Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 24825 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2012, 08:11:40 AM »

Agree with Butter 100%.  I'm not deterred from watching in the slightest but I also hope to see Lori die in an agonizing manner.  I'm guessing that as long as she's pregnant and we don't know if there's a zombie in there or not that she's untouchable as well.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Fourthisto

« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »

Yes Ella, that would be the prison looming in background, the setting of the very near future. Things are going to get pretty interesting soon, breaking out of the farm took forever but the second half of the season really clicked.

But at least being token, he's not in my face as much and I'm hoping he'll get a larger role at some point. 

The good thing about being "the token" is that he's not in your face as much, but you hope he will be at some point?

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »

Yes.  Because if he is given a larger role then his character will be fleshed out and have something to do and he will no longer be token.

Now fuck off.

Fourthisto

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »

He'll be fleshed out, alright, but he won't be around at all after that, princess.  :-*

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2012, 05:37:16 PM »

what kind of prison has it turned into? Alien 3 prison? Max Max prison? Shawshank?

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2012, 10:58:50 AM »

sheesh. lori's character could be so awesome, but she's the epitome of everything wrong with a female tv character.

insists on being in a love triangle. basically says shane needs to be dead, then recoils in horror after the deed is done. doesn't appear to have a original thought in her head, content to support her husband and be the queen bee. cliche female tv lead. even giving birth to a zombie baby that bites her vagina won't redeem her. i want her eaten by zombies soon.

t-dawg: cliche token black guy. we know more about every other character than him. lame.

finally, off of that damned farm. and it was woefully underprepared for a zombie hoard. why were they not working on defenses for the entire fall? unforgivable, and if they're so worried about not being found, why not make some imposing defenses? lame plot and lazy writing. cows should've been zombie magnets all through this story arc.

i don't like how the "group" welcomes others when it suits the writers, but murders another groups member later in the show, without preparing any type of defense of the farm. although i was entertained, it was a glaring pot hole once i thought about it.

and it's about time for them to stop relying on guns, ammo has got to be in small supply, they need to address the issue which they've skirted around and move onto zombie killing without guns.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »

t-dawg: cliche token black guy. we know more about every other character than him. lame.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

Hopefully Lori is next.  Please, God... let it be Lori.

Welp....  that was pretty rough.

Fourthisto

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2012, 01:00:51 PM »

Yeah, last season it was "DO IT ALREADY!!", but last episode was so raw that you couldn't help but wince.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2012, 01:52:19 PM »

I ventured on to facebook yesterday morning before I'd seen the episode and had Lori and T-Dawg's dealths spoiled for me.  Oh well, glad to see Lori go, couldn't stand her.  T-Dawg, I won't miss because I barely noticed he was there.  They have a couple of new token black guys so, you know, they're keeping up with their quota.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »

*spoiler*

T-Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2013, 11:30:14 AM »

My son got me and my wife hooked on this over the weekend - wow, I like it!
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2013, 12:41:20 PM »

saving the whole season to watch on dvr during spring break.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »

I find it interesting that now that the TV series has basically completely left the plot of the comic books, the show is now really starting to feel like the comic. This season has been incredible so far and it has really hit it's stride.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2013, 07:13:27 AM »

I agree.  I watched all 4 of this season's episodes on Sunday, and I thought that aside from the pilot, this is the best this series has ever been.  I know some people had said "how can you make their everyday lives interesting?" as far as just going on supply runs and general maintenance of their hideout and such.  Well, they've done it.  Lots going on with characters, with plot, and all of it has been very well done and more than that, hasn't seemed like they were stalling a plot point just to make the season a certain length.

Seeing this season makes me realize how little I liked seasons 2 & 3.  The whole Governor plotline just seemed to take forever for me, and don't get me started on the farm.  It was Andrea (the character, not my lovely wife) that really got on my nerves that whole time, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12   Go Up