Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotify Playlists  (Read 47319 times)

luisterpaul

• City Elder
Re: Spotify Playlists
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 07:44:03 AM »

That Lyonnais (Lion Ass?) song is killer.

that alcoholic faith mission song gets very bon iver-y in the middle. i don't mind it.

Check out the rest of the album -- it's a quick listen.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »

That Disappears album sounds really good to me.  The singer reminds me of a slightly spaced out Mark E. Smith, although he's probably not as big of an asshole.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2012, 06:38:46 PM »

That Disappears album sounds really good to me.  The singer reminds me of a slightly spaced out Mark E. Smith, although he's probably not as big of an asshole.
yeah, i thought of the fall too. i need to CRANK that album but haven't had the chance yet (only weeknight listening so far as others slept!)
bongo hard or bongo home

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »

It's June. Playlist? I have a few tunes to add. :D

Seriously, is it easy to create one? Never tried to do a public one that is also shareable.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

jcarwash31

• Citizen
    • The Big Stuff Project
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2012, 03:27:05 PM »

Seriously, is it easy to create one? Never tried to do a public one that is also shareable.

Just start the playlist, right click on it, and click on Collaborative Playlist.  Then just share the link.  It won't really be public, since the only way to get to it will be if you have the link.

virgil p colon

• City Elder
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2012, 12:11:33 AM »

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »

digging this lo-fi heavy playlist.
king tuff is pretty great.
bongo hard or bongo home

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

got a kick out of that apollo ghosts song too, so i'm checking them out now. the album is likeable and tongue-in-cheek, but even more surprising is the change of pace that is landmark, what a stellar tune.....
bongo hard or bongo home

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2012, 12:19:19 PM »

Just start the playlist, right click on it, and click on Collaborative Playlist.  Then just share the link.  It won't really be public, since the only way to get to it will be if you have the link.

Oh, that is easy. Thanks!

started

Thanks! I have been so busy, I forgot about it till today when I was looking for new tunes to listen to.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »

Hey Jen,
I deleted that Japandroids song since it was in April's playlist. Hope you don't mind - it's really good but I thought we should have at least a 2 month hiatus on any repeats.

If you think that was wrong of me, feel free to put it back.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »

Hey Jen,
I deleted that Japandroids song since it was in April's playlist. Hope you don't mind - it's really good but I thought we should have at least a 2 month hiatus on any repeats.

If you think that was wrong of me, feel free to put it back.

Oh good point. No worries. I was just digging it the other day and dragged it over without checking the past lists first. :)
—Samuel Butler

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2012, 05:59:16 AM »

Friends' album (Manifest!) was finally released this month, so I hope nobody minds if Friend Crush makes another appearance on the playlist.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:24 PM »

one of my peeves with spotify is the date that they have after albums. i am listening to a concrete blonde album right now that i know is from 1989 but has (2009) after it, which i do not understand and am too lazy to look up. is that when the album was added to spotify's catalogue? why would i give a shit about that?
bongo hard or bongo home

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »

one of my peeves with spotify is the date that they have after albums. i am listening to a concrete blonde album right now that i know is from 1989 but has (2009) after it, which i do not understand and am too lazy to look up. is that when the album was added to spotify's catalogue? why would i give a shit about that?

I noticed this as well. I added a Ray LaMontagne album the other day. I think Spotify listed it around 1988 (or 1980?). I saw it on wikipedia and it should be around 1996. WTF?

I was relistening to this month's list the other day. Great songs for sure this month!!
—Samuel Butler

Poolio

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2012, 09:37:02 AM »

From my experience with e-books and such at work, those dates are often the date the album was digitized and put up for sale.

But, yeah, that annoys me too.
Insert witty phrase or quote here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43   Go Up