Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take that dietary restrictions  (Read 210 times)

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
Take that dietary restrictions
« on: April 22, 2013, 11:43:49 AM »

I'm lactose intolerant and am always searching for good tasting work-arounds.  My brilliant wