Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotify Playlists  (Read 37412 times)

virgil p colon

• City Elder
Re: Spotify Playlists
« Reply #615 on: January 09, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »

well, i hesitated adding a 10 min demo....been sitting on it awhile because there was a radio edit released in november but it's starting to look like spotify won't be getting it.
anyway....if you're a sucker for insects preserved in beautiful amber, strummer and B.A.D, you should be fine.

I enjoyed it...

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #616 on: January 09, 2019, 03:25:50 PM »

well, i hesitated adding a 10 min demo....been sitting on it awhile because there was a radio edit released in november but it's starting to look like spotify won't be getting it.
anyway....if you're a sucker for insects preserved in beautiful amber, strummer and B.A.D, you should be fine.

I enjoyed it...

Me too.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #617 on: January 10, 2019, 01:02:16 AM »

I enjoyed it...

Me too.

it is rather like slipping into a warm bath, yeah? hearing a voice you've known so long.....a built-in feeling....
bongo hard or bongo home

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2019, 09:00:23 AM »

https://open.spotify.com/user/misskitty614/playlist/1IRXh6CQu08bycNAjytLyr?si=-ISQJIDgTMmAcFy7Lvpf6g

Add yer hot trax during this c-c-c-c-cold month. February is ready for action.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #620 on: March 13, 2019, 10:10:44 AM »

FYI, Hulu is now included for free with a Spotify Premium account.  Works for both new and existing users.  Just need to go to the Spotify website and either sign up for Hulu or link your Hulu account.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #621 on: March 18, 2019, 05:54:50 PM »

FYI, Hulu is now included for free with a Spotify Premium account.  Works for both new and existing users.  Just need to go to the Spotify website and either sign up for Hulu or link your Hulu account.
i keep looking for the gotcha but don't see one yet. i think it is actually free with spotify premium......
bongo hard or bongo home

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »

Seems to me the catch is that they
A) want my listener data on Spotify, which isn't really a big deal to me
B) they want you to watch their ad-supported plan, so you get commercials

Otherwise, from what I could tell, I think you're right.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2019, 01:55:07 PM »

Well yeah, the long term goal is to become the dominant content provider across all "traditional" mediums.  So they can make craptons of dollars by selling your data and/or selling you ads or whatever else.

But the immediate concern probably is to head off Apple who are attempting to do the same thing.  Personally, I think it's stupid to worry about Apple because Apple's snobbery and space as a luxury/niche brand means they have no interest in dominating the market.  They want to offer you something more universal and better than anyone else, but only for their high-paying customers.  They want 20% of the market willing to pay an assload for the best, and the vast majority of people who will settle for okay at a cheaper price can go someplace else and that's fine with them.

Google could absolutely destroy this industry and half a dozen others if they wanted to. They already have Google Play for music, YouTube and YouTube.TV, plus you know, GOOGLE.  And Android.  And Pixel. And Google Home.  And a decent chunk of cloud.  And now Google Stadia.  They just don't seem to have any interest in it, for whatever reason.  Probably because no one has figured out how to make money doing it, so Google is fine with just having their toe in the water and maybe someone else comes up with a profitable plan and then Google will swoop in and take it from them.

But yeah, this is basically the standard tech play of "get the users and figure out how to make money later."  Spotify has never made money, so why start now?  They're doing okay.  Mostly because investors keep throwing billions of dollars at them despite their lack of profit, but that doesn't matter to Spotify.  Their business plan is generating revenue, it's just not generating revenue from the consumers.  The money people are happy as long as Spotify gets more users, so that's what they'll do.  But they can't make money or increase their userbase much anymore just off streaming music so they need to throw something else in. 

Hulu is competing with YouTube.live on the cord-cutter front, and with YouTube, Prime, and Netflix on the streaming front.  They're doing original content to set themselves apart, but original content is expensive.  So tapping into Spotify's user base is a way to get some audience.

Anyway, yeah.  Hulu (with ads) is free now with a Spotify subscription.  It's legit.  Don't know how long it will last, but at least until June 10 which is enough time for you to watch Killing Eve and Handmaid's Tale.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2019, 05:27:22 PM »

Google could absolutely destroy this industry and half a dozen others if they wanted to. They already have Google Play for music, YouTube and YouTube.TV, plus you know, GOOGLE.  And Android.  And Pixel. And Google Home.  And a decent chunk of cloud.  And now Google Stadia. 

And don't forget TommyTENG!! Google has TommyTENG!

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder