Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: xbox 360 - Sell me on this thing  (Read 6712 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: xbox 360 - Sell me on this thing
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »

Wii'd buy a new one.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:05 AM »

Composite is the old red, white and yellow... which are analog.

That's right, you got the arcade which probably doesn't come with the extra HD cables.  Well, $6 at the right web site would fix that.

I was thinking of component cables, which sounds a lot like composite... but are not the same thing.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »

Well, like I said, we have an extra HDMI cable laying around (I got 3 for $15 from buy.com) but I don't have an open port for it on my TV.  I might have an open component port but that's something else I'd have to buy.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 02:04:06 PM »

In case anybody was wondering I offloaded the thing to a co-worker at a modest profit.  Just couldn't get interested in it enough.  I'm going back to thinking about setting up a media PC with our old desktop.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »

You're missing out.  We got Left 4 Dead 2 for $35 (figured I'd take a flier on it, since it is a $30 trade in at Gamestop now, so I can get my money back if needed), and it is pretty awesome so far.  The ads for that game, combined with her recent enjoyment of Zombieland actually got Andrea into this game.  The fact that she is new didn't stop her from chewing me out for leaving her behind when she was lagging during the game, but that's part of the fun is getting that into it.

Also can't wait until Christmas for the boys to bust out Rock Band that we picked up for $50 on Friday.  They were so hilarious doing the singing and drumming at Best Buy when they tried it out a while back, that alone is going to make it an awesome Christmas.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 03:21:09 PM »

We got the new Mario Brothers game so I'm good on games for a while I'd wager.  I really do not have any interest in high def shootem ups.

If Wally World had had Rock Band for Wii I'd have been there, but even if I have to pay full price for it when/if I ever do get it it'll still be cheaper than owning a separate console.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »

So, Plants vs. Zombies.  Ethan bought it at Andrea's suggestion a couple weeks ago.  Played it for like 2 hours yesterday.  Pretty fun game.  Realize now it is part of a genre of games called "tower defense" games.  And that the boys have been playing some stupid tower defense game online for several months now, so no wonder they like this too.

I used to be in touch with games, but I had no idea what this game was or how to play it before I got my hands on it yesterday, and it's been out for probably a whole year at this point.  Sad.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »

There's a wonderful Tower Defense Game called Defender Chronicles that I have for my iphone. Don't know what other platforms it is available for, but I can't get enough of it.

My favorite Tower Defense Game (so far, I keep exploring for more of them) was the one that came with Warcraft III. It was almost a side game from the main game. Since that game is like 8 years old now, you can probably find it for cheap. Like, $5 or something.

If anyone ever has a recommended Tower Defense Game please let me know. :)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 01:00:26 PM »

I downloaded the demo of the PC version of Plants vs. Zombies almost 2 years ago. It's a fun little game. It's been really popular on the iPhone, too.
also known as rcc94
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up