Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Shows 2010  (Read 8103 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Summer Shows 2010
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 03:09:45 PM »

It's very wordy and there is little action. It'd probably be a lot better as a book. That said, I'm still enjoying it, even though James Badge Dale reminds me a whole lot of John McEnroe without a tennis racquet.
Virgil (the one who says Penelope Cruz talks like a goose - HONK!HONK!) calls him Garfunkel. :)

The chicks are too pasty. Working a guv'mnt job doesn't allow for much exposure to natural light. I want to feed them both a box of raisins or something to help their Iron levels.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »

So, has Rubicon gotten any better or can I delete it?
I felt like last week's episode was a step in the right direction but this week's episode was sooooooo boring. I think we're about to delete the season pass. The only character I like is Spangler.

I deleted it.  Thank you ma'am.

Doug

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »

I can't believe I just noticed the guy flipping the camera off in the beginning credits of "Louie".  It's one of the people walking by while he's standing int the pie shop eating a slice.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 04:13:00 PM »

I can't believe I just noticed the guy flipping the camera off in the beginning credits of "Louie".  It's one of the people walking by while he's standing int the pie shop eating a slice.
I haven't noticed that either!!!! I'll have to check it out.
Did this week's episode BLOW YOUR MIND!?!?!? I can't believe how much he crammed into one episode! Hell, I can't get over everything that happened in the first 10 minutes.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:29 PM »

We don't have HBO on our cable line-up but I am SORELY tempted to add it for this new Scorcese series "Broadwalk Empire" which is written by one of the guys who wrote The Sopranos.

Steve Buscemi is in it plus the dude who played Omar in "The Wire" and lots of other recognisable (good) acting faces.

The Trailer looks awesdome!

Opulence. I has it.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »

Omar's coming, YO! OMAR'S COMIN'!!!!!

(*whistling emerges from the darkness, along with the sound of a pump action shotgun*)

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »

Caught this last night, thanks to the tip-off.  I think I'm like 6 episodes behind.  I wasn't crazy about the 2 episodes I saw... the one of him on the trip to Birmingham, and the one where his mom visits and his brother tries to involve him in a 3-way.  Kinda meh on those 2.

Doug

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2010, 08:59:07 AM »

Caught this last night, thanks to the tip-off.  I think I'm like 6 episodes behind.  I wasn't crazy about the 2 episodes I saw... the one of him on the trip to Birmingham, and the one where his mom visits and his brother tries to involve him in a 3-way.  Kinda meh on those 2.

I think the best one so far is the poker game episode.  I think it was the second one.  I find Louis CK exquisitely hilarious.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:51 AM »

I also think the poker game episode was the funniest - but the Osama bin Laden one made me laugh a lot too.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »

I think the best one so far is the poker game episode.  I think it was the second one.  I find Louis CK exquisitely hilarious.
Agreed on all parts.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2010, 02:58:30 PM »

So, I got up to the episode of Louie where the kid threatens to beat him up in the coffee shop.

What. The. Fuck.

I am debating whether or not to go on with this show.  I am tuning in for some good ol' comedy, not some pathos-infused story of a sad sack who gets threatened by local youth while on a date, and then winds up turning creepy stalker all in the name of making some sort of parenting commentary. 

If you couldn't tell, I hated this episode.  A lot.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 03:30:34 PM »

So, has Rubicon gotten any better or can I delete it?

No need to worry about this show any more.  It has been cancelled.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up