Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 23075 times)

Juliana

• City Elder
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2011, 09:40:52 PM »

Can we agree to keep the graphic novel stuff in the spoiler tags at least?

I know they're wildly divergent on some things,  but following them in other areas, so please?  thanks. best friends!

and holy freaking shit that finale twist was insane last night.

We all agree that genocide, avalanches, and Family Circus are not funny
-Ed Helms

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 12:22:05 PM »

got the fall season on dvr. gonna watch it over xmas break.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2012, 09:34:43 AM »

Wow... this has been quite a season.  Didn't see Dale's death coming... really liked his character.  Glad Rick finally dealt with Shane, though, what choice did he really have?  I wish Carl would go ahead and bite it, I'm sick of him.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Predot

• Summer Resident
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2012, 11:45:21 AM »

Wow... this has been quite a season.  Didn't see Dale's death coming... really liked his character.  Glad Rick finally dealt with Shane, though, what choice did he really have?  I wish Carl would go ahead and bite it, I'm sick of him.

Interesting choices to kill off two of the characters responsible for most of the friction within the group. Obviously they will be back on the road after the walkers invade the farm next week. I suppose they'll have to pick up some new members of the group to rebuild some of the tension (though it will also help remembering that some of the other characters, such as T-Dawg, exist).

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2012, 02:53:33 PM »

Well, in comparison to the comic, they are actually not killing characters fast enough. :-)

I was disappointed they killed Dale, mainly because they never got around to him and Andrea becoming a couple like they did in the comics.  And Shane was killed off really early in the comics, so that didn't shock me too bad.

If they are going to the prison (which was mentioned in one episode) they should pick up some good characters.  I have heard talk of adding Michonne and hopefully Thomas and Axel will be in there as well.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »

Interesting. They got rid of the biggest pains in the asses.
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

Predot

• Summer Resident
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2012, 03:16:11 PM »

Well, in comparison to the comic, they are actually not killing characters fast enough. :-)

I never read any of the comics.* So I don't have any basis for comparison.

* If you don't count the graphic novels I read as a pre-teen detailing the dark and seedy goings on at Riverdale High, I've never read any comics.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »

Just because I was looking through the bizarre images thread and saw this again:

GRRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNSSSSSS!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »

I was disappointed they killed Dale, mainly because they never got around to him and Andrea becoming a couple like they did in the comics.  And Shane was killed off really early in the comics, so that didn't shock me too bad.

I for one, am glad they skipped this.  I don't think TV Dale was interested.  I also kind of hate TV Andrea.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Nate

• Kevin Durant's baby mama.
  • City Elder
  • Best Album Never Made.
    • Randomville
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2012, 11:15:01 PM »

What if one-armed Pete (Randall's bro) plays a huge part in season 3?
Each day you have a choice - hilarity or insanity.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »

What if one-armed Pete (Randall's bro) plays a huge part in season 3?
Well, Kirkman did pretty much confirm that Merle was coming back in season 3 on the Talking Dead.  I could easily see him being in the group with the Governor, who is confirmed for season 3.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Fourthisto

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2012, 08:45:59 AM »

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2012, 10:21:17 PM »

Just watched the last 6 episodes over the past 2 days. Whoa! I'm guessing that was the prison in the closing shot.
also known as rcc94

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2012, 11:55:30 PM »

All the characters have a tendency to annoy me, either because they act in maddeningly inconsistent ways that you would expect people to do in extreme situations (which is good) and also admittedly also because the writing is sometimes bad (which is bad).

Good example would be Dale.  I get why he was acting the way he did (and I agreed with his position), but really did it need to go on for so long?  I really didn't need to see multiple speeches on it.  By the end of that sequence I wanted to shoot him myself just to shut him up.

But overall, I'd say that I'm still more often "good" frustrated than "bad" frustrated with the show... except for Lori.  I hate her.  I hate the character she's supposed to be even if they wrote her right which they dont, which means  I hate the writing for the character, and I also hate the actress.  I hate everything about her.  Nothing she does makes any sense or is carried off with any conviction. 

So that puts my continued watching of this series in jeopardy.  I really only held on through the last episode (which was really good) on the faint hope that someone would kill her in a really painful manner or that Lauren Cohen might get naked or something.

I hate T-Dog almost as much just because he's so pointless and so obviously the token black guy.  But at least being token, he's not in my face as much and I'm hoping he'll get a larger role at some point. 

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:12 AM »

I agree with just about everything you wrote there, rva.  Except that my continued watching of the series is not in jeopardy.  I thought they paid off the long, boring parts of the season just about as well as you could.  I also like the fact that unlike most shows, you never know who is going to die next.  Aside from Rick (who I imagine is pretty untouchable), seems like just about anybody could die at any time.

Hopefully Lori is next.  Please, God... let it be Lori.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up