Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 - New shows  (Read 10497 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
2009 - New shows
« on: January 22, 2009, 03:45:41 PM »

So, there seem to be a lot of new shows rolling out now. Did anyone record LIE TO ME last night (I know we were all too busy watching LOST to watch it in real time)? I recorded it and can't wait to see Tim Roth on freakin' network TV.

I know that a few ladies here are DYING to see the new Nathan Fillion show, though it does look dumb.

Anything else out there?
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Re: 2009 - New shows
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 09:43:35 PM »

I have my EW sitting out to start this thread. My thoughts (not that I need more TV)

Dollhouse - While not a big Eliza Dushku fan, I have enjoyed the other shows by Joss Whedon. So I'll be checking it out. (Fox, debuts 2/13)

Cupid - I loved the original, so I'm cautious about it being remade - especially without Jeremy Piven. (ABC, debuts 3/24)

Sit Down, Shut Up - Bringing back together Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, and Henry Winkler, even in carton form, is intriguing. (Fox, debuts 4/19)

Castle - The previously mentioned Nathan Fillion show. (ABC, debuts 3/9)
also known as rcc94

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 07:33:45 AM »

Lie to Me was "House" meets "Monk" meets "CSi"

Without Roth it would be nothing. With Roth it nudges above average. The first episode of any new show is always 'dodgy' - the premise being set up, the characters etc., so I'll reserve full judgement until Epi 2

Lando still watches TV shows in real time?
Opulence. I has it.

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »

Don't forget "Trust Me" (TNT, debuts 1/26) with Tom Cavanagh and Eric McCormack

Has anyone checked out "The Beast"? 

I hope "Lie to Me" gets better, but it is SO refreshing to see Tim Roth.  Period.  One thing though...in the previews the way they kept cutting back and forth to him reminded me of some character actor that always plays a Russian or Czech mobster.  It took me a few times before it dawned on me that was Roth!  Do they not realize he alone sells the show (or did I miss spots that mentioned him by name)?

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »

Lando still watches TV shows in real time?
I do. Mostly because there is so much crap waiting for me on the TIVO that I'm better off watching some stuff live and not recording it. Well, it does START to record, but if I'm there to watch it, I'll cancel the recording or delete it immediately.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »

I'm starting to worry about my big screen heartthrobs taking on TV roles.

I mean really - Timothy Hutton ought to be pure gold in Leverage, but the show just isn't clever enough. Hutton's good, but I think the show is lame.

Then I hear that Tim Roth is a scientist tackling criminal and private investigations in Lie To Me. I <3 Tim Roth, but the fact that the show is on Fox scares me. After seeing the first episode I really don't think this show is going to last. Honestly I felt as though he was just going through the motions and the premise just doesn't seem like something that can carry a series. Still, it's nice to be able to figure out the ending before the show is half over. I'll give it another couple of episodes before it is resigned to the rubbish heap.

Oh Tim Roth, you were so wonderful in Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. What the hell has happened to you?!

Who's next, Edward Norton!? (I'm going to forgive The Incredible Hulk)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 08:47:01 AM by MissKitty »
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

scuba

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 04:01:57 PM »

One thing though...in the previews the way they kept cutting back and forth to him reminded me of some character actor that always plays a Russian or Czech mobster.  It took me a few times before it dawned on me that was Roth!

I bet you're thinking of Peter Stormare, he's Swedish...Fargo?...wood chipper?

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:15:01 PM »

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS IS BACK PEOPLE!!!

Sorry about all the caps, folks.  I love, love, love this show.  It's the second ep, and we're dealing with Grandma Saracen further declining, Tami's got lots of stuff going on (New job), and Riggins is going to hell in a handbasket.  And Smash has a storyline.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 09:49:10 AM »

Loving the new LOST so far, I think, til they fuck themselves over again, kinda like Heroes in that regard.  Course I am stuck watching it not in real-time as that is pub trivia night so I spend all day Thursday threatening to stab people if they spoil anything.  It's a trade-off I can live with.

Super-psyched for Dollhouse.

Semi-psyched for Castle, though it does sound hella tarded.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »

The replacement for Life on Mars - The Unusuals - has quite the intriguing cast: Adam Goldberg, Harold Perrineau, Amber Tamblyn, and Jeremy Renner.
also known as rcc94

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »

The replacement for Life on Mars - The Unusuals - has quite the intriguing cast: Adam Goldberg, Harold Perrineau, Amber Tamblyn, and Jeremy Renner.
I cannot WAIT to see Adam on TV again. It has been faaaaar toooooo looooooong!!!! He makes me all giddy in the nethers! Plus, he started a band called "LandY". Seriously. He's trying to call out to me but I'm making him work for it.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »

We - unfortunately - watched the debut episode of MTV's "Taking the Stage" this past weekend. This is Nick Lachey's project centred around a bunch of wannabe 'stars' from Cincinnati's School of Performing Arts.

"Gimme time, I'll forget the rest"

It was something that rhymed with "fame"
Opulence. I has it.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 10:16:22 AM »

We - unfortunately - watched the debut episode of MTV's "Taking the Stage" this past weekend. This is Nick Lachey's project centred around a bunch of wannabe 'stars' from Cincinnati's School of Performing Arts.

"Gimme time, I'll forget the rest"

It was something that rhymed with "fame"

Yeah, I watched this on MTV.com and it's terribly lame.

I'd give the show it's due if it didn't seem like it A) was heavily scripted and edited and B) had people on it that you could actually care about / get involved in.

If the show were more like, say, The Real World (edited "reality") vs. The Hills (scripted situation "reality"), then I might give it more than one look-see. As it stands, it is pretty much uninteresting tripe.

Bronzetree

• Punching Bag
  • City Elder
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 02:53:54 PM »

I watched it, too, and couldn't get past the very scripted feel. I wanted this show to be more real, but it just isn't. I do like Mia, though. Not sure why.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »

I talked to someone today who went to SCPA and they said that the most of the show is apparently being filmed on Saturdays (I assume so it doesn't disrupt the other students too much).  So from that, you can probably take a stab at exactly how scripted it is...
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up