Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Abandoned Movies in 2012  (Read 2826 times)

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Abandoned Movies in 2012
« on: December 30, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »

Again, tell us what let you down before the ending.
Opulence. I has it.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
Re: Abandoned Movies in 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »

1. Harry & Tonto
I wanted to like this film - about an elderly man in NYC who loses his home to development and winds up traveling across the country with his cat, Tonto - but it just wasn't doing it for me. Maybe I'll give it another chance at a later date.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »

I haven't abandoned it just yet. I think it's worthy of returning to it when we're in a less "TV, bloody well entertain me goddamnit" mood
Opulence. I has it.

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »

1. ATONEMENT - 01/21/12 - Waaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooo looooooooooooong. I can't believe I turned off a movie with James McAvoy in it, but I did.
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 11:34:42 AM »

1. ATONEMENT - 01/21/12 - Waaaaaaaaay toooooooooooooo looooooooooooong. I can't believe I turned off a movie with James McAvoy in it, but I did.
Did you not make it as far as the big Dunkirk beach scene near the end with the ludicrously long panning shot?. The cinematography of that scene was (for me anyway) worth the boring build-up and McAvoyisms
Opulence. I has it.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 12:32:57 PM »

Did you not make it as far as the big Dunkirk beach scene near the end with the ludicrously long panning shot?. The cinematography of that scene was (for me anyway) worth the boring build-up and McAvoyisms
YES! I made it that far. That scene was pretty fantastic. I'll probably grab it from the library again at some point. But, it just wasn't what I was in the mood for on a rainy Saturday.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »

1. Take Shelter

I hate creepy films and didn't know that this was one of those when we put it on. Basically... a guy with a wife and daughter starts going insane. I turned it off after an hour, so maybe it ends up good, or maybe I'll finish watching it one day, but from what I could tell all it consisted of was a guy who couldn't talk using his lips, didn't act normal in any circumstance, and the music was composed of like 2 notes...long, drawn out notes.

Blech.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »

Ha!  I just saw that and loved it, but I really go for those descent into madness movies.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

c-lando

• City Elder
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 08:47:30 AM »

2. SOMETHING BORROWED - 03/10/12 - HBO - Wow. I really wanted to punch everyone in this movie in the face. I managed to watch about 20 minutes and just could not take anymore of their bullshit. AWFUL.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »

1. Take Shelter
2. The Tree of Life

I was bored 20 minutes into it... took a nap, and then was still bored at the 1 hour mark. I had thought of about 7,438 different things I'd rather be doing with my hour than watching that, including walking on coals or learning to withstand chinese water torture.

In a positive light: I liked a lot of the color and shots. Mallick certainly knows how to use the entire color spectrum.
In a negative light: I couldn't stand the fact that the camera couldn't stay on a scene for more than 10 seconds. GAAH! Give me some context! Plus, he really likes his close ups. Like...really really likes them.

Cockney Rebel

• Global Moderator
  • City Elder
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 07:59:54 AM »

1 ~ 10mph
Indie documentary about trying to cross America on a Segway. The main protagonists came across as utter pricks from the very first moment they opened their trashy mouths. When it showed one of them falling off the Segway during training I secretly hoped the next shot was of him disappearing under some truck wheels.
2 ~ Vernon, Florida
2 for 2 on terrible documentary choices. It reminded both MK and me of having to endure Franklin.
Opulence. I has it.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »

1. Take Shelter
2. The Tree of Life
3. Vanquisher

It was a foreign film that sounded like it'd be right up my alley based on the netflix summary. Waif-fu or some hot asian girl kicking butt. Whatever - I'm in. Then I tried watching it. The acting was so horribly done it looked like they casted people who weren't even actors. The sets were the cheapest things I've ever seen. The script and lines were awful. I'm pretty good at watching bad movies, but this was too much. Maybe if I was drunk with a group of friends who wanted to laugh, but not when I was just chillin on my own. 15 minutes of this was 14 minutes too much.

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 12:42:50 AM »

1. Take Shelter
2. The Tree of Life
3. Vanquisher
4. Rachel Getting Married

I wanted to stare at Anne Hathaway for 2 hours and heard this was good. Well, good from a critics standpoint, at least. I didn't get much more than 30 minutes or so into it before I realized that I really just don't like films with a bitchy crazy girl who does nothing logical and just pisses everyone else around her off. I feel like I run into enough of those people in my regular life that I don't need to see it on screen.

HAH! That last part was a joke.

dirk

• City Elder
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 06:39:58 PM »

1) Melancholia

I wanted to like it.  I had heard good things about it. It has Kirsten Dunst, who I adore.  It's about the end of the world. And it was boring as hell.  I barely made it through the first 5 minutes, which was nothing but artsy slow motion shots of various things with no context.  Then suddenly we are in a limo with a crappy drive where Dunst and her soon to husband (I think) actually have to get in the limo to drive it because the guy can't turn around or something.  Then they get to their wedding (afterparty maybe) and there is a lot of talking that didn't mean anything to me.  Basically, it felt like you started in the middle of the movie.  There was no introduction to the character and no set up of what was going on.  Kirsten's boobs did look good in the wedding dress, but that's about all I can say about this.
1+2+2+1
Gown removed carelessly. Head, less so. - Joss Whedon

Bubba McBubba

• Citizen
    • Place Logo Here
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »

1) Melancholia
Kirsten's boobs did look good in the wedding dress, but that's about all I can say about this.

...and they look even better out of the dress, so maybe you should have stuck with it a bit longer
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up