Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: Survivor  (Read 28881 times)

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
Survivor
« on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:28 AM »

ok, need my fix of survivor discussion.

roll call! euro, where are you?

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Survivor
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »

Nothing to add this week since there was no new episode, but I'll be ready to discuss after Wednesday's episode.

Rollcall: where is cyclone? REMgirl? others?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »

I am here.

Thanks for starting the thread.  Starting the new season's thread every year on WOXY and linking all of the past seasons' threads was always something I loved doing.

Although not quite as locked in as Rob was last season, it is clearly Coach's game to lose at this point, which is something I never thought I'd ever type dating back to Tocantins (his original season).  But that's what you get with the stupid twist of bringing back former players as leaders of the tribes.  The only person I could see beating Coach would be Sophie, and she just hasn't got enough airtime in her edit.  Albert is another one who could win on paper, but he will surely be one of the first to go from that tribe now.  There's also the chance of Ozzy returning, which could happen, but I don't see how he would advance himself after re-entering.

Sidenote, I humorously found an autographed copy of this at Half Price Books the other night ...

last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 10:45:15 PM »

not to derail from Survivor, but did anyone see The Amazing Race tonight? They were in Belgium (my original home country as all WOXY alums know, but perhaps not Randomvillers), what a great episode that was. They showcased a couple of spots in Flanders (where I'm from), to great effect I thought.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 01:45:14 AM »

not to derail from Survivor, but did anyone see The Amazing Race tonight?

Yeah, and this season of TAR has grown on me the past few weeks after an initial slow start (especially when Ethan and Jenna were the first team eliminated).  I think it's still a relatively weak cast but I have found myself rooting for Jeremy and Sandy all of a sudden, for whatever reason.  Despite Ernie and his girl (who's name escapes me).
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 08:02:59 AM »

I thought this was going to be a thread about Eye of the Tiger.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

REMgirl

• Summer Resident
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »

Here I yam. ;)

I watched the recap episode last week, and I think it was a good way to see more behind the scenes. I never understood why Cochran felt that he was treated that badly by the others in his tribe, and this pretty much clarified that. They never included him; hell, they treated him like an outcast. I wouldn't say I especially like him and I'm not picking him to win, but he toughed it out.

It's going to be interesting as some of the second-tier tribe members start to push their limits within the tribe. It may get interesting around there.

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

Surprisingly entertaining episode tonight despite the uninteresting people that are left.  Of course, though, the fact that no one came up with a plan to blindside Coach while having a swing vote (Cochran) kind of summed up how bad the strategy has been this season, newcomers making Coach of all people look like a strategic mastermind.

I'm glad that Cochran got voted out since I ranted on how bad his move was when it happened, and it was blatantly obvious that he would simply be 7th out on the majority tribe.  At this point though, I'm surprised that Coach wouldn't have made an effort to carry him to the end, where he would get 0 jury votes from either tribe.  I suppose he's planning on taking Edna and Brandon as well, and they're not likely to get many more.  Albert or Sophie could easily slip into the finals with a couple immunity wins at this point, however.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 11:08:39 PM »

Surprisingly entertaining episode tonight despite the uninteresting people that are left.  Of course, though, the fact that no one came up with a plan to blindside Coach while having a swing vote (Cochran) kind of summed up how bad the strategy has been this season, newcomers making Coach of all people look like a strategic mastermind.

I'm glad that Cochran got voted out since I ranted on how bad his move was when it happened, and it was blatantly obvious that he would simply be 7th out on the majority tribe.  At this point though, I'm surprised that Coach wouldn't have made an effort to carry him to the end, where he would get 0 jury votes from either tribe.  I suppose he's planning on taking Edna and Brandon as well, and they're not likely to get many more.  Albert or Sophie could easily slip into the finals with a couple immunity wins at this point, however.

agreed on all accounts. Despite the editing trying to make it look like Rick might perhaps be voted out, it was pretty clear to me that this wasn't gonna happen. Glad to see Cochran gone to be honest. He was annoying to no end and badly over-estimated himself as a "strategy" player.

