is as delicate as Foolsgold is about changing diapers then.

You want ugly?  Anne Ramsey was ugly.  Elisabeth Moss... really not offensive enough to be soul mangling.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:52:39 PM by Kwyjibo »

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »

I think this falls under the same heading as how I feel about Katy Perry.

That chicks just makes my skin crawl to look at her.  Nothing to do with her songs or lack of talent... just looking at her makes we feel violent thoughts.  It's 100% her face.  Just hate it.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 10:14:37 AM »

I think this falls under the same heading as how I feel about Katy Perry.

That chicks just makes my skin crawl to look at her.  Nothing to do with her songs or lack of talent... just looking at her makes we feel violent thoughts.  It's 100% her face.  Just hate it.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, because I feel just the opposite about Katy Perry.  The only thing her face makes want to do is sit on it.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »

Is anyone watching Glee?

edited to add:
Oh- I found the thread.  I'll just be over there. :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:33:54 PM by va_vacious »

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »

White Collar

I think that's a typo. The "W" should be an "S"
Opulence. I has it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up