Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix to delay Fox and Universal new releases  (Read 909 times)

Juliana

• City Elder
Netflix to delay Fox and Universal new releases
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

By 28 days
AV Club
PC World

BUUUUT

As part of the deal, they're going to be putting a lot more Universal and Fox stuff up for streaming, including all of Arrested Development (since I think everybody likes that 'round these parts)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:45:26 PM by Juliana »
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Netflix to delay Fox and Universal new releases
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »

AV Club has it right, stealin' this shit is easy.  This is a dumb plan.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »

Yeah, I'm not going to buy more DVDs because I can't watch them right away when they come out.
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

rva

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:47:51 AM »

I agree it's pretty stupid.  At the same time, I have yet to see someone come up plan that is any less stupid.

Like with music, everyone's just like "Well, they give the music away for free to build up their name, then they'll sell merch and license their songs and make money on live shows."

Really?  You want bands to be more commercial?  You think it's a positive development when it costs $40 to see a show?  Or when a band spends more time thinking about cool t-shirts than the music?  You're happy with buying $100 vinyl "limited edition" sets that contain the same shit you've already heard?  You think the way to save music is to make it not about music?

The problem is almost any idea you can come up with to combat piracy is bound to be stupid, because it makes too much sense to just pirate it.  Bottom line is, you could pay for something or you could get it for free.  Who is going to chose "pay?"

I find it hard to blame the media conglomerates for trying different things, whether it be a "six pac" or whatever.  They have a problem where they don't understand their audience.  However, if they did understand their audience they'd just pack up and go away because there's no point.  So stay stupid, I say.

Pages: [1]   Go Up