Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution  (Read 3737 times)

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
« on: January 15, 2008, 07:34:34 AM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/28/sid-meiers-civilization-revolution-coming-to-new-gen-consoles-a/

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution coming to new-gen consoles and handhelds
16 Comments by Ludwig Kietzmann Jun 28th 2007 8:58AM
Filed under: Nintendo DS, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony PSP, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox 360, Strategy

Take-Two has announced that strategic mastermind Sid Meier intends to embrace the playthings of our fairly uncivilized age and build Civilization Revolution, the designer's first "next generation" game. Scheduled for a Spring 2008 release on modern consoles and handheld platforms, the strategy game promises to build the widely appreciated Civilization gameplay "from the ground up" for consoles. According to the press release, that means "an all new accessible, visually immersive, and action-packed world" with a "streamlined time scale for quicker games, intense combat, and constant action." Yes, we checked twice to make sure we were reading the correct document.

It's also the game Sid Meier's always wanted to make, you know. "Civilization Revolution is the game I've always wanted to make!" he says. "We are excited to take advantage of the power of next generation consoles and the ingenuity of handhelds, to create a great and unique strategy game for newcomers to the series, as well as the millions of fans around the world who enjoy Civilization on the PC." Since the PC's Civilization almost seems like the shushing librarian compared to console gaming's heavily armed macho man, this "Revolution" faces quite a challenge in getting the two to shake hands and appeal to both sets of gamers. Mr. Meier had best prepare himself for an initial torrent of "it's being dumbed down" accusations.

You might choose to save those for your fellow player, as Civilization Revolution will support online multiplayer matches along with integrated video and voice chat. We can't wait to don togas and wave our scepters about as we crush the feeble armies of General H@xinat0rr 3K.

I can't wait for this game! Anyone else excited about this?
Well.......

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Re: Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »

This is the first I've heard about it. I'm really going to have to work on losing my next 10 pounds - my reward is a Nintendo DS or Guitar Hero, so this may just be the incentive! (And Guitar Hero will have to wait for another 10 pounds to go away.)
also known as rcc94

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »

[No! Get guitar hero!]

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 09:30:05 AM »

I can't imagine it will be as detailed as the computer version.

But if it comes out for the Wii, it's just as well, seeing as our computer could not possibly manage the next standard Civ PC iteration, and all of its increased computing/video power demands.

Doug

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:33:51 AM »

Every time I see the title, I think of Dance Dance Revolution.  Will there be dancing and cool music.

I can't even think of buying a new game any time soon.  Lego Star Wars has me in its grip.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Every time I see the title, I think of Dance Dance Revolution.  Will there be dancing and cool music.

I can't even think of buying a new game any time soon.  Lego Star Wars has me in its grip.

You should come over sometime and play the Wii with us!
Well.......

Doug

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:09:05 AM »

You should come over sometime and play the Wii with us!
I'll take you up on that as soon as my kids have a clean bill of health.  They're both recovering from pink eye and now they have colds or something.  Our house is a mess right now.  Isaac was really dissapointed we couldn't go bowling, so we need to get together for that as well.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 10:40:56 AM »

Civilization V is out today!
Pages: [1]   Go Up