Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned Movies 2010  (Read 6981 times)

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Abandoned Movies 2010
« on: January 19, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

A thread for those films we start watching but abandon because they're crap or we've just lost the will to live ...

I'll kick things off with....
Opulence. I has it.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
Re: Abandoned Movies 2010
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »

1 • (500) Days of Summer
I think I just need to stop falling for the media hype about these 'young adult' rom-coms? Lasted 20 minutes and even Dan's über knob-fest, Zooey, could not save this mawkish piece of crap from the eject button.
Opulence. I has it.

Butter

• Probably in the car
  • City Elder
  • Spreadsheets R Us
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:04:41 AM »

So, this is going to be a personal blog for you then, is it?

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:34:05 AM »

Eh?

Oh come on, I can't be the only one who might start watching a movie on TV and then go "this is shit" and change channels? ("300")

Or start watching something you 'remember as great' only to find it's no longer great. ("White Palace")
Opulence. I has it.

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 09:42:26 AM »

You're definitely not.  Especially weird stuff J wants to watch, sometimes I just can't sit through it.
 I probably would have turned off 500 Days, too, if we'd had anything else in the cue to take up our lazy Saturday.
In case of emergency, breakdance.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 10:17:43 AM »

1. Rushmore (Yes, yes, I know but it was like pulling teeth for me. My date was lucky I sat through to the 45 minute mark).
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Doug

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »

I have never walked out of a movie.  I've turned the channel when I didn't like what is on TV, but I usually have a pretty good idea if I'm going to like a movie or not before I spend my money on it.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 11:32:03 PM »

Typically if I've sat down to watch a movie (or paid to see it!) then I'm going to watch the whole thing. I have a never-ending hope that it might be good in the end.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »

The only movie I've ever walked out of in a theater was Out of Bounds with Anthony Michael Hall.  We gave it a 1/2 hr.  That was too long. 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »

1. I'M NOT THERE - DVD - 01/16/10 - I've never been a Bob Dylan fan. Not that I don't like him. I'm just indifferent. So, I couldn't really get into this movie that's about Dylan or based on Dylan or just uses the music of Dylan while showing his life or someone else's life or many other someone else's lives using several different actors of various genders and races. It was too much. I hung around long enough to see Charlotte Gainsbourg's nipples and then turned it off. I think that means I watched about an hour of the film. I almost didn't want to turn it off after investing that much time in it. But, then I realized that I didn't care about being a quitter in this case.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:55:15 AM »

1. I'M NOT THERE

We gave up on this pretentious nonsense as well

But we never made it as far as Charlotte Gainsbourg's nipples. In fact I never knew Charlotte Gainsbourg's nipples made an appearance. Had I known Charlotte Gainsbourg's nipples would be turning up at some point I may have waited to see them. Or at least fast forwarded.

Did they represent Dylan's "Desire" period?

For the record I have only ever walked out of the cinema three times - "Monkeybone", "Orange County" and "Tropic Thunder"... although to be fair the last one was because the theatre's a/c unit was making so much noise above us it was hard to hear the dialogue. It was a crap movie though and I wasn't disappointed - watching it later on DVD made me realise I wasn't missing anything from the dialogue anyway.

There ARE however many more times when I have felt like walking out. Like Dan I have held on to hope. Stupidly, on lots of occasions
Opulence. I has it.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 02:14:15 PM »

I had no idea that her nips would make an appearance. But, once I saw them, I figured that was good enough for me. Also, I don't even know what Dylan's "DESIRE" period was. So, this movie was not made for me.

For the record, I have NEVER EVER walked out of a movie. EVER. I think the closest I've ever come to walking out of a movie was COLOR OF NIGHT. I just hated that movie ever so much. But, I still couldn't bring myself to walk out.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »

For the record I have only ever walked out of the cinema three times - "Monkeybone", "Orange County" and "Tropic Thunder"

Monkeybone came back to haunt us though, didn't it? I seem to remember it being one of Delta's transatlantic feature films...
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Hell Toupee

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »

I can recall only walking out on two... "Batman and Robin" and "Millennium".

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 08:55:24 AM »

1. Extract

Hard to believe that Mike Judge had anything to do with this movie. When I hadn't laughed once in 40 minutes I gave up and read a book, although CR persevered to the end.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:19:24 AM by MissKitty »
Duct tape can't fix stupid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up