Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 19956 times)

rva

Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »

I think there will probably a lot more marriage strife.  I'm guessing the doctor told Rick his wife was pregnant.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »

holy crap, didn't think of that RVA!

it would be the buddy's kid.  I mean, if this is day 164, that puts Rick in the coma around 5 months.  Could be more, since we don't know how long he was in the coma before the zombie stuff started.   

I was originally thinking that it was that the surviving sister had the zombies, but the previews for this are as tricky as the ones for Mad Men, and they didn't act like that on the actual show, just the preview for the finale.  Figured all that blood from her sister might have ...I don't know, infected her by osmosis or something?

I had also totally forgotten about the helecopter.
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

rva

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 02:52:21 PM »

Well, it's just a guess on my part.  It seems to make the most sense as a plot device, but I could be totally wrong.  Maybe the writers don't even know.  They just wrote that in as a cool cliff-hanger and they'll figure out what to do with it later.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:58:52 PM by rva »

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 03:05:33 PM »

holy crap, didn't think of that RVA!

I mean, if this is day 164, that puts Rick in the coma around 5 months.  Could be more, since we don't know how long he was in the coma before the zombie stuff started.   

But, how do we know their timeline (as in, how much real time is passing with each episode)?  If Rick has been at camp with his wife for two or more weeks, it could easily be him, too.
In case of emergency, breakdance.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »

I was thinking that he made it to camp, then the next day they went back for the guy on the roof.  The day after that was the zombie attack on the camp, and they left that next day to get help for the guy who was bitten.
-Ed Helms

rva

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 05:18:56 PM »

This is what happens if I write the series:

What the doctor whispered to Rick is that he was lying about "no surprises."  Rick actually has zombie germ.  He *did* die, or come real close.  That's why Shane didn't hear a heartbeat. 

Thing is, Rick also has some kind of zombie virus/fungi/bacteria resistance.  That's why the doctor let him go.  He couldn't understand how Rick's blood showed zombie infestation signs yet Rick was healthy... so there was hope for humanity after all.

So Rick sweats it out for a few hours trying to figure out if he's going to die or if the doctor was lying or mistaken or what.  Then he wonders whether he should tell the others.  That'll be part of the storyline for awhile.

Longer term, it turns out that the survivors are broken into two types--  Those who are immune to the zombies, and those who merely managed not get infected (yet).  Obviously those who are immune have a big survival advantage.

BUT it turns out some agency can figure out who is immune and is hunting them down to try and create a vaccine.  And this agency is a lot more competent than the zombies.  That's where the helicopter came from.  So the immune guys have their own problems and in fact jeopardize the non-immune by both attracting human killers and by possibly getting zombie crud and unknowingly passing it on via sex or bathing in zombified waters or sharing food or whatnot.

So this sets up all sorts of tensions between the mystery helicopter agencies, the immune, the non-immune, and the various scattered survivor gangs who may be immune, non-immune, a mix, or not even know. 

After 2-3 seasons of warring and conflict, it turns out the helicopters belong to the Syndicate.  And the only person with superawesome immunity that can be passed on to children is Laurie Holden because the virus is similar to Black Oil.  And the only person Laurie Holden can have sex with is me, because I'm writing the show and I think she's hot.  So in the final episode, I have sex with Laurie Holden like twenty times (not shown) and the world is saved!  Plus she gives me her S&W 3913 to remember her by.

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »

I was thinking that he made it to camp, then the next day they went back for the guy on the roof.  The day after that was the zombie attack on the camp, and they left that next day to get help for the guy who was bitten.

Gotchya.  I think my assumption was that more time was passing between episodes/events, like maybe a few days.

In case of emergency, breakdance.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »

I think they're plotting the show based on the graphic novels.  So read them if you want to know what happens next.  :p
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 12:47:09 PM »

But please don't post here unless you use a spoiler tag, and tell us that you're spoilering based on the novels.
-Ed Helms

Doug

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »

If I were you guys, I'd read the graphic novels.  I don't think it will take anything away from the experience of watching the show.  Plus, you have like a whole year before the next season.  The suspense would kill me.

rva

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »

I thought they were saying the show doesn't really tracking the graphic novels very closely?

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 03:01:50 PM »

What I read said that as well RVA.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Doug

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:50 PM »

Like I said, I don't think it will take anything away from watching the show.  So far they've pulled bits and pieces from the books, but the story is subtly different.  If anything, reading the books would probably deepen your appreciation of the story, characters, etc.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »

I don't know, the AV Club made a big thing about asking commenters to refrain from spoiling stuff that was from the books, then made an even bigger deal when people actually did start spoiling.
To the point where they actually said "don't read the comments because they will spoil the show"
-Ed Helms

Doug

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 03:56:21 PM »

Well as much as you like the Gunslinger series of graphic novels, I would hate to see you deprive yourself from reading The Walking Dead books, just because there's a TV show adapted from them.  Just a suggestion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up