Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Walk the Moon tour dates  (Read 5813 times)

benji55545

• Summer Resident
Re: Walk the Moon tour dates
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »

That aside, the initial buzz around WTM seems to have subsided, I think. It just took too long to get this album out. It'll be interesting to see where the new album lands on the Billboard 200 when it comes out next Wednesday.

The album was 10 on the itunes chart on Tuesday and is currently at 20. I have no idea how that will translate to the Billboard 200 but it's still really impressive.

Fourthisto

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »

That aside, the initial buzz around WTM seems to have subsided, I think.

Maybe at the old folk's home but you would be surprised how much meteoric buzz there is about them in the music-loving major cities. (NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, etc.) I would not hesitate to call them (Nationally speaking) the most popular band from Cincinnati at the moment.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 11:27:58 AM »

I've been listening to the album on Rdio, it's fantastic.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »

That aside, the initial buzz around WTM seems to have subsided, I think.

Maybe at the old folk's home but you would be surprised how much meteoric buzz there is about them in the music-loving major cities. (NYC, LA, Austin, Chicago, etc.) I would not hesitate to call them (Nationally speaking) the most popular band from Cincinnati at the moment.

They have also been up on Luisterpaal for a couple of weeks now.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »

last walk the moon 20th century show i went too was like a half attended high school prom. don't get me wrong, the bands were great, the bar was easy to get to but i felt like a concert chaperone.
when was that Taylor? just curious
i was close: 4-28-11 Walk The Moon / The Seedy Seeds / The Pass - 20th Century

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »

i was close: 4-28-11 Walk The Moon / The Seedy Seeds / The Pass - 20th Century
Don't know how I missed that. Maybe I was out of town.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 11:51:28 AM »

It'll be interesting to see where the new album lands on the Billboard 200 when it comes out next Wednesday.
It entered at no. 36 in the newest Billboard 200 chart.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 03:56:48 PM »

The 20th Century show is sold out online, but a few tickets are still at the venue. I just got mine.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2012, 11:18:31 PM »

I got mine, looking forward to this. These guys are truly road warriors and I'm sure they'll look forward to playing to a friendly, ready to dance home crowd.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 11:39:22 PM »

this show is now sold out, for anyone still thinking about it... too late now!

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 07:49:30 AM »

Boo!  I was listening to the album in the car on the way to work this morning and decided to come here first thing and find out when/where they were playing... day late and a dollar short apparently.

If anybody has a ticket or two that they're gonna end up not needing let me know.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:32 PM »

*BUMP*

Thursday night!

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:54 AM »

Looking forward to this. Hopefully they'll have some shirts in X-L. They haven't up til now.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »

That was one fun show last night. The place was jumping from the get-go. I got there pretty late, actually only 5 min. or so before WTM came on.

And oh, did I mention it was hot as hell inside...

PS I was really surprised to see that their RCA debut album already has dropped off the Billboard 200 chart only 4 weeks after its release. Wow.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:02:48 AM by euro60 »

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »

I got there right on time and people were hopping for Bonneville as well. They really pumped up the crowd . . . and did you hear? It. Was. Hot. After just the opener an ambulance had to show up for a girl who passed out. Keep hydrated people. No surprise that Walk The Moon put on a great high energy show. I headed down to MOTR for Empires afterwards.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up