Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's your preferred website for sharing your own images?  (Read 1256 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
What's your preferred website for sharing your own images?
« on: January 17, 2010, 06:52:15 PM »

What's your preferred website for sharing your own images?

Basically, I'm at the conundrum where I no longer like the kodak website, which I have always used, due to their lack of easy-to-read captions and poor uploading usability. So I'm looking at other websites, and I'm curious what everyone else uses, and why.

Like, do you prefer Picassa? Do you prefer flickr? What about Snapfish? Other? Why do you like these?

I just want to be able to take photos, upload them easily to a site that I can share with family and friends, be able to see the captions, have my friends and family easily see the photos, and then if they really like one, order it to be printed.

Kodak used to do this until recently, and now it sucks.

Advice appreciated.

Cheers!

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Re: What's your preferred website for sharing your own images?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 08:38:43 PM »

For snapshots and people pictures I use snapfish (as do my sisters and mom). My impression is that it's also fairly secure, as you have to be invited to see the photo album. Ordering prints is easy and they can be mailed or printed at a local store. They also have an FB application so you can print pictures from FB, too.

For sharing photos and making them available to everyone, I use Flickr. I haven't printed from there, but they have some interesting partnerships for creating books and other products.

Both have acceptable uploaders. I like that I can tag photos on Flickr including placing them on a map.

I haven't done much with Picassa.
also known as rcc94

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »

I like Snapfish, in part because almost everyone I share pictures with is on that site. Haven't used the FB app for it yet, though.

JohnnyRoyale

• Town Drunk
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »

I've been digging photomama lately
"If you're going to get a hooker, at least  get one a little older. They have more tricks." ~Advice from Mad Dog, my grandmother

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 11:33:53 AM »

Thanks folks. I'm messing around with some of these now. Never heard of photomama, though, so I'll certainly look into that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up