Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: 50 Movies in 2010  (Read 63662 times)

Doug

Re: 50 Movies in 2010
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »

1) The Hangover - It was funny I guess.  Never been to Vegas, so a lot of it was lost on me.
2) Inglorious Basterds - Pretty kickass when Brad Pitt was on the screen.  Still cool otherwise.
3) District 9 - One of the best Sci-Fi movies I've ever seen.  I'm buying this one to add to my DVD collection of like 20 films.
4) G-Force - About as lame as I figured it would be.  I'm still amazed Tracy Jordan does voice overs for kids movies.
5) Moon - I'd never even heard of this before I read all of your reviews.  I liked it.  I wasn't blown away by it, but I thought it was a good, solid sci-fi movie.  It was a refreshing change to have the robot not trying to kill the guy.
6) The Hurt Locker - I liked this.  I've been sick of shoot 'em up war movies and this was more of a sciency take on war.  I wish there was more cool bomb diffusing stuff.
7) 9 - Pretty much as awesome as I expected it to be.
8 ) Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs - I thought it was freakin' hillarious.  So did the kids.  The wife, not so much.  I think she's a purist and wanted it to be like the book.  But face it, that would be pretty boring.  Loved the Monkey Thought Translator and the Rat Birds.

9) The Fantastic Mr. Fox - An excellent adaptation.  I thought it stayed very true to the spirit of the book.  It was funny and sweet and madcap.  The use of the Beach Boys was pretty artful.
10) Surrogates - Somewhat interesting premise, crappily done.  Once I learned the antagonist's motivation, I was done.
11) Yes Man - Another typical Jim Carrey movie.  It was good, mindless, folding the laundry entertainment.

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2010, 08:01:26 AM »

1. Triplets of Belleville
2. The Road
3. Paris, je t'aime
4. Bruno
5. The Simpsons Movie
6. The Hangover
7. Wet Hot American Summer - I saw this listed in a top ten list of cult classics of the past decade and being the only one I hadn't seen, I decided to find it to give it a shot. Its a summer camp movie spoof that was written by the other Mike that isn't Michael Ian Black (who is in the movie). It definitely had its moments and was worthwhile watching. It will also make you giggle the next time you see Chris Meloni doing something serious on Law and Order. His character is completely over the top ridiculous. There are a ton of stars in this movie and I was kinda surprised I hadn't heard of it before. This would definitely be a great movie to watch while baked. Seriously, check out this cast. Elizabeth Banks isn't even listed oin the first page. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243655/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:36:20 AM by robbie robot »

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2010, 08:17:12 AM »

7. WET Hot American Summer - I saw this listed in a top ten list of cult classics of the past decade and being the only one I hadn't seen, I decided to find it to give it a shot. Its a summer camp movie spoof that was written by the other Mike that isn't Michael Ian Black (who is in the movie). It definitely had its moments and was worthwhile watching. It will also make you giggle the next time you see Chris Meloni doing something serious on Law and Order. His character is completely over the top ridiculous. There are a ton of stars in this movie and I was kinda surprised I hadn't heard of it before. This would definitely be a great movie to watch while baked. Seriously, check out this cast. Elizabeth Banks isn't even listed oin the first page. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243655/
Fixed that for you. :)
And YES. It's over-the-top HILARIOUS!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »

ooops. Thanks CL.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »

De nada!
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »

One of my all time favorite movies. I just have to be very careful who I recommend it to; I have some conservative friends who would be appalled.
also known as rcc94

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »

It is freaking hilarious
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2010, 09:11:59 PM »

1. Saboteur
2. Yes Men
3. Adventureland
4. Burn After Reading
5. 500 Days Of Summer
6. Big Fan
7. Dig!
8. Pump Up The Volume
9. Avatar (3D)
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »

I love Wet Hot American Summer. I might have to bump it up on my queue and get it this weekend.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »

Films watched for the first time in Bold  

1 Sherlock Holmes
2 Team America: World Police
3 Mars Attacks!
4 Paranormal Activity
5 In the Loop
6 The Invention of Lying
7 The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
8 Moon
9 Extract
10 10
11 Michael Jackson's This Is It
12 Fletch
13 Surrogates
Plot holes the size of Texas but nevertheless an enjoyable enough futuristic thriller.
Opulence. I has it.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »

1. District B13
2. Big Fan
3. Departures
4. Julie & Julia
5. In the Loop
6. Beautiful Losers

7. It Might Get Loud

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #101 on: February 03, 2010, 06:11:01 PM »

1. Die Hard
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. Domestic Disturbance
4. Barton Fink
5. 500 Days of Summer
6. The Fantastic Mr. Fox

7. A Life Aquatic
8. The Invention of Lying
In case of emergency, breakdance.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2010, 07:51:11 AM »

1. Sherlock Holmes - 5
2. Up in the Air - 9
3. Inglorious Basterds - 9
4. The U - 5
5. Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny - 4
6. Julie & Julia - 7.5
7. The Informant! - 6

8. Youth in Revolt - 6.5

What was already a weird story just turned extraordinarily weird during the final act.  Still worth a view, if only for Michael Cera playing the same role he has played a dozen times already... but this time with an alter ego.

9. The Business of Being Born - 4

AKA, "Midwives a-go-go".  Far too much Ricki Lake nipple in this movie, not near enough alternate opinion.  Supposedly a film that rails against the traditional system of maternity in the USA, which seems to be OB/GYN care for the first several months, ending with a hospital birth that is unnecessarily hurried along by greedy hospitals who want to get you in and out as quickly as possible, instead of allowing the birth process to occur naturally.  Which is fine, I think we all know the health care system is broken in some way and is pretty much run by big insurance.  The problem with the movie comes in when it preaches things like (and I'm paraphrasing here) "if you don't deliver the baby naturally (and vaginally as opposed to C-section), then you won't have as much of a maternal bond with it".  One guy interviewed even goes so far as to say the mother just won't love it as much.  Um, yeah.  Whatever, dude.  Up until that point it was a pretty good look at midwives and the advantages to having one and the drawbacks of the regular maternity system.  After that, I just kind of rolled my eyes at the rest of it.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2010, 08:26:54 AM »

Our daughter was born C-section.... how I hate her*.

Hopefully it need not be said that nothing could be further from the truth.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2010, 09:49:03 AM »

Our daughter was born C-section.... how I hate her*.

Hopefully it need not be said that nothing could be further from the truth.
You know what's funny? When I was holding her when I visited you guys in the hospital, I kinda started hating her as well.

obviously I am kidding as well
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 54   Go Up