Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 23232 times)

dirk

• City Elder
Re: Walking Dead
« Reply #150 on: November 25, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »

I agree with Dirk, almost completely, but I think it's stupid on another level.  Comic Book based spoilers below... you've been warned.

Glen is going to die soon anyway, for realsies.  It's a major plot point in the comics.  So what was the point of this little stunt?  Did they kill him just to bring him back in dramatic fashion, and then kill him again just when people are thinking he's safe? How friggin' contrived.

Another, unrelated, rant based on the comics.
While this is true, than can easily sub someone else in for this. Some people swear it will be Daryl, some think it could be Carol (who is long dead in the comics). The show has deviated in enough ways from the comics that this can very easily be changed.
So, I picked up one of the compiled books of the comics recently at a store and was thumbing through.  On the last page was a walker, pointing a gun at someone, and speaking to them.  Say what?  If that is seriously where all of this is going I might have to be done soon.  That is beyond stupid.  Maybe it was a dream or something, or a regular person disguised as a zombie.  Please tell me it was.  If it wasn't, wtf?
You need to read the next one. This is most definitely not where they are going in either the comics or (I assume) the show.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »

Solid ending to the 1/2 season. Hopefully Morgan will finally realize that sometimes you've got to kill some folks or you are gong to get others killed. I'm hoping Sam gets it soon, he's pretty much of a pansy...........
i]There are twelve people in the world. The rest are paste[/i]

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »

I hope the doctor chick doesn't end up dead, that would suck.  Morgan's no kill thing is stupid, I hope he lives to figure it out, and does in fact figure it out. 

I'm drawing a blank on the name Sam... who is that?  There are too many characters these days.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2015, 10:50:49 AM »

I haven't last night's episode yet, but will probably watch it tonight.

But I think everyone felt like Glenn just scooted under the dumpster.

I wasn't that disturbed by it.  My expectations for Walking Dead having any sort of compelling storytelling have disappeared.  It's just an action-thriller kind of thing, and so people have to almost die and get out of it for it to be thrilling.  The only thing was, it was too obvious how Glenn was going to get out of it.  They still could have gotten a lot of mileage out of making people guess HOW Glenn gets out.  Instead the "mystery" was whether Glenn was dead and it fooled no one.

And as far as action goes, this season has delivered on the tension and excitement so I felt like it was solid.  It's just a show where I expect every episode to get like a B, and as long as they do, it's pretty easy to watch. 

But you know it's bad when I don't even realize the significance of people dying until I read episode recaps.  Like I had no idea that that one zombie that cutieblond killed had actually committed suicide, and that she was actually the wife of the other dude who was trying to write a note to her.  Missed just about that whole thing.  Also, it's bad that I refer to Alexandrians as "cutieblond" and "mightbeherson?"

I'm more perturbed by the fact that Tara is obviously pregnant and we pretend she isn't, while Maggie is obviously not pregnant and we pretend she is.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2015, 10:52:32 AM »

You need to read the next one. This is most definitely not where they are going in either the comics or (I assume) the show.

I have no intention of actually reading any of them, I just happened to see what I saw on a lark.  Glad to know it wasn't what I thought.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2015, 06:28:28 PM »

I wish they wouldn't pretend like they are in Alexandria.  That don't make no kinda sense.

First off, Alexandria is only like, 5-10 miles from DC.  You could walk there and back in a day if you really wanted to. 

Second, Alexandria is right off the Potomac.  And the Walkers don't like, go in the water or know how to fish.  So it seems like there would be a nice supply of fresh food.  Plus, if you really want to go to DC, just get on a boat and go up the river. 

Third, there are no woods in that area.  Not even like off-the-highway 1 mile woods.  It's all developed.

So the idea of there being these semi-isolated communities not in contact with each other and/or with crazy killing societal structures doesn't work.  Everyone would know where the other people are.  And they wouldn't war with each other or go batshit insane.  Not because I believe people are good.  Just because it's easier.  There's plenty of people around, and more than enough resources for everyone if you gather together instead of wandering around in tiny groups fighting for survival. 

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2015, 08:43:37 AM »

I'm drawing a blank on the name Sam... who is that?  There are too many characters these days.
Sam is the kid that has been staying upstairs in his room talking about the "monsters". He's the one that was saying "mom, mom, mom, mom" as they waded through the walkers at the end of the episode.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #157 on: December 01, 2015, 09:05:45 AM »

Oh, that's why I didn't connect the name, context.  Yeah, that little kid... he's a pussy all right.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2016, 12:15:49 AM »

Alicia Witt! 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2016, 06:02:53 PM »

Alicia Witt :(

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2016, 09:36:22 AM »

I know her name, but I don't know why.  What else has she done?

mik

• City Elder
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2016, 08:37:59 AM »

A Town Called Malice used for the opening scenes?!!? I love it!!

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2016, 11:47:43 AM »

I watched the first half hour or so of the first episode this season and it was so stupid I turned it off in disgust.

Someone who also hated that episode and almost gave up told me that actually it gets a lot better after that.  Is this true?

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2016, 10:26:49 AM »

I watched the first half hour or so of the first episode this season and it was so stupid I turned it off in disgust.

Someone who also hated that episode and almost gave up told me that actually it gets a lot better after that.  Is this true?

We hated it.  YMMV

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »

But if I make it through, are the subsequent episodes worth watching or am I cool to just give up?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up