Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Movies in 2010  (Read 63667 times)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: 50 Movies in 2010
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 10:03:53 PM »

1. Team America: World Police
2. Mars Attacks
3. Paranormal Activity
4. In the Loop
5. The Invention of Lying
6. Moon

I'll echo CR's comments. Unique, beautiful, mind-blowing.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2010, 08:21:16 PM »

1. District B13
2. Big Fan
3. Departures
4. Julie & Julia

5. In the Loop
6. Beautiful Losers

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »

Films watched for the first time in Bold  

1 Sherlock Holmes
2 Team America: World Police
3 Mars Attacks!
4 Paranormal Activity
5 In the Loop
6 The Invention of Lying
7 The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
8 Moon
9 Extract
The DVD cover boasts this to be "as funny as Office Space". Um, maybe that quote comes from some kind of screwy parallel universe where "Office Space" is not funny. Just awful rubbish, and a complete waste of Mike Judge's talents. Avoid.
10 10
OK, yes, I held this on the DVR on purpose until it slotted in perfectly onto my list. The scene where Dudley's character, George, is sung a song by the priest and offered tea from Mrs Kissell STILL makes me laugh like a f***ing drain. I'm convinced he's not acting his reaction and really is corpsing. Bo Derek is of course stunningly BEAUTIFUL here, even if her character is a vapid horrible cow. I miss Dudley Moore.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:44:10 PM by Cockney Rebel »
Opulence. I has it.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »

1. Saboteur
2. Yes Men
3. Adventureland
4. Burn After Reading
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2010, 04:10:02 AM »

1. Saboteur
2. Yes Men
3. Adventureland
4. Burn After Reading
5. 500 Days Of Summer
6. Big Fan
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »

1) Quarartine
2) Once
3) Don't Say a Word

Caught this on cable.  It's wasn't bad, but didn't blow me away either.  I think part of it was just the silliness of the whole robbery plot.  They go and steal a diamond worth 10 million, while passing up other stuff that is worth probably half that much.  Then one guy steals it from the rest and doesn't immediately leave town or sell the diamond?  So why did he bother to steal it at all?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 08:19:59 AM by dirk »
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »

1. Triplets of Belleville
2. The Road
3. Paris, je t'aime
4. Bruno
5. The Simpsons Movie - Funny enough I guess.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2010, 04:16:10 PM »

1. Bubba Ho-tep
2. Twilight
3. Twilight: New Moon
4. Saved!

5. Moon - loved it, watched it last weekend, actually, just have been so completely sick and out of sorts, I hadn't posted it yet.
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2010, 07:00:21 PM »

3) Don't Say a Word

Caught this on cable.  It's wasn't bad, but didn't blow me away either.  I think part of it was just the silliness of the whole robbery plot.  They go and steal a diamond worth 10 million, while passing up other stuff that is worth probably half that much.  Then one guy steals it from the rest and doesn't immediately leave town or sell the diamond?  So why did he bother to steal it at all?
yeah, but Sean Bean....yuuuuuumm!   ;)

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »

1.  Sherlock Holmes
2.  Avatar
3.  Adventureland

Doug

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2010, 09:01:23 AM »

1) The Hangover - It was funny I guess.  Never been to Vegas, so a lot of it was lost on me.
2) Inglorious Basterds - Pretty kickass when Brad Pitt was on the screen.  Still cool otherwise.
3) District 9 - One of the best Sci-Fi movies I've ever seen.  I'm buying this one to add to my DVD collection of like 20 films.
4) G-Force - About as lame as I figured it would be.  I'm still amazed Tracy Jordan does voice overs for kids movies.

5) Moon - I'd never even heard of this before I read all of your reviews.  I liked it.  I wasn't blown away by it, but I thought it was a good, solid sci-fi movie.  It was a refreshing change to have the robot not trying to kill the guy.

6) The Hurt Locker - I liked this.  I've been sick of shoot 'em up war movies and this was more of a sciency take on war.  I wish there was more cool bomb diffusing stuff.

7) 9 - Pretty much as awesome as I expected it to be.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2010, 09:07:28 AM »

1. TAKING OF PELHAM 123 - 01/01/10 -RedBox DVD - 3 out of 5
2. SMOKIN' ACES - 01/02/10 - CABLE - 1 out of 5  
3. SHERLOCK HOLMES - 01/03/10 - AMC Parkway Point - 3 out of 5
4. THE READER - 01/08/10 - DVD from library - 4 out of 5
5. UP IN THE AIR - 01/17/10 - AMC Pkwy Pt - 5 out of 5
6. SEVEN POUNDS - 01/24/10 - DVD from library - 2.5 out of 5 - Bummer. To quote one review I read this morning, "It's a razor blade wrapped inside a teddy bear." Rosario Dawson was her usual "ray of light" but I just could not take Will Smith seriously in this role. Instead of coming across as emotionally tortured, he just looked like an alien.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:11:57 AM by c-lando »
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2010, 06:18:37 PM »

New-to-me movies are bolded.

1. Up In the Air
2. Bottle Rocket
3. The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus  I could have used a little bit more exposition, but visually amazing.
4. The Hangover Funny, but Bradley Cooper's character was annoying. Would have been better in the theater
5. Avatar 3-D version.  As has been stated before, so pretty!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »

1. A Boy Named Charlie Brown
2. Crazy Love
3. Wristcutters: A Love Story
4. District 9
5. The Maiden Heist
6. Julie and Julia

7. Big Fan - Went into this knowing nothing more about it than the fact that Patton Oswalt was in it.  In otherwords, I knew NOTHING about this, at all.  Patton was not playing Patton, at all... if you expect sarcastic humor about fucking, being fat and or smoking pot you may be disappointed.  Warning aside this was really well done, and so, so dark.  Patton does creepy-brooding-obsessive-guy-goes-over-the-line really well.  A great movie, just don't go into expecting laughs, there aren't any to be had.

8. Moon - Very well made, and awesome to look at but certainly not original.  Any number of sci-fi flicks have covered the exact same ground.  Anything worth watching is worth watching again in a great new way, but it's really nothing that hasn't been done before.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Doug

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »

1) The Hangover - It was funny I guess.  Never been to Vegas, so a lot of it was lost on me.
2) Inglorious Basterds - Pretty kickass when Brad Pitt was on the screen.  Still cool otherwise.
3) District 9 - One of the best Sci-Fi movies I've ever seen.  I'm buying this one to add to my DVD collection of like 20 films.
4) G-Force - About as lame as I figured it would be.  I'm still amazed Tracy Jordan does voice overs for kids movies.
5) Moon - I'd never even heard of this before I read all of your reviews.  I liked it.  I wasn't blown away by it, but I thought it was a good, solid sci-fi movie.  It was a refreshing change to have the robot not trying to kill the guy.
6) The Hurt Locker - I liked this.  I've been sick of shoot 'em up war movies and this was more of a sciency take on war.  I wish there was more cool bomb diffusing stuff.
7) 9 - Pretty much as awesome as I expected it to be.

8) Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs - I thought it was freakin' hillarious.  So did the kids.  The wife, not so much.  I think she's a purist and wanted it to be like the book.  But face it, that would be pretty boring.  Loved the Monkey Thought Translator and the Rat Birds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54   Go Up