News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Golf  (Read 1402 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
Golf
« on: June 22, 2009, 01:27:20 PM »

Yay for Glover winning the US Open! He's from my home town and he graduated from Clemson!
Well.......

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
Re: Golf
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 01:27:59 PM »

It makes me want to go play a round right now. Any other golfers here besides me and Butter?
Well.......

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »

I golf. Well, every now and then, I suppose. If I didn't live in a city in which I am vehicle-less I'd probably golf more, but for the past five years I've probably gone out 2 or 3 times a year. Pretty pathetic, I know, but then I'm a pretty pathetic golfer, too.

I'm going to go out over the July 4th weekend, though, so that should be fun. Woo.

I started golfing when I was 13. Starting that early allowed me to develop what everyone said was a good looking swing. I dunno - it was just natural. I never developed any other part of the game, though. Thinking back on it I probably would have been considerably better if I'd started a few years earlier. I don't know how that would have worked exactly, but it definitely would have helped my game. With that in mind, I suggest getting Ethan and Alex started soon. :)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »

Yeah, I would love for them to come golfing with us. I always get a little jealous when I see kids out there playing with their parents. Ethan and Alex knows we enjoy golf so, they have decided that they hate golf. Even putt putt. They won't even play miniature golf.
Well.......

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »

Well, let me counter the starting early idea. I started palying at 9 years old. At age 15 I won a city tournament. Then puberty hit and I went from 5'9" to 6'3". Unfortunately, my swing did not grow with me and I developed a wicked slice off the tee. And I mean WICKED. Many people have commented that its the worst slice they've ever seen. I tried everything to get rid of it without drastically changing my swing because everything else still worked fine. Well, I finally got tired of trying to change it and now I just play with it, but my game suffered greatly and I stopped playing as often as I used to.

Now I just generally stink. Its a rare day when I break even 100 anymore.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 10:27:15 AM »

Hah. I've never broken 100.

Maybe it's because I started too early. I dunno

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:01:49 AM »

Yeah, I'm terrible.  I figured out last time I played a regulation course, that I was trying to play from too "good" of a tee.  I play the tee just a step up from the ladies' tees now, and I actually made a couple of pars that way.  I'm kind of fired up to go to a regular course again just so I can maybe shoot under 100.  I have played maybe 50-75 times in my whole life, with the bulk of those coming at par 3 courses, so I am still pretty inexperienced.    Andrea is up to maybe 15 times total ever, and gets a little better every time.

rva

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 11:26:44 AM »

A conversation I had with my friend the last time I went golfing:

RVA:  I had no idea golf was this tiring.  How come you're not tired?
RVA's friend:  Well you swing the club an extra hundred times or so, that'll happen.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »

A conversation I had with my friend the last time I went golfing:

RVA:  I had no idea golf was this tiring.  How come you're not tired?
RVA's friend:  Well you swing the club an extra hundred times or so, that'll happen.
Hahahahah. That's hilarious, rva.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 12:16:00 PM »

I like to think of it as getting more for my money. Someone shoots par - they paid (say the price is $40 for the round) $0.56 per swing/stroke. I shoot 112 and it means I paid $0.36 per swing/stroke. So I'm getting more value.

Yeah, that's it.

rva

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 12:31:26 PM »

Yeah, well the follow up to that was something like:

RVA:  I hadn't thought of that, but yeah I guess swinging a club does take something out of you.

RVA's friend:  Well, you also probably walked an extra mile carrying 25 lbs.  You really cut down a lot of distance when you can walk straight up the fairway instead of zig-zagging back and forth 5 or 6 times.

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 12:48:27 PM »

I like to think of it as getting more for my money. Someone shoots par - they paid (say the price is $40 for the round) $0.56 per swing/stroke. I shoot 112 and it means I paid $0.36 per swing/stroke. So I'm getting more value.

Yeah, that's it.
Same with hitting the ball all over the place. I want to see the whole course for the money I paid, not just the middle of the fairway.

Butter, if you ever want to head out for 9 or 18 sometime, I'm usually game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up