Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random music thoughts  (Read 332314 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Random music thoughts
« Reply #3705 on: May 06, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/9372433/florian-schneider-dead-kraftwerk-co-founder-dies

Truly a giant among the electronic legends. Kraftwerk has been for over 45 years, and remains to this say, one of my all-time fave bands.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3706 on: May 07, 2020, 09:24:42 AM »

You can stream Inhailer via the website to check it out, and if you like what you hear you can download the app, which is available for Android and iOS. It's free.

The station streams 24/7 with DJs during the day and automation overnight. Tayfo is on from 7-11 a.m. Tues-Fri and I am on from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sat-Sun.
In a major upgrade, Inhailer is now part of Cincinnati Public Radio and streams on WGUC HD3. Apparently this happened just a few days ago. I found out about it yesterday, and when I got home, I turned on my HD radio in the kitchen (which is typically set to WGUC HD2--the jazz channel), and yup, there it was. Absolutely thrilled about this!

MK, when is your show again?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #3707 on: May 07, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »

Cool, wonder if we can pull that in up here towards Dayton?  Probably not.  Probably WGUC's FM station, but not the HD signals.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #3708 on: May 10, 2020, 10:38:28 AM »

You can stream Inhailer via the website to check it out, and if you like what you hear you can download the app, which is available for Android and iOS. It's free.

The station streams 24/7 with DJs during the day and automation overnight. Tayfo is on from 7-11 a.m. Tues-Fri and I am on from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sat-Sun.
In a major upgrade, Inhailer is now part of Cincinnati Public Radio and streams on WGUC HD3. Apparently this happened just a few days ago. I found out about it yesterday, and when I got home, I turned on my HD radio in the kitchen (which is typically set to WGUC HD2--the jazz channel), and yup, there it was. Absolutely thrilled about this!

MK, when is your show again?

The whole Inhailer crew are very chuffed about this. It's a great partnership!

I am on Saturday & Sunday 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
Tayfo is on Tuesday through Thursday 7-11 a.m.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:42:08 AM by MissKitty »
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3709 on: May 11, 2020, 11:29:35 AM »

I caught part of your shift on both days this weekend while fixing lunch. Also listening in the early evenings here and there when I get home from work.

This is like a breath of fresh air!

I gotta believe that getting in with WGUC will significantly increase Inhailer's exposure.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #3710 on: May 21, 2020, 04:01:33 PM »

In Lala Lala's "Dream Song" I continue to treasure the lines:

----
I dreamt that you had my back
I dreamt that I loved someone better
----

SO HARSH! I love it.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3711 on: June 07, 2020, 10:53:26 AM »

----
----

SO HARSH! I love it.
that song has staying power for sure.

the big seismic wave for me this week was this song:
https://open.spotify.com/track/3qpRtyNLgzVLAHzgL0p4SR?si=Oq5PSwFBTsiiRhy0eAOrFg

not because it's a great song-it's ok and i appreciate the oddity, is just truly blew my mind that neil young had very uncharacteristic "futuristic" songs on an album in 1982. news to me. i can't imagine how this was received by the cinnamon girls and old men.

unfortunately, you might not have the same reaction because the surprise isn't the same; it came up randomly for me and when i looked....i wouldn't have guessed neil young in 40 trys
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:57:29 AM by twentyshots »
bongo hard or bongo home

Paco

• Tourist
« Reply #3712 on: June 07, 2020, 11:10:38 AM »

----
----

SO HARSH! I love it.
that song has staying power for sure.

the big seismic wave for me this week was this song:
https://open.spotify.com/track/3qpRtyNLgzVLAHzgL0p4SR?si=Oq5PSwFBTsiiRhy0eAOrFg

not because it's a great song-it's ok and i appreciate the oddity, is just truly blew my mind that neil young had very uncharacteristic "futuristic" songs on an album in 1982. news to me. i can't imagine how this was received by the cinnamon girls and old men.

unfortunately, you might not have the same reaction because the surprise isn't the same; it came up randomly for me and when i looked....i wouldn't have guessed neil young in 40 trys

I saw him on the Trans tour, I forget where right at this moment. It was just him. He did half the show acoustic, seated and surrounded by a half dozen guitars and beside him was the upright piano for Man Needs A Maid, After The Gold Rush, etc. The second half of the show was still just him but he had a large sequencer mounted and he would pound out the first 4 beats of the tempo to get it going and then wail along to the pre-recorded tracks while playing his Les Paul.
It was received about as well as you might expect, which is to say, not well.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3713 on: June 07, 2020, 11:33:48 AM »

wow! cool to get a firsthand account.
i guess now that i think about it, he will take some chances sometimes. i remember somebody seeing him a few years ago and saying "he played like 8 songs in a row about monsanto". i think the reviewer even said that they agreed with him politically, it just didn't make for a good concert.
i've seen him a couple times. they were decent shows but had some questionable turns.....so i can easily imagine these scenarios....
bongo hard or bongo home

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3714 on: June 07, 2020, 11:38:06 AM »

that said- i don't think an artist has to "play the hits" every time.........just maybe try not to totally alienate your audience
bongo hard or bongo home

notoriouspbake

• City Elder
« Reply #3715 on: June 30, 2020, 07:54:02 PM »

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #3716 on: July 11, 2020, 12:40:20 PM »

i cannot imagine bob dylan laughing at anything.

i can imagine him sitting on a whoopee cushion placed by a roadie on a tour bus and then firing that guy.
bongo hard or bongo home
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248]   Go Up