Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned Movies in 2011  (Read 5227 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Re: Abandoned Movies in 2011
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »

4. SLEEPING DOGS LIE - 04/27/11 - Netflix steaming - This is THAT movie that was written by Bobcat Goldthwait. The one about the girl and the dog and...welll....yeah. Anyway, I was always curious about this movie but I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes. Every character annoyed me in the film. Nothing felt authentic. Don't watch it.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 04:56:04 PM »

1 Dinner for Schmucks
2 The Fighter
3 Green Street Hooligans 2
Hahahaha... as if a sequel to one of the worst sports fan movies ever wasn't bad enough, the Russian from the Direct TV ads ("Opulence, I has it") showed up 15 minutes in leaving any shred of credibility to float in the ether. A massive own goal.
Opulence. I has it.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 08:34:30 AM »

5. LOST IN AUSTEN - Netflix DVD - I thought I would enjoy this because I like the main actress (Jemima Rooper) and Gemma Arteron is also in it. But, it got on my nerves VERY quickly (REALLY!?!?! She's wearing trousers and a black leather jacket and no one thinks she's a bit odd in the 1700s!?!?!?) and I had to shut it off and mail it back. BAD. I think it was originally a tv mini-series on the BBC.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15:36 AM »

1. Get Shorty
2. Amadeus
3. BBC Auschwitz: The Nazis and the 'Final Solution'

Ridiculous, CGI-filled melodrama. Watched ten minutes of it and hit the "delete" button. Cannot believe that the BBC has been reduced to putting out tripe like this.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Butter

• Probably in the car
  • City Elder
  • Spreadsheets R Us
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 01:25:35 PM »

4. SLEEPING DOGS LIE - 04/27/11 - Netflix steaming - This is THAT movie that was written by Bobcat Goldthwait. The one about the girl and the dog and...welll....yeah. Anyway, I was always curious about this movie but I couldn't get past the first 20 minutes. Every character annoyed me in the film. Nothing felt authentic. Don't watch it.

Hey, there's still WORLD'S GREATEST DAD if you need a Bobcat Goldthwait fix.  Mildly recommended.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 04:17:43 PM »

Hey, there's still WORLD'S GREATEST DAD if you need a Bobcat Goldthwait fix.  Mildly recommended.
Duly noted.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 05:05:41 PM »

Bobcat told one of THE funniest jokes I have EVER heard at last years Brew Ha-Ha. I was there with Lu and Lunarbee and I don't think any of us stopped laughing - and laughing HARD - for at least a quarter of an hour afterwards. Unfortunately it is a joke that has to be told and loses all its power if it was written out.
Opulence. I has it.

scurvygirl

• Fiery One
  • City Elder
    • Scurvytown
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:16 PM »

Bobcat told one of THE funniest jokes I have EVER heard at last years Brew Ha-Ha. I was there with Lu and Lunarbee and I don't think any of us stopped laughing - and laughing HARD - for at least a quarter of an hour afterwards. Unfortunately it is a joke that has to be told and loses all its power if it was written out.

I agree, it was epically funny, and is definitely more of a joke to hear than one to read. I chuckle now just thinking about it.

Found a version of it on youtube, but it wasn't executed as well as the way he told it at Brew Ha-ha.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:23:32 PM by scurvygirl »
Remember to always be yourself.  Unless you suck.~ My BIG DAMN hero, Joss Whedon

Bonne et heureuse semaine!

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »

1. Brother from another planet. I was really bored last night, but I wasn't that bored.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »

1. Brother from another planet. I was really bored last night, but I wasn't that bored.
Hahahhaahaha.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 12:55:58 PM »

It was the 10pm amgtv movie and the small fry decided to be wide awake just then, but they never show goods movies. They are always movies that make you say "Who is that guy/girl? Weren't they in something we've seen somewhere?". I ended up watching masterpiece mystery instead.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Butter

• Probably in the car
  • City Elder
  • Spreadsheets R Us
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 04:19:22 PM »

1. HALLOWEEN II (2009)
2. WITHNAIL AND I

3. VALENTINE'S DAY

Spent about 45 minutes with this one.  It was trying so hard to be entertaining.  So very hard.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 06:15:22 PM »

1 Dinner for Schmucks
2 The Fighter
3 Green Street Hooligans 2
4 The Green Hornet
I adore Michel Gondry, but this was shit. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Cameron Diaz walked in. 20 minutes of inane rubbish that made The Box seem like fucking Shakespeare.
Opulence. I has it.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »

1. Get Shorty
2. Amadeus
3. BBC Auschwitz: The Nazis and the 'Final Solution'
4. The Green Hornet

Utter shite.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Kenneth Toilethole

• City Elder
  • Definitely not Liz
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43:20 AM »

Started watching Going the Distance in my hotel room last night. I decided sleep would be better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up