Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fall TV Shows 2011  (Read 11545 times)

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
Re: New Fall TV Shows 2011
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »

I liked Once Upon a Time, but I kept getting Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison confused (I wasn't sure if Jennifer started as a brunette and then became a blonde. I finally figured it out.)
also known as rcc94

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2011, 08:08:09 AM »

I thought American Horror Story did a great job with the fright, but overall, I have no idea what happened.  Nothing seemed to make much sense.  The twins were obviously killed by something, but from then on the house just made people go crazy?  And the kid who is "dating" the daughter isn't involved in any way, yet seems to have a firm grasp on what is going on.  Overall, i think they concentrated on the scare factor and left out the sense factor.  Hopefully things will start to fall in place fast, because it has a lot of potential, but being scary with making any sense will only take them so far.

I thought this show would slow down and settle in, but if anything, they just keep throwing stuff at the wall every week.  Fascinating, well-constructed stuff... but still, a lot of STUFF.  I don't know if they will ever be able to make sense of it all, but as long as I am enjoying it I guess it doesn't really matter. 

Yet.

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2011, 08:49:25 AM »

I liked Once Upon a Time, but I kept getting Ginnifer Goodwin and Jennifer Morrison confused (I wasn't sure if Jennifer started as a brunette and then became a blonde. I finally figured it out.)

I managed to catch up on it (with a brief Treehouse of Horror break) and I think I'm hooked. I was a little unsure after watching the first episode but after the second episode it started to make more sense to me.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2011, 11:32:37 AM »

Once Upon a Time has really taken off I think.  I had no idea what to expect, as I just checked it out because I knew Jane Espenson was involved.  But the first 2 episodes have been incredibly good; a perfect melding of the childhood fairy tales and adult themes.  Although whoever decided that Ginnifer Goodwin should have that haircut needs to be shot.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »

This sort of half belongs here:

NBC pulling Community and Prime Suspect from schedule on "temporary" basis.

In positive news, this means 30 Rock will return in January, but I think we already knew that was coming back.

In negative news, they pull Community but only give an alternate time slot to Whitney.  Ew.

Up All Night
now added to Thursday night as of January.  I like that show, might be the only new show I've stuck with (aside from American Horror Story, and Andrea is watching Once Upon a Time).

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 12:37:27 PM »

CR and I really like Person of Interest, which means it will probably be cancelled.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2011, 12:46:18 PM »

I signed the petition to keep Community; one of the smartest comedies on primetime so booooo NBC execs! I tried Whitney once (because Mark added it to the line up to try) and I thought it was stupid. The other show of hers isn't much better either (two broke girls or something like that).
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2011, 01:06:35 PM »

Public outcry worked for The Office, maybe it will for Community as well.  I wish we could get to a point where these kinds of shows could get made and shown without the networks but I'm sure that's a long time off.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »

I've been watching Community on the computer this year, and I really like it.

I also picked up Grimm this year-- don't like Once Upon a Time, though. Probably because I can't really tell the difference between Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Godwin.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2011, 04:59:45 PM »

I looooooooooooooooooooooove Community. But, I know it hasn't grabbed the viewership that they have wanted. I hope they do bring it back. It's super-fantastic.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

rva

« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2011, 05:35:59 PM »

What the hell is up with Britta's rack this year?  It started with Annie last year, but now both her and Annie always have some awesome boob action going every show.  Not that I mind, necessarily..  but did Gillian Jacobs demand equal rack time or something?

kcneon

• City Elder
    • Resurrection Neon
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »

Once Upon a Time has really taken off I think.  I had no idea what to expect, as I just checked it out because I knew Robert Carlyle was involved.  But the first 2 episodes have been incredibly good; a perfect melding of the childhood fairy tales and adult themes.  Although whoever decided that Ginnifer Goodwin should have that haircut needs to be shot.

fix'd

It's not as high on my list as say a "Heroes" or "Detroit 1-8-7", but one of those that I really want to know what happens next.  :)

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:22 PM »

I miss Detroit 187. :(
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

rva

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2011, 02:26:34 AM »

Ugh.  They need to keep Community on the air if only to keep Donald Glover busy.  Because this Childish Gambino album is TERRIBLE.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2011, 07:53:50 AM »

Didn't mean to imply that Community was cancelled, because I think Sony has made it clear they want the show to survive to syndication episodic numbers (usually 4 seasons).  I am pretty confident that it will be back sometime in the spring. 

I was hopeful they would try it after The Office, if only to try and find a show that can fill its space, because Office needs to be put down... badly.  But as of now they seem content to keep that flailing show on the air as long as it pulls ratings.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up