Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fall TV Shows 2011  (Read 13314 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
Re: New Fall TV Shows 2011
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »

I posted one of his articles about Terra Nova, so here's a link to his next one:

Gregg Easterbrook really doesn't seem to like Terra Nova.

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »

Outsourced >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whitney

Wow, was that horrid.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »

American Horror Story didn't disappoint me last night. Yay!

I could've done with less Dylan Mcdermott naked ass and masturbating, but Jessica Lange made up for it in spades and it was actually disturbing.

Thumbs up for episode 1 at least.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 01:25:39 PM »

Gah! I totally missed it. I forgot it was last night. Stupid brain.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »

I could've done with less Dylan Mcdermott naked ass and masturbating, but Jessica Lange made up for it in spades and it was actually disturbing.

Thumbs up for episode 1 at least.
x2.
It was as effed up as it promised to be. I had to start thinking about my friend's newborn daughter in order to clear my head of the messed up stuff that happened during just the first episode. Sheesh.
Connie Britton was also fantastic. I never watched FNL so I don't know much about her as an actress. But, she was giving us the goods with her performance.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 01:21:07 PM »

The new Tim Allen sitcom was awful.  Not that I expected it not to be, but it was worse than I even imagined.

American Horror Story went a little far in its opening episode... they crammed a lot into that first hour and it could go downhill into complete silliness pretty quickly.  But I agree with c-lando, they've got Connie Britton there to kinda hold it together.  She was great in it.  Everybody else was a bit far into camp.  I'll stick with it for this season and see what happens, most likely.  I like the atmosphere they have built, and it is definitely creepy though.  So I'll give it credit for that.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2011, 02:46:04 PM »

I thought American Horror Story did a great job with the fright, but overall, I have no idea what happened.  Nothing seemed to make much sense.  The twins were obviously killed by something, but from then on the house just made people go crazy?  And the kid who is "dating" the daughter isn't involved in any way, yet seems to have a firm grasp on what is going on.  Overall, i think they concentrated on the scare factor and left out the sense factor.  Hopefully things will start to fall in place fast, because it has a lot of potential, but being scary with making any sense will only take them so far.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »

I don't think it was supposed to make much sense.  There are a lot of questions to be answered, and I'm sure for the showrunners they hope for 7-8 seasons to answer them.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:43 AM »

How to be a Gentleman got canceled, this did not surprise me--it was painful to watch.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »

Did anyone watch "Once upon a time" last night? I was driving home from Cinci so I caught the last few minutes. Is it worth my time to go to the On Demand menu and watch the whole thing?

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »

Did anyone watch "Once upon a time" last night? I was driving home from Cinci so I caught the last few minutes. Is it worth my time to go to the On Demand menu and watch the whole thing?
I recorded it but I haven't watched it yet. I'll report back.

I think I have deleted almost all of the new shows from my Season Pass schedule. I liked a few things for one episode but nothing made it past the pilot EXCEPT for Revenge. Loooooooooooooooooving it. I had expected to hate it but find myself drawn in. Almost all of the episodes seem to be On Demand still, except for the pilot.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:52 AM »

The tv critic on ew.com this Once upon a time is too Grimm for its own good, take that how you will (probably means it's good).

I found myself mildly sucked into hart of dixie last week--I was sober so I have no real explanation for it beyond possible boredom.
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »

I haven't gotten sucked in to any new shows this season, and have forgotten most of the old shows I did watch (Raising Hope, for example, which I loved last year). I do need to watch Ringer with Jason Dohring showing up in it. It's a shame, because I was really looking forward to the new season of everything, and I'm watching not much instead.

And I'm pretty sure I'd love Grimm and Once Upon a Time. Maybe I'll catch them... if I can remember when they are on.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »

And I'm pretty sure I'd love Grimm and Once Upon a Time. Maybe I'll catch them... if I can remember when they are on.
Grimm starts on Friday (I think) so you haven't missed it. Once upon a time is Simpson's adjacent.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2011, 07:01:50 PM »

Excellent! These are things I can remember.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up