Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: NBCs Late Night Lineup Flap  (Read 6928 times)

Juliana

• City Elder
Re: NBCs Late Night Lineup Flap
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »

Check out the pics from the "I'm with CoCo" rallies on the facebook page.  Really fun stuff.
I'm with CoCo
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »

You know, if Conan is getting $40 million dollars or whatever it is they are going to settle on, then I'm sure the dude doesn't need all these rallies and support. Yes, it sounds like he got screwed over by the network, but he's plenty well off. It's fun to talk about but I don't think he's exactly going to be found in the gutter after this all said and done.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2010, 01:41:21 AM »

His last show is Friday, so be tuned in.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 09:26:15 AM »

Did anyone see Jeff Zucker on Charlie Rose? I was half tempted to grab a bottle of booze and take a shot every time he said "Um". I will give him credit he said several times "We have to do a better job", granted he was gritting his teeth while he said it but he admitted it. He still seemed like he was just trying to appease the pissed off masses.

"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 09:46:03 AM »

You know, if Conan is getting $40 million dollars or whatever it is they are going to settle on, then I'm sure the dude doesn't need all these rallies and support. Yes, it sounds like he got screwed over by the network, but he's plenty well off. It's fun to talk about but I don't think he's exactly going to be found in the gutter after this all said and done.

I don't think anybody was worried that he might end up homeless or destitute.  They're rallying because they like his show and want to see it continue, or him be able to carry on elsewhere in a hospitable environment.  Sometimes the networks DO listen to the viewers (Jericho, anyone?) not usually, but sometimes.

Whatever happens, Conan will land on his feet but I'm not sure why that makes it silly to show support for him.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

rva

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 11:03:40 AM »

I wouldn't mind if the supporters were just "Keep Conan's show.  We like it!"  But they're actually rallying around the dude as if he were done some major injustice by the evil Jay Leno.  And the timing is a bit sensitive here after a genuine tragedy in Haiti.

I think O'Brien is being a bit of a drama queen.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 05:02:03 PM »

He has on several occasions reminded his audience that there are ACTUAL problems in the world and that they should go to stillerstrong.org and do something for Haiti.  I don't think he's asked for any of the rally stuff, but I respect him for making an appearance at the one in LA.  I mean, if you did something like that for a guy and it was on his back door step and he didn't even wave out the window what would you think?

Outside of calling NBC's execs morons I think he's stayed pretty clean of the whole thing.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »

that really should have been the video of the day! And it's really disturbing. Why would an audience on the other side of the world care about the late night shenanigans in the US? The animated figures were awesome, though.  Might be better than the real Leno.  ;)
x2!!! Amazing.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »

I don't watch any of their shows.  I watch clips of the Late, Late Show because that's funny sometimes.

I will say that Leno hasn't actually been funny in 20 years or so.  What a crapfest.  At least Conan is chuckle-worthy on the rare occasion I see him.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Hell Toupee

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 08:32:37 PM »

His last show is Friday, so be tuned in.

Letterman's already ask him if he'd come on his show in the near future. Not sure when though.

Doug

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2010, 12:43:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up