Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phantogram - Nighlife EP  (Read 1943 times)

twentyshots

• City Elder
Re: Phantogram - Nighlife EP
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:14 PM »

holy shit!
they must have made good money to play a party where no one knows who they are and talk through the whole thing........

good for them (Phantogram). I have no problem seeing an up-and-coming band scoring some major $$$ to play at a corporate gig, I'm sure Phantogram can use the money, and maybe along the way picked up a few new fans along the way
yeah, that sounded more negative than intended. i AM glad for the band, it just must be weird to play a gig like that. how do you even GET a gig like that if you're them??? what's the connection?

maybe mizary knows.
bongo hard or bongo home

mizary

• Tourist
    • Blank Slate Brewing Company
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 09:36:31 AM »

Someone who works here helped the band out on the twitter/facebook front when they were getting started... 

So I imagine it was part favor...  and part corporate gig $$$.

The band seemed into the show...  And people might have been talking...  but 99% of the people had never heard of the band.  And I'd say over 50% of the crowd was clustered around the stage.  I had been afraid the crowd would shrink away from the stage so they could get away from the "noise" But most of the people were digging the music.  I've seen chattier crowds at shows were everyone paid $$$ to see the band.

I just overheard at work people talking about the band...  It's funny, the #1 complaint is "you couldn't dance to it"

that sounds like such an old person comment.  And how did they explain the people dancing to it?

I guess it's a nice way to say they didn't like it.

It's not like the people who complained of the lack of dancibility went out after the show to some club to get their dance on. They most likely went home and watched jay leno.

--mizary

jcarwash31

• Citizen
    • The Big Stuff Project
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »

Someone who works here helped the band out on the twitter/facebook front when they were getting started... 

So I imagine it was part favor...  and part corporate gig $$$.

The band seemed into the show...  And people might have been talking...  but 99% of the people had never heard of the band.  And I'd say over 50% of the crowd was clustered around the stage.  I had been afraid the crowd would shrink away from the stage so they could get away from the "noise" But most of the people were digging the music.  I've seen chattier crowds at shows were everyone paid $$$ to see the band.

I just overheard at work people talking about the band...  It's funny, the #1 complaint is "you couldn't dance to it"

that sounds like such an old person comment.  And how did they explain the people dancing to it?

I guess it's a nice way to say they didn't like it.

It's not like the people who complained of the lack of dancibility went out after the show to some club to get their dance on. They most likely went home and watched jay leno.

--mizary

Ok, holy shit, first of all.

Secondly, if there's anything that would get me to dance it likely would be Phantogram.

Thirdly, I thought you could resize this text box.  This is driving me nuts.

Finally, holy shit.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up