Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43   Go Down

Author Topic: Spotify Playlists  (Read 46310 times)

grumbachr

• Summer Resident
Re: Spotify Playlists
« Reply #570 on: January 03, 2018, 02:09:29 PM »

Thanks, 

I look forward to these each month. They really help my sanity.

Buzzstein

• I have no title
  • City Elder
How the hell do I get back to Cincinnati??...Again!

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2018, 08:52:33 AM »

For the last few weeks I've found myself focusing on female voices in indie music, so I decided to make a playlist that features a bunch of songs I like, all with women singing. This is far from a definitive list, but there are 130 songs here -- almost 9 hours of music -- and no act or artist is repeated. It's mostly material that's been released in the last five or ten years, but some songs go way back. I'll keep adding songs as I discover / remember them.

At this point, the only "rule" for what gets added is no male voices. Not even as backing vocals. I may relax on the backing vocals aspect at some point -- Great Northern's STORY is an amazing song, after all -- but for now I like the challenge. Dudes get plenty of representation.

https://open.spotify.com/user/luisterpaul/playlist/3NTFnThclfT9sMQTgaHisr?si=vOCokOy6TU2RfhXemscd4g

Jonathan

• Future Boy
  • City Elder
« Reply #573 on: January 21, 2018, 11:21:47 AM »

Went to the Weezer/Foo Fighters concert last night. Despite being wistful when I realised/remembered that I was a teenager when some of the songs came out, I still had a great time. And Dave Grohl's showmanship skills have not eroded one bit!

Anyway, here's two Spotify playlists, one for each band's set. I'd say the crowd was 95% there for the Foos, but TAG and I stood throughout the whole Weezer set. Plus, a Pixies cover always puts me in a good mood:

Weezer: https://open.spotify.com/user/1234105514/playlist/0ZBH6HPpp9HvcP31dEAl10
Foo Fighters: https://open.spotify.com/user/1234105514/playlist/3RibtUgCsuRlo2ascuqWje

The encore started with Dave coming out solo and did "The Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners," because, of course, it's Australia. The first time he'd played that in about 4 years, apparently. He also did about half of "Blackbird" by himself before the house lights came back on and revealed that the rest of the band had snuck back on stage.
"I believe that in the long view of history, the British Empire will be remembered only for two things. The game of football, and the expression 'fuck off.'" - Sir Richard Turnbull

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #574 on: January 21, 2018, 11:07:31 PM »

I cannot stomach the Foo Fighters, but I do/did love Weezer back in the day. Weezer is coming to Cincy this summer and I may just go, if I can score a cheap ticket
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #575 on: January 26, 2018, 12:40:56 AM »

of course thatís an old song by the fall. sorry if that bends the rules, iíve likely done it a few times now...itís just tough to not acknowledge the passing of such influential artists. sometimes iíll try to find a recent cover of the deceased by someone, but this time i didnít look too hard.
bongo hard or bongo home

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #576 on: January 30, 2018, 05:14:04 PM »

of course thatís an old song by the fall. sorry if that bends the rules, iíve likely done it a few times now...itís just tough to not acknowledge the passing of such influential artists. sometimes iíll try to find a recent cover of the deceased by someone, but this time i didnít look too hard.

I am over the moon at your choice - one of my favorite Fall tunes. <3

Absolutely gutted about his passing.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #577 on: January 31, 2018, 05:27:09 PM »

I've a very early flight to catch tomorrow morning so I'm hanging out the shingle a day early.

Have at it, folks.

https://open.spotify.com/user/misskitty614/playlist/1EDcYosEkHDceYrHz8SRpO

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2018, 09:54:23 AM »

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #579 on: March 19, 2018, 11:59:57 PM »

whoooops just noticed that 3 days ago i must've been falling asleep and put a song on there that was 4 years old and not particularly interesting. it has been removed.
bongo hard or bongo home

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #581 on: April 01, 2018, 11:14:59 PM »

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #582 on: April 02, 2018, 07:45:41 AM »

It's free to use if you can deal with audio ads every few songs.

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #583 on: April 04, 2018, 12:29:46 AM »

or $10 a month if the ads drive you crazy (which they will).
bongo hard or bongo home

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #584 on: April 04, 2018, 07:51:32 AM »

Yes. I lasted one, maybe two albums before signing up for Premium.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 43   Go Up