Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Political Musings  (Read 92164 times)

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Random Political Musings
« Reply #1680 on: August 16, 2019, 11:13:10 AM »

Yeah, you cracked the case.  WHY IS THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA NOT ASKING THE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS?!?

Dumbass.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1681 on: August 16, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »

God, I hate Rashid Tlaib.

--Hey Israel, can I come and visit?

--Well, it's not a real visit.  All you're going to do is talk shit about us and make as look as horrible as possible, so... No.

--Okay, well then can I just visit my grandma?  Promise I won't be political or try to make you look bad at all?

--Well okay then, yes.  You can come see your grandma if you promise not to make it a public way to badmouth us.

--Oh yeah?!?  Well, I've decided not to see my grandma because Israel sucks so bad!

Seriously?

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1682 on: August 20, 2019, 09:26:43 PM »

Trump finally got me.

I have no idea what is going on with Greenland.  I did not see that coming.  I have no idea if heís for real or trolling or crazy. And it does not really matter what the answer is, I think it is time to seriously think about impeachment.

The Jewish stuff, the Russia G8, thinking about cutting taxes to prop up the economy he swears is thriving, and then the Greenland thing to top it all off.  Can we actually make it through another year of this? 
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:49:54 PM by Zafer Kaya »

Markalot

• Citizen
« Reply #1683 on: August 23, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »

You're on a roll.

The current question I have is how many people are starting to wonder if Trump is mentally unfit.  I mean some have said this for years, but now he's scared, and China, smelling blood, picked today for the tariff news.  I won't dare predict what this will do, sometimes this only works to strengthen his support among those who hate other countries.  His last few days have been manic, and that's an understatement. 

Go Greenland!
-- Mark

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1684 on: August 23, 2019, 04:50:22 PM »

Dude.  We're fucked.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1685 on: August 24, 2019, 12:04:42 AM »

Trump finally got me.

I have no idea what is going on with Greenland.  I did not see that coming.  I have no idea if heís for real or trolling or crazy. And it does not really matter what the answer is, I think it is time to seriously think about impeachment.

The Greenland episode is surreal, But impeachment is not the answer and wouldn't work anyway (since the GOP controls the Senate).

It's just another episode in the merry-go-round of Trump's presidency.

Which is why I call the 2020 presidential election to be so pivotal. If this country re-elects a buffoon and incompetent guy that Trump is on so many levels, well them, we deserve it, don't we? I don't think it's going to happen, though.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1686 on: August 24, 2019, 01:53:44 PM »

I agree impeachment is almost certain to fail, which is why I haven't wanted it until now.

But at some point, things have just gone too far.  Trump appears to be unraveling rapidly, so it is good to start the proceedings now before he does something even Senate GOP can't defend.

Probably though, they will defend him to the end.  But in that case, I think it is still good for people to remember that and vote them all out.

To me, it has gotten to the point where if the Democrats don't do anything they're going to be seen as no better than the Republicans.  Which just helps extremists.  We will end up with some dirtbag left candidate far worse than Warren or AOC or Sanders or whoever you think is already too far left.

At some point, you have to do your duty and what is right, even if you lose.  For moral reasons, to show our allies we're not all idiots and aholes, and to prevent the center from further eroding.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1687 on: August 25, 2019, 12:12:31 AM »

At some point, you have to do your duty and what is right, even if you lose.  For moral reasons, to show our allies we're not all idiots and aholes, and to prevent the center from further eroding.
That is a good point. I mean, I want Trump gone sooner than you can think of. I just think that 3 presidents that went the 2 terms (Clinton, W, Obama), this country is ready to cut short a president after one term.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1688 on: August 25, 2019, 01:22:56 PM »

Trump isnít actually the problem.  Things are not going to be fixed simply by electing a Democrat President.  I mean, it helps.  But it just a small battle won in a much larger war.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1689 on: September 13, 2019, 10:01:16 AM »

It's pretty painful watching Biden suck at the debates but winning because he is an old white dude.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1690 on: September 14, 2019, 01:28:13 PM »

trump's in kamala harris' head big time
poach eggs, not elephants

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1691 on: September 15, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »

Nah.  That's just how she is.  Everything she says is a sound bite.  Most of it sounds phony as hell, but she figures if she hits gold on one quote a debate that's all she needs.  She basically runs like Clinton.  Nothing left to chance, an army of strategists and PR types.

The difference is the Harris actually can work a crowd if her strategists will let her.  And she actually understands policy pretty well.  Her campaign people are kind of letting her down.

She's a black woman with vocal fry, so when she nails a line just like she practiced everyone thinks she is annoying.  But when Biden says the same folksy nonsense he's said for two decades, everyone thinks it's just a guy telling it like it is. 

It doesn't matter though.  Every  single candidate on that stage, including Biden, would be ten times better than Trump.

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1692 on: September 19, 2019, 09:15:56 PM »

So... if Trump made a promise to Ukraine if they would dig up dirt on Biden that would seem to be straight up impeachable.  And if Biden knew or worse had some part in the affair, he would be implicated as well...and that would be impeachable.

So assuming Trump is caught red-handed nd you are the Dems, particularly if you are Pelosi, do you go for impeachment?  Or do you maybe slow play this, hope to pick up some seats in the Senate and then impeach?  You know Pelosi has to be thinking "Holy shit, I could be POTUS."

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1693 on: September 24, 2019, 10:02:25 AM »

Yet another unmitigated and outright defeat for British PM Boris Johnson with today's unanimous decision of the Supreme Court declaring the recent suspension of Parliament unlawful.

How many defeats can a PM suffer before (s)he needs to go? Johnson hasn't won a single vote or court decision yet as PM. What a clusterf*ck

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1694 on: September 25, 2019, 12:58:37 PM »

To be clear: I want Trump gone, the sooner, the better. But impeaching makes no sense, given that there is zero chance of it succeeding (since the Senate, where a 2/3 majority is needed, is controlled by the GOP).

I noticed this quote in today's Washington Post:

Thirty-seven percent of voters say that Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 57 percent say he should not be impeached, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday morning.

So it appears there is no appetite for it nationwide.

Then there is also this from the WaPo:

Trumpís overall job approval rating remains in the range it has for nearly his entire presidency, with 40 percent of voters approving of how he is handling his job, and 55 percent saying they disapprove.

So why not let him fail on himself? Instead, now the Dems are playing straight into Trump's cards ("I'm a VICTIM, it's a WITCH HUNT")

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115   Go Up