Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 20690 times)

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »

I could tell just looking at it because I've fired that gun and really liked it.  I even owned one for a very brief time before I sold it to my friend, and sometimes wish I could get it back.

But should you ever have an entertainment firearms based question, you can always consult the
IMFDB

Thanks for the link!  We could have sworn it was a glock (I mistook it for a slick looking .45 at first), so good to know.  Can't wait to tell my neighbor/BFF who nearly had a conniption over this.
In case of emergency, breakdance.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 08:41:23 AM »

I believe the role of the CDC is being played by the Aquarium.

(I like that it was actually filmed in Georgia.)
Nope. It's at the Cobb Energy Center in the Cumberland area. It's right by the movie theatre at Parkway Point. :) At one point during the construction of that building, I thought about taking a daily photo of the progress. I wish I had done that. Would have been cool to have it now that the building is nerd-famous because of this show.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »

Oh...and I've finally managed to watch the show (only one night of zombiemares!) and get caught up. Sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. I kinda wish we'd get flashbacks to learn more about these characters but I guess that would be too Lostie.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 09:03:16 AM »

Someone else pointed out that the CDC is actually 7 miles outside Atlanta, refuting rva's amusing mini-rant... but it sure looked like it was supposed to be in or very near downtown Atlanta to me.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »

Someone else pointed out that the CDC is actually 7 miles outside Atlanta, refuting rva's amusing mini-rant... but it sure looked like it was supposed to be in or very near downtown Atlanta to me.
See above. The building they are using as the CDC is in Cobb County. The 'burbs, but a very populated 'burb with lots of high rise office buildings.

I want to know where the hell this quarry is. They mentioned that it was NW of the city, which is where I live/work. At first, I thought they were filming at Providence Canyon but you could never see the city from there. So, this quarry must be somewhere around the city.

Found it: Bellwood Quarry.
http://www.atlantatimemachine.com/misc/quarry.htm

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 09:40:38 AM »

I meant the real CDC.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 09:56:45 AM »

rva

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 10:54:05 AM »

They apparently fired all the writers.  Thank God. 

The fishing scene was apalling.  First of all, there wouldn't be any fish in that quarry, unless someone stocked it.  Which is easily possible, but still... it wouldn't be a sure thing.  And anyone who fishes would take one look at that pond and be pretty skeptical that there's any fish in it.  It just looks completely sterile.

Second, there is no such thing as a "dry lure."  And no one fly fishes by simple tossing a "dry lure" over the side of a canoe and just sitting there.  What they should have been doing is bait casting.  And no one gives a crap what not you use to tie things.  That's only in fly fishing.  That whole scene and conversation made absolutely no fucking sense to anyone who has ever fished. 

And it went for like five minutes just so we could get "He knew you needed to catch fish and I needed to throw them back."  WTF?  It doesn't even make sense. 

Really, the writing has been abysmal since the first episode and it was getting even worse.  If either of the last two episodes had been the premier, this show never would have gotten off the ground.  They've just been coasting off the momentum of that superb first episode.

vizzah

• Self-cleaning mutant
  • City Elder
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:38 AM »

Ditto err'thing rva said.
In case of emergency, breakdance.

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 09:38:26 PM »

I believe the role of the CDC is being played by the Aquarium.

(I like that it was actually filmed in Georgia.)
Nope. It's at the Cobb Energy Center in the Cumberland area. It's right by the movie theatre at Parkway Point. :) At one point during the construction of that building, I thought about taking a daily photo of the progress. I wish I had done that. Would have been cool to have it now that the building is nerd-famous because of this show.
What, something I read on the internet was wrong?!

:D

also known as rcc94

rva

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »

Spoilery thoughts on the last episode:

1)  I dug it.  It was a somewhat easy episode to write, though.  Any sort of irrational behavior could be explained by people either being drunk, thinking they were saved, or knowledge that you're screwed and actually wanting to die.

2)  Why do they always have crazy timing on things like this?  It's not that easy to sprint down a bunch of hallways, up a bunch of stairs, take a bunch of hacks at a window with an axe and then detonate a grenade, run a block or so away and get to your car in like four minutes.  Why not just add like five or ten minutes to the clock?  It would have been the same exciting and narrow escape, just more believable.  A minor quibble, but still kind of annoying.

3)  Rick *knows* there's more out there than it appears because he saw something in the second episode.  Maybe the other camp people don't believe him, but the doctor might. Wouldn't that possibly have changed the doctor's mind about wanting to die, or at least activated his sense of duty earlier?  I don't know; maybe not. Interesting that he didn't play that card though.

4)  I totally would have been cool dying in the blast.  I mean, not so cool with being forced to die but if the explanation were given and a choice provided I would have died with the doctor.

Juliana

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »

I don't remember what you're talking about in #3
We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 07:55:13 AM »

Ditto
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 07:55:23 AM »

I don't remember what you're talking about in #3

The helicopter.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »

I like how they set it up for next season.  I just hope they tone down the melodrama a bit, and ratchet up the zombie danger.  I want to see less marriage strife and more brains eatin'.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up