Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 20697 times)

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »

Andrea's (the older sister) over-acting was downright painful to watch at the end.  Like, so bad that it made me uncomfortable.  And, regarding the boat dialog at the beginning, I think my lovely husband put it best:
"man, that one gal seeing her sister die on the walking dead must have been in as much pain as I was during their fishing talk in the intro."

I agree. That opening scene was annoying.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 08:19:52 PM »

I just love when the blood splatter ends up on the camera lens.
also known as rcc94

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »

I believe the role of the CDC is being played by the Aquarium.

(I like that it was actually filmed in Georgia.)
also known as rcc94

Doug

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »

All I could think of is how freakin' loud that must have been to be sitting with my face pressed up to a zombie and to stick a gun right up to it's head and pull the trigger.  That would probably blow an eardrum, not to mention the powder and gas escaping from the gun and chance of a possible ricochet in the skull, causing the bullet to come flying out the face or splattering infected crap all over your own face.  Sure, it was dramatic, but freakishly stupid.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »

All I could think of is how freakin' loud that must have been to be sitting with my face pressed up to a zombie and to stick a gun right up to it's head and pull the trigger.  That would probably blow an eardrum, not to mention the powder and gas escaping from the gun and chance of a possible ricochet in the skull, causing the bullet to come flying out the face or splattering infected crap all over your own face.  Sure, it was dramatic, but freakishly stupid.

It's not like she had the gun next to her ear.  It was about where it would be if you were firing it straight ahead.  The general lack of concern for cross-contamination seems to be a theme.  Very interested in the final show, to see what light can be shed on things by the CDC guy, which will no doubt set a course for Season 2.

rva

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 01:01:04 PM »

So... what we should we do?
Let's go to Atlanta.  The CDC is there.
Yeah, great idea!  I'm going!
*later*
Ohhhhh shit!  Atlanta is really dangerous.  GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!

So... what should we do?
I know! let's go back to Atlanta!
*later*
Ohhhhh shit!  Atlanta is really dangerous.  GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT!
Hey if you are listening on CB?  Dooooon't go to Atlanta!  For the love of God, dooooon't go to Atlanta!

So... what should we do?
I know!  Let's go to the CDC center in Atlanta!
Hey if you are listening on CB?  We're going to Atlanta!  Meet us in Atlanta! 
*later*
Ohhhhh shit!  Atlanta is really dangerous.  Fuckfuckfuckfuck

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »

LOL... I was thinking that, thanks for the outline though, just punctuates how stupid it is.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Doug

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 02:13:21 PM »

It's not like she had the gun next to her ear.  It was about where it would be if you were firing it straight ahead.  The general lack of concern for cross-contamination seems to be a theme.  Very interested in the final show, to see what light can be shed on things by the CDC guy, which will no doubt set a course for Season 2.

It looked like it was 6 inches from her face.  And, yes, I constantly think about cross contamination.  I mean that dude with the pick ax...that stuff is just flying everywhere, getting on the camera lens and everything.  I'm also excited about the finale and a more leisurely unfolding season 2.

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 03:34:24 PM »

Ditto. Strictly from a safety standpoint, this is an insanely stupid thing (not to mention stupid just to have to watch).  It's the equivalent of having a sizable explosion happen within a foot or so of your face, with your eyes and eardrums unprotected. 
That's not the first beef I've had with firearm safety on the show, though. they need to be more thorough with their research or get someone who knows guns in on the writing.
In one of the first episodes, Rick goofs on Andrea for pointing the gun at people meaningfully, but with the safety on.  Problem is, she's pointing a glock, and glocks don't have a safety. 

In case of emergency, breakdance.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »

Yeah, i keep thinking how in 28 days later that one guy got infected by that single drop of blood falling into his eye
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

rva

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 08:03:33 PM »

The glock thing happened in the first episode with the deputy.  Rick says something about the safety and then takes the gun and does something with it (racks the slide?  How and why?) and then hands it back to him.

Laurie Holden has a 9mm Smith and Wesson 3913 Ladysmith, which is the exact gun I'd probably get if I were to purchase one.  I have small hands and can't fire a Glock worth a damn, whereas I can use a 3913 at least half a damn, maybe even three-quarters.  And it does have a safety.

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 12:49:12 PM »

They are starting to lose me. Guess I'll ride it out and see where the show goes.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:56 PM »

Laurie Holden has a 9mm Smith and Wesson 3913 Ladysmith

Ok, I'm dying to know. Can you tell that just by looking at it, or do you have another source on this?
In case of emergency, breakdance.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »

I've finally caught up with this show, and I am not sure about it.  I was REALLY hyped for it based on the fact that the comic serious is absolutely wonderful, but I'm just not sure about the TV series.  The series is taking a completely different direction from the comics, and I'm not sure if I like it.  I just am not sure at all about this trip to the CDC and everything that could come with it.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

rva

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »

Laurie Holden has a 9mm Smith and Wesson 3913 Ladysmith

Ok, I'm dying to know. Can you tell that just by looking at it, or do you have another source on this?

I could tell just looking at it because I've fired that gun and really liked it.  I even owned one for a very brief time before I sold it to my friend, and sometimes wish I could get it back.

But should you ever have an entertainment firearms based question, you can always consult the
IMFDB
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up