Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 96   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Political Musings  (Read 46436 times)

daytime drinking

• City Elder
Re: Random Political Musings
« Reply #1050 on: April 13, 2018, 12:16:28 PM »

i suppose i have to reply since my honor is at stake.  it doesn't bother you say that.  you're probably right.  still don't see the big deal in what i said.  but bygones being what they are.... 
poach eggs, not elephants

luisterpaul

• City Elder
« Reply #1051 on: April 25, 2018, 08:50:36 PM »

HAVE YOU HEARD OF THIS 'KANYE WEST?'

BY THE WAY, MY OFFER TO RUN THE V.A. STILL STANDS.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 08:53:57 PM by luisterpaul »

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1052 on: May 20, 2018, 11:51:18 PM »

that ig report is gonna be less damning than it should be i imagine

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1053 on: May 21, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »

Damning to who?

Horowitz seems legit, and Comey is an incompetent boob.  So I'm sure it will point out all sorts of things Comey messed up.  I don't know if it will be that damning to Clinton because everyone already knows she was wrong.

In the end, everyone seems to have gotten what they deserve.  Comey was fired for all the wrong reasons, but it was still an end result of all his incompetence.  Maybe Clinton should have had more tougher treatment but in the end Comey cost her the election anyway.

DoJ and FBI can be corrupt and incompetent just like anyone else.  People shouldn't trust them.  I wish that Trump had done a for real investigation into their practices instead of throwing around bullshit, and the thing is if he had done it right he would have had bipartisan support because conservatives are mad over Russian investigation and liberals are mad that Comey screwed the election.  But we know Trump doesn't give a crap about corruption or incompetence.

Conspiracy mongers crack me up in general, though.  The government does some underhanded stuff to keep individuals in power.  But it's all small potatoes compared to the totally ridiculous stuff they do right in front of people's faces.

Look at the deficit.  The actual amount that people are taxed is the amount the government spends.  Where else does the money come from?  But because the government reduced the tax rate temporarily, people think they reduced the size of government and that they are paying less in taxes.  No, the government just borrowed money.  They took out an involuntary loan on your behalf which you will have to pay back later with interest.  Meaning they pretty much just RAISED your taxes.  You owe more to the government than you did a year ago.  And guess who got real, honest-to-goodness permanent tax cuts and who got temporary tax cuts?

Our entire fiscal policy is a joke, and anyone who can balance a checkbook could see this in 30 seconds flat.  Unfortunately, the majority of Americans cannot balance a checkbook.  They're letting the government steal from them to the tune of trillions of dollars.  Why would politicians need a secret conspiracy of lies or the force of the military when people voluntarily just hand over their cash idiotically?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:31:14 PM by Zafer Kaya »

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1054 on: May 21, 2018, 01:21:47 PM »

you don't think the ig report has the potential to be catastrophic? 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1055 on: May 21, 2018, 01:39:32 PM »

you don't think the ig report has the potential to be catastrophic?

Again, to who?  It's likely to be catastrophic to Comey.

It can't be catastrophic to Clinton because she's already finished.  It can't be catastrophic to Trump because he has already done and is still doing tons of insanely shady shit and people either don't believe it or don't care.

I don't know.  It's hard to pull any logic out of the minds of the average American voter so it's hard to say with that much confidence.  But my guess is that I don't see why this should be any worse than anything else?

I mean for real, you have people that believe in Pizza Gate and "the storm."  Anything that would come out of the IG report would pale in comparison to that.

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1056 on: May 21, 2018, 02:19:55 PM »

if it turns out the dems orchestrated the whole thing, will they ever be the same again?  will the mainstream media ever be the same again? 

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1057 on: May 21, 2018, 02:36:44 PM »

The Democrats conspired to make Hillary Clinton lose the election?

Yeah....

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #1058 on: May 21, 2018, 05:44:53 PM »

The only thing I am seeing is that the FBI should have reviewed the email faster. That would have been helpful to Clinton as she would have been cleared earlier. People seem to forget the Comey and McCabe are in no way a democrats. If you want to push conspiracy theory, what is is coming out of the initial talk of the reports is that Republicans drug their feet and moved the investigation into the emails closer to the election when it should have been done before then. But there is nothing saying the Democrats did anything.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Markalot

• Citizen
« Reply #1059 on: May 21, 2018, 07:01:43 PM »

This thread is a good example of why Trump could actually win in 2 years and the dems may not sweep this fall.

Clinton could not hide an affair, Trump could not hide collusion.  It's the same thing, just different sides. Trump's a real estate developer, enough said.  The Clintons are life long politicians, enough said. 

Once again, voting against something never works, and once again the Democrats are going to fail from rescuing the country from the Republicans because most are a bunch of conspiracy obsessed fucking morons.  RUN FOR SOMETHING!  When Pelosi looks like a genius you know something is terribly wrong.  She gets it, she knows damn well if the dems run full anti Trump they will get nowhere.  The problem is the dems don't have a better answer other than sanity, and I'm not sure the voters want sanity.  It's damn fun to see Washington implode on itself. 

Trump is a troll, stop feeding the troll. 
-- Mark

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #1060 on: May 21, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »

I donít know, man.

Iím down with the sentiment that Dems waste too much effort attacking Trump for everything.

But I mean, the Dems did not order the IG to make this report.   They canít do much about it.

