Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hooverphonic's A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular Deluxe Box Set  (Read 3357 times)

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder

Order here: http://t.fans.sonymusicemail.com/r/?id=h119e7908,a13b3f6,a13e92b
or wait...maybe here: http://www.myplaydirect.com/hooverphonic?cid=nl%3A169063414&utm_medium=email&utm_source=belgium-hooverphonic&utm_campaign=email-belgium-hooverphonic-20111109-nl169063414&utm_content=nllink-a13e92b

15 years after its release, Hooverphonic presents a lavish deluxe re-issue box set version of their debut album “A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular”.
Originally released in 1996, this debut album got immediate attention and praise when the band’s debut single “2Wicky” got included in the soundtrack for Bernardo Bertolucci’s movie “Stealing Beauty” ft. Liv Tyler and Jeremy Irons.

The box set contains:
The original album
A bonus disc containing all 10 official remixes from the singles of the album
A bonus disc with 8 never before released rarities (demos, unreleased versions and radio sessions)
The vinyl LP, unavailable for many years
A 20 page book illustrating the early years, including a personal introduction by Alex Callier and an essay based on new interviews with Alex, Frank and Raymond
Reprints on 12” x 12” format of the album cover and three 12” vinyl single sleeves

I still love this album, and still listen to it fairly regularly. One of my all-time favorites!

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Hooverphonic's A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular Deluxe Box Set
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 11:23:07 PM »

Just want to mention that Hooverphonic is one of Belgium's best and most beloved bands  ;) :)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »

Yeah, I know. Too bad they didn't put out anything of interest after their first two albums. And when they lost their lead singer from the ANSSS they were never quite the same. I think they are onto their third vocalist now.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:19:05 AM »

Too bad they didn't put out anything of interest after their first two albums.
x2
Opulence. I has it.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:13:38 PM »

I really dig their new cover art and layout design.

"Hooverphonic won the award for 'Best Group' last Saturday at the yearly MIA's (Music Industry Awards). Other nominees were dEUS, School Is Cool and Das Pop, but Hooverphonic took home their first MIA."

Jmach1P

• Summer Resident
    • youtube
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:12:02 PM »

...Originally released in 1996, this debut album got immediate attention and praise when the band’s debut single “2Wicky” got included in the soundtrack for Bernardo Bertolucci’s movie “Stealing Beauty” ft. Liv Tyler and Jeremy Irons. ....

I got turned on to Hoover later renamed Hooverphonic from listening to a weekly Ambient/techno music show
hosted by a young co-ed on the low power college station wrse 88.7 elmhurst iLL. in the school year 1996-'97.

Before the bad effects of the telecomm act of 1996 took its toll on terrestrial radio, there was lots of new and indi
music to be heard.
Living about 10 - 15 miles west of the station I would not always get a clear signal, but would always listen, and sometimes record (onto VHS tapes) the 7-10pm tuesday nite show.

I went to see Stealing Beauty on the big screen, and still have the Soundtrack CD. Lots of other great music in that film.
Life's distractions maybe are the reason I forgot to get their debut CD.
I do remember really liking 2Wicky though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up