Just total speculation on my part here (I have not seen/read any internet spoilers--and please don't list them): it looks like Coach is in the driver's seat, as was Boston Rob last season, who won. Maybe that is the reason that the next new season has no 'returning' characters?

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 08:02:23 AM »

cockroach? good riddance. dude has issues. telling stories about crapping himself, and then his suave way to ask out girls - hey, i think you're hot, can we trade sperm?. seriously, how can someone have such little social skills, and then tell the stories about it? dumb move. and dude has no game. embarrassing.

now that's off of my chest, does he actually beat ozzie in the challenge?

yes, the remaining cast has no strategic game. they're too afraid to make a move. coach looks like a mastermind, which he isn't.

so, who would you take to the end?

i would've kept cockroach and edna. i doubt any of the jury will vote for them.

REMgirl

• Summer Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:04 AM »

I thought last night was rather dull. Balancing plates again? Yawn.

Rick is too boring to be voted out right now. Even Edna, who I would gladly push into the ocean, isn't going. The shower thing was just weird, too. So, will the producers come up with a dorky challenge that might help Cochran win for once? What kind of challenge would that be? See who can hold a cocnut on ropes? uh-uh, Cochran can't do that. Walk without falling down? Nope, he can't do that, either. He even sucks at quizzes and puzzles. If he beats Ozzie in a challenge, it would have to have been rigged.

I'm at the point now that I don't care that much. Coach or Ozzie will win, and both have played before. Let Coach have it.

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »

notoriouspbake- For me it would have also been Cochran and Edna, but I guess now I'd go with Brandon and Edna.  No one will vote for a Hantz.  Cochran was just an even bigger goat since the whole Savaii jury is guaranteed to give him 0 votes.  I guess Rick is a pretty big goat himself if he has been as useless and we've (barely) seen.  Albert or Sophie are the only ones who I think could beat Coach.

Ozzy being able to run the table plus come in and win the next few immunity or two just seems like too big of a stretch for me.  Which is just one of the reasons the RI twist is such a bust.  They are always going to get re-voted out after reentering.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:59:03 PM by cyclone »
last.fm/user/cyclone23

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 01:38:14 AM »

Hard to believe next week's Wednesday + Sunday finale will do it for this season already.

I'm really surprised that Coach is making the mistake of keeping the players who could potentially beat him in Albert or Sophie.  A couple immunity wins and they're in the finals.  I don't think either of them have a particularly strong chance, but a much better one than a weak player like Edna or Brandon.  Of course he is probably still planning on using Brandon as a goat.

I also couldn't help but cringe at Coach's decision to tell Ozzy that he would take him to the finals if he re-entered the game.  The dynamic of a voted out person reaching the end would be fascinating and I would love to see how it would play out to a jury, but there is no way Coach would gamble on taking his legacy from goofy character to mastermind and an easy $1 million by taking someone who could easily, and probably would beat him instead of some goats.  Something like that is so stupid that it almost makes me want to see Coach lose by one jury vote, Ozzy voting for someone else, for Coach scrambling to make such a stupid, fake promise like that and obviously not go through with it (which Ozzy can use as evidence to vote against him).
last.fm/user/cyclone23

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 12:31:15 AM »

but the next episode preview-teaser makes it look like Ozzy's gonna lose!!!

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »

but the next episode preview-teaser makes it look like Ozzy's gonna lose!!!

They made it look so obvious that there's no way that actually happens.  It literally showed Edna with a completed puzzle thing before Ozzy even started putting his together, so if that were to actually happen, they would have have just literally showed the whole thing on the preview.  The previews are always made to be deceiving.  What I'm guessing happens is that Edna desperately throws hers together to try to beat Ozzy quickly, gets the pattern wrong and has to start over, and Ozzy casually puts together the right one.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up