Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: What movies are you looking forward to in 2010?  (Read 3944 times)

Juliana

• City Elder
Re: What movies are you looking forward to in 2010?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 01:55:49 PM »

I remember when my wife was pre-eclamptic during her second pregnancy and we really wanted to see LOTR: Two Towers.  We went to a theater that had those movable arm rests and she lay down across two seats and propped her head up on my lap and was able to watch the whole thing.  Maybe your hubby can take a bag of ice and do something similar ;)

I remember this from when it happened, and I remember thinking how cute it was.  And nerdy.  But mostly super cute.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Butter

• Probably in the car
  • City Elder
  • Spreadsheets R Us
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 02:03:46 PM »

I remember when my wife was pre-eclamptic during her second pregnancy and we really wanted to see LOTR: Two Towers.  We went to a theater that had those movable arm rests and she lay down across two seats and propped her head up on my lap and was able to watch the whole thing.  Maybe your hubby can take a bag of ice and do something similar ;)

I remember this from when it happened, and I remember thinking how cute it was.  And nerdy.  But mostly super cute.

Yeah, what was that movie, 9 hours?  I can't imagine laying down during that whole thing... I'd be out like a light.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 08:54:40 PM »

and heard the soundtrack is fabulous, but that shouldn't surprise anyone

It's pretty ace, but it is a soundtrack, so it's more orchestral/thoughtful Daft Punk rather than bombastic Daft Punk.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »

Agreed, which is why I think I'll love it (since it's more my style) but the husband may not be as much of a fan (he prefers the "normal" daft punk sound). But we'll see, he's surprised me before.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »

What movies are you looking forward to in 2011?

Imdb has a list (mislabeled as 15 when there are only 10)... and it disappoints me because all but two of them are "franchise" films in which I already know all I need to know. No originality whatsoever....

http://www.imdb.com/list/HBaIo7Wgrhg/

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2011, 11:49:17 PM »

The Pearl Jam Documentary by Cameron Crowe.  Apparently, it's not a wank-fest like I thought it would be.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »

Well Cowboys & Aliens looks like a film I'd enjoy. I mean... you've got James Bond and Indiana Jones, plus Quorra, plus westerns and spaceships... what's not to like?

Of course, I think the whole western + future thing was tried with Firefly and that didn't succeed financially.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »

Well Cowboys & Aliens looks like a film I'd enjoy. I mean... you've got James Bond and Indiana Jones, plus Quorra, plus westerns and spaceships... what's not to like?

Of course, I think the whole western + future thing was tried with Firefly and that didn't succeed financially.

It looks like they stole bits from a terrible movie called Laser blast and set it in a western town. I'll go see it but the whole time I'll be wishing the aliens look like the cute turtle aliens in Laser blast.  ;D
Insert witty phrase or quote here.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up