Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 24267 times)

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2014, 08:46:05 AM »

watching all 8 eps in one day had me notice one thing: recycling outdoor sets. i'd swear they used the same campsite at least three times. they do a pretty good job of keeping continuity other than that.

Have you never been in the woods?  It pretty much all looks the same.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #121 on: April 22, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »

watching all 8 eps in one day had me notice one thing: recycling outdoor sets. i'd swear they used the same campsite at least three times. they do a pretty good job of keeping continuity other than that.

Have you never been in the woods?  It pretty much all looks the same.

the camp in question was a spot on high ground with barbed wire held up by green metal posts with cans on the wire on the perimeter of the site. i thought the cans were the same in different shots but had already deleted the previous episodes so i couldn't confirm. there's been use of a similar camp in previous seasons as well.

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »

Explosive start to Season 5! I'm glad to see they didn't drag the Terminus stuff out for 1/2 the season.
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »

Don't count on that.  Since they didn't go back and kill everybody, like Rick wanted, I'm sure the Terminus people will be the source of a lot of anguish for our guys throughout the season.

That was a crazy first episode.  They sure came out swinging with the trough of execution.  Pun intended.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2014, 07:21:00 PM »

what's the deal with spoilers in this thread? i don't know how to incorporate that blocking out effect...
anyway, spoilers ahead.....

despite nearly crapping my heart out before the opening credits, i can't think of a more satisfying episode. escapes, reunions, epic walker deaths, a bit of well-justified tyreese rage......
like, the series could END on this note, really. with the major exception being the whereabouts of beth, this is the most stability the group has had in a long time. not sure if we will get this kind of payoff again.
i haven't read these comics so not sure how the show differs from the source material.....a lot, i hear.

-carol bringing her A game to terminus was especially cool. the explosion might be the most memorable scene in that whole episode. too bad she didn't grab michonne's sword as well, but the previews show michonne wielding it again, so that happens somehow.

-eugene is probably full of shit. he didn't sound very convincing when pressed.

-with dale and hershel gone, who is the moral compass? glenn? he seems to quietly be filling that role.

-here is a bit of hard core geekism that is an enjoyable (non)debate on whether andrea was a walker this episode.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10/14/did-andrea-really-return-as-a-walker-in-the-walking-dead-premiere-2344803?lt_source=external,manual
bongo hard or bongo home

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 07:58:20 AM »

Carol is the best character on the show right now.  And it's not even close.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »

They need to put Carol away for a bit now that the whole bad Carol/good Carol dilemma has been resolved.

That was one of those episodes of Walking Dead where ass-kicking Carol was so awesome you didn't have time to pause and think about how none of that made sense at all.  It was great.  I got no complaints at all.

At some point though, someone on that show is going to have to learn how to actually write.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2014, 01:02:05 PM »

what's the deal with spoilers in this thread? i don't know how to incorporate that blocking out effect...
anyway, spoilers ahead.....

It's a thread about the show... it's nothing but spoilers, if you haven't watched don't read.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 01:03:49 PM »

That was one of those episodes of Walking Dead where ass-kicking Carol was so awesome you didn't have time to pause and think about how none of that made sense at all.  It was great. 

Like the totally implausible shooting of the bottle rocket?  Plus, it was a bottle rocket, wouldn't it have shot itself?

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:03 PM »

the bottle rocket was amazingly accurate but it does become one of those things.....where do you decide to start splitting hairs when it comes to fiction. it is true that some situations are handled a little more gracefully than others though. to that point, i think one of the scenes that has bothered me the most was back when we found out that morgan's son was killed by none other than his own mother. that seemed especially gratuitous. like, why? why did we need that extra dose of improbable sadness?
i was ok with the weirdness that she just walked around out there and morgan couldn't bring himself to shoot her, but why does he have to learn some big lesson (like everyone has in the show) that you have to let go of your former reality to survive now?

that's the only reason i can find....that oh, because he spared her and she eventually took his son anyway, that he will live with that regret and do whatever it takes to survive.

anyway, here is some silly bullshit called carl poppa that really is better than the music it is lampooning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aM9Ch97U8
bongo hard or bongo home

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2014, 04:21:35 PM »

Like the totally implausible shooting of the bottle rocket?  Plus, it was a bottle rocket, wouldn't it have shot itself?

Upon rewatch of that scene I see now that I misunderstood the bottle rocket.  I only saw her light it the first time... I assumed that she then somehow fired the bottle rocket by shooting the gun, I dunno what I thought... but I see now that she just basically used the gun as the 'bottle'.  Still though, she has an amazing grasp of the physics involved with the trajectory of a bottle rocket stored away in her head to be able to do that in one try.  Plus, where the heck did she get a bottle rocket?

This week's slime pit scene was particularly far fetched (relatively).  We know that the walkers can eventually starve, at least that's what they've said, but it seems to me that there has to come a point when their state of decompose would have to be too great for them to be a threat.  Those walkers were little more than skeletons with some tissue attached, how exactly were they over powering healthy living humans?

Speaking of implausibility, I found it completely implausible that NO ONE in our guys' camp foresaw that the Terminus assholes would come after them.  Come on now.

Rick: We should kill'em all, they don't deserve to live.
Glenn: We don't need to.
Rick: Okay.

WHAT??

What kind of wine pairs with leg of Bob?  Château du D'oh?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:30:57 PM by Kwyjibo »

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »

She got the bottle rocket from the dude they captured.

I'm not sure she could have punctured that tank from that distance.  If she could, I doubt she would be able to accurately fire a bottle rocket and hit the target.  If she hit the target, I don't think the dying embers of a bottle rocket would be enough to ignite the tank... at EXACTLY the nick of time where everyone before the first main character was about to bite it, but exactly after everyone who was a main character did.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2014, 03:48:33 PM »

On the nose.

Terminus guy's indignation seems bizarre.  I mean really?  You've been luring hapless strangers to your cannibal camp and eating them (a gym full of candles worth) and you're pissed that somebody kicked your ass?  I mean yeah, they're nuts, but really?  I guess it wouldn't be TV-like for them to say "we had a good run". 

So are the Termin-ites going to go zombie from eating Bob... he got bit, right?   Talk about obvious writing.  I barely knew he was a character and then he's in my face every couple of minutes for an entire episode?  Dude might as well have been wearing a red Star Trek uniform.  Not to mention the fact that, hey, hey there's a new black guy!  That means a black guy's gotta die. You'd think they'd break that trend just so we would stop making fun of it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:52:37 PM by Kwyjibo »

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »

I knew someone had to go in the last episode. In our family poll before the show my wife guessed Beth, I guessed Abraham, my kids also had incorrect guesses. She of course was correct.
As it has been over the last few 1/2 seasons this one started out strong, then meandered until the final episode and brought everyone back together. Now we wait for February.......
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »

My money was on Sasha and I really wish it had been her. I really liked Beth. They had done a great job building her character. I really hated to see her go.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up