Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's talk TEA  (Read 5543 times)

rva

Re: Let's talk TEA
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »

Yes Jenny, I think that's correct.  Although I confess I've never actually done the Moroccan tea service (or whatever it is called) myself.  Just read about it.

I'm sure it's much better with fresh mint and everything done properly, but I can attest it's still pretty tasty with dried mint.  I mean, that's exactly the "Moroccan Tea" flavored mix I buy.  Just mint leaves mixed with gunpowder tea.   I just don't know how that impacts the proportions if you try to steep the tea separately like in that recipe.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 05:34:18 PM »

So, yes.  I've only had pre-mixed on that variety.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »

FYI: the Tea Cozy Cottage is closing its doors on December 12th.  There is still space this and next weekend, so if you want one last chance to posh it up, then ya best start booking.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Rafe

• Bit of a cunt
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »

FYI: the Tea Cozy Cottage is closing its doors on December 12th.  There is still space this and next weekend, so if you want one last chance to posh it up, then ya best start booking.

I'll postpone poshing it up until the next time we meet for a G&T at the Ritz, or a kebab by the river.

Good luck to you both with your last couple of bookings.
Am Meer

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2011, 12:11:47 PM »

Best of luck on your final tea weekend, foolsgold.
So many randomvillians have enjoyed spending time with you and the missus at the cottage.
Thanks for sharing all of the fun with us! Can't wait to see how you guys will spend all of your free time.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2011, 12:16:25 PM »

Best of luck on your final tea weekend, foolsgold.
So many randomvillians have enjoyed spending time with you and the missus at the cottage.
Thanks for sharing all of the fun with us! Can't wait to see how you guys will spend all of your free time.
x2
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

foolsgold

• City Elder
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »

Thanks, ladies.

We're really touched that a bunch of boarders here and on WOXY.com actually came out and supported us.  Likewise to all those behind the scene folks who ran websites, painted windows and talked us down from ledges.

It's been a frustrating/fun/emotionally and physically draining/rewarding 6+ years.

Edited to add: keep your fingers crossed/good vibes coming.  Don't want to jinx anything, but keep 'em crossed anyway.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 01:12:38 PM by foolsgold »
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2011, 01:47:58 PM »

Fingers and toes (& eyes!) crossed. Wishing you and the lovely wife well. :)
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »

Fingas 'n toes crossed!

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2012, 09:21:37 PM »

Had some insanely good tea in one of these over the weekend.

http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTEA_teapot.html

I thought it was a great gadget for me.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2012, 01:05:16 PM »

Had some insanely good tea in one of these over the weekend.

http://www.adagio.com/teaware/ingenuiTEA_teapot.html

I thought it was a great gadget for me.

I have used this almost on a daily basis for about two years at work. I actually have a subscription plan for their Earl Grey Bravo as that is my daily morning tea. I love a number of their green teas and need to use up some of my points to purchase some more green. Got in a bit of a rut so have actually been buying Adagio flavored tea in bags at the grocery store.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

foolsgold

• City Elder
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2012, 08:53:23 AM »

Heritage Tastings is opening up on April 15th in the same building the Tea Cozy called home.  They're doing a full tea service on the weekends and a tasting menu with beer or wine pairings the rest of the time.  A lot of the food will either be grown on property or locally sourced.  The people running it are absolutely lovely and are realizing a longtime dream (and are kindly buying a lot of our inventory too!)

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2013, 12:06:37 PM »

I've never been a hot tea drinker, but recently I had some with sugar and I kind of liked it. I think I can do a lot better than Lipton though. Can you guys recommend some good brands? I was going to get a large variety pack to figure out what I like.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

Twinings might be a good starting point. It's affordable and available at most groceries. It's not gourmet tea or anything, but their sampler packs would give you an idea of what you like and don't like. From there, you can try different brands of the same type of tea.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »

How sweet do your tastebuds run?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up