The finding is most likely going to be that Comey is a huge boob.  That boobiness resulted in the email thing being disclosed at the exact wrong time that it had a major impact on the election.  It certainly didnít help Democrats, so there is no conspiracy.  It is hard to say that Comey or DoJ was trying to help them.  OTOH, it is also pretty tough to say that Comey was trying to rig it for Trump either, considering how he treated him afterwards.

I would prefer it if the Democrats were more positive and stood for something and at least went down fighting honorably.  But I do not think it a winning election strategy.

People simply do not like what the Democrats stand for.   The strongest thing Clinton could have said during the election was that Trump supporters were deplorable and it cost her badly.

Essentially, we have a bunch of racist voters who are pissed off at being called racist and willing to pull out all the stops to keep living their racist lifestyle.  Itís not EVERY Trump supporter but it is way more than enough that without them, it would have been a pretty big, bordering landslide Clinton win.

I think that attacking Trump is ultimately ineffective because itís not really about Trump.  On the other hand, addressing what it really is about is just going to turn people against them.

In the end I find it difficult to say Trump doesnít represent America better than any other politician on either side of the aisle.  Which is unfortunate in what it says about us as a country.

At some level, you are blaming Democrats for Americans being ignorant jerks and putting the onus on them to fix it.  Which...okay, it is what it is and the Democrats have to deal with it and try to change minds.  But I a, not sure I see a way forward other than old white people finally kicking the bucket.  Even then, Iím not too sure about these radical, angry Bernie Bro. Millenials.

Look...legit question... why are you not mad at Conservatives for not doing anything?  Trump didnít sneak up on znyone. Or the Freedom caucus.  They let this happen.  Ryan is going to be a milqutoadt about this until the end.  If the Dems are guilty of over-exaggerating every perceived flaw then how are conservativesó including many supposed nevertrumpers not guilty of whitewashing? 

You read The Examiner, right?  They will criticize Trump, but pretty much at least once a week someone writes an op/ed saying it is really the Dems causing or exacerbating it?  How do?  They are not the ones voting for Trump or reading Breitbart.  All of these GOP people who resigned have nothing to lose, why donít they say anything?  Why isnít Rand Paul leading the attack against Trumpís gross authoritarianism?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:43:43 PM by Zafer Kaya »

Markalot

• Citizen
« Reply #1061 on: May 21, 2018, 10:00:30 PM »

Yep, read the examiner now.

I gave up on the republicans, they won't do anything because they're radicalized.  I'm still conservative, that has not changed.  It's not fair to blame the dems but they sure as hell are picking a bad time to figure out that progressives can't win national elections in big numbers.   

-- Mark

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #1062 on: May 21, 2018, 11:26:48 PM »

I gave up on the republicans, they won't do anything because they're radicalized.  I'm still conservative, that has not changed.
X2

Not to mention that Trump's version of the GOP is not something that I can identify with.

So my choice in the upcoming mid-terms elections is to vote some third party guy or gal who has no chance of winning, or to vote Dem. I'm leaning to the latter, just to send a message to Trump, and to the supposed "moderate" Republicans who are not standing up to Trump. Hello, Rob Portman? I've supported you in the past, gave lots of money to your campaign back in the day (but not in his 2016 Senate re-election bid that he won), I've voted for you, but, frankly, I'm very disappointed with you in these last couple of years. I've known Portman fairly well for over 30 years (when he was "just" another attorney here in town), and I know that he is exasperated with the Trump presidency, and I am baffled why he is not a stronger stance. Shame on him.

I'm disgusted by it all, frankly. But as I always remind myself. "people get the elected politicians they deserve", and that is true today in this country, sadly (from my perspective).

I still expect a surge of Dems being elected and taking over the House, if not also the Senate, but that could be just the optimistic in me. I think a lot will depend on voter turn-out. Why so few people actually get out to vote is a mystery to me, I mean, it's your only chance to say something about how you feel how things are going in this country. If you don't vote, don't complain.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1063 on: May 22, 2018, 09:22:12 AM »

The Democrats conspired to make Hillary Clinton lose the election?

Yeah....

what? 

daytime drinking

• City Elder
« Reply #1064 on: May 22, 2018, 12:00:50 PM »

This thread is a good example of why Trump could actually win in 2 years and the dems may not sweep this fall.

Clinton could not hide an affair, Trump could not hide collusion.  It's the same thing, just different sides. Trump's a real estate developer, enough said.  The Clintons are life long politicians, enough said. 

Once again, voting against something never works, and once again the Democrats are going to fail from rescuing the country from the Republicans because most are a bunch of conspiracy obsessed fucking morons.  RUN FOR SOMETHING!  When Pelosi looks like a genius you know something is terribly wrong.  She gets it, she knows damn well if the dems run full anti Trump they will get nowhere.  The problem is the dems don't have a better answer other than sanity, and I'm not sure the voters want sanity.  It's damn fun to see Washington implode on itself. 

Trump is a troll, stop feeding the troll.

trump's gonna end up looking like a choir boy if the ig is as damning as it appears and that'll really swing people to trump's side.  simply because you honestly can't trust the other party.  i don't care how the thing ends.  it's been a fascinating ride

the only saving grace it seems to me that the dems have is how brazen the entire operation might have playn out.  an entire government, essentially out for one man and one man only.  aren't you guys just a little bit concerned?  not talking to you sir markalot
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 96   Go Up