Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down

Author Topic: [img]bizarre unrelated[/img]  (Read 23589 times)

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
Re: [img]bizarre unrelated[/img]
« Reply #405 on: March 13, 2014, 11:10:31 AM »

OK, Butter, another Kroger question: what's the big deal with Kroger changing their sale dates to Wed-Tues?  What did they used to be?  I don't get why this is a big advertising point.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #406 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »

Store layouts evolve, optimum store square footage evolves, and as new stores open over time they make old ones seem obsolete and create multiple store formats sometimes within just a couple of miles of each other.  Cincinnati has some stores still operating in the same space they've had for over 50 years.  It's pretty hard to dress up that pig.

Can't help you on the store employees.  There are shitty people everywhere, and I've met some of them at all levels.  Having been somewhat on the inside for a while though, I can tell you that if you complain enough something will be done.  They are hyper-sensitive to customer feedback (to the point that it's detrimental to my job)... though it won't have much impact if it's about something like pricing or store layouts.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #407 on: March 13, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »

We shop at K. Roger, Buttman.  Just for you.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2014, 11:27:04 AM »

OK, Butter, another Kroger question: what's the big deal with Kroger changing their sale dates to Wed-Tues?  What did they used to be?  I don't get why this is a big advertising point.

I'll try to answer without getting inadvertently discovered and fired:

Big K doesn't change this stuff without much consideration, because the amount of internal systems that have to be reorganized to meet new dates like this is a pain in the ass.

However, this particular change has to do with 2 things (assuming you live in Georgia, Tennessee, or North Carolina):

1. They recently bought Harris Teeter.  That involved much internal reorganization to be able to handle things like sales reporting and oversight.  Some stores that were in one geographic area may have transferred to another to avoid one area having 400 stores and another having 50.

2. What does the major competitor(s) in-town do as far as sale/ad dates?  I imagine if you look up the ad for said major competitor (who may have already been mentioned recently), it will be very very similar to Wed-Tues.

va-vacious

• City Elder
    • http://va-vacious.livejournal.com
« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2014, 09:37:24 PM »

thanks! Glad to know it was a pretty simple answer.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #410 on: March 14, 2014, 08:19:37 AM »

We shop at K. Roger, Buttman.  Just for you.

That's why you're my favorite.

cuddlyevil

• sleepy, so sleepy
  • City Elder
« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2014, 11:10:34 AM »

Store layouts evolve, optimum store square footage evolves, and as new stores open over time they make old ones seem obsolete and create multiple store formats sometimes within just a couple of miles of each other.  Cincinnati has some stores still operating in the same space they've had for over 50 years.  It's pretty hard to dress up that pig.

Can't help you on the store employees.  There are shitty people everywhere, and I've met some of them at all levels.  Having been somewhat on the inside for a while though, I can tell you that if you complain enough something will be done.  They are hyper-sensitive to customer feedback (to the point that it's detrimental to my job)... though it won't have much impact if it's about something like pricing or store layouts.

I guess I just got spoiled by Wegmans, their layouts are consistent across the board for the most part--so I know I can walk into any store and get exactly what I need without spending extra time trying to remember if the dairy case is in the rear of the store or off to the side.

I've stopped going to the ones with the crappy employees.

I am kind of wondering how the new kroger marketplace will affect the hyde park kroger (once it's built that is).
"Because I'm cuddly b*tch. Deal with it." ~ Marshall Erikson

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #412 on: March 14, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »

Confession: I only shop at kroger when I absolutely have to. Their employees are terrible and the store layouts aren't consistent which annoys the crap out of me.

Sorry Buttah.
x2

We live within walking distance (like seriously just up the street) of Kroger, but we only ever use it for picking up an item or two at a time. For us, it is more like a convenience store than an actual grocery.

I don't think our lack of patronage is hurting them though, judging from the crowds inside the Newport Pavilion store.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Butter

• City Elder
« Reply #413 on: March 14, 2014, 12:53:35 PM »

x2

We live within walking distance (like seriously just up the street) of Kroger, but we only ever use it for picking up an item or two at a time. For us, it is more like a convenience store than an actual grocery.

I don't think our lack of patronage is hurting them though, judging from the crowds inside the Newport Pavilion store.

To be fair, that Kroger store that you are near is terrible.  If I lived only near that one, I wouldn't shop there either.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #414 on: March 14, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »

And that is after a complete remodel. Ugh.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2014, 05:45:44 PM »

The Kroghetto is still tons better than the Krogateaux up on the hill. That place is fucking awful. Store layout by Stevie fucking Wonder
Opulence. I has it.

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2014, 12:26:20 AM »

Publix to me has much higher prices than Kroger.  Even fruit which is native to the state is more expensive than Kroger sells it a thousand miles from the growing area.  Though I will say Publix at least still carries Lender's Frozen Bagels!
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2014, 11:53:05 PM »

I love Kroger but in SW Florida (Ft Myers) it's Publix for me.

That aside, can anyone explain to me why oranges are more expensive in Ft. Myers than in Cincinnati?
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

twentyshots

• City Elder
« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »

just what in the hell are you people trying to do to this thread? a good purging is in order.

bongo hard or bongo home

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #419 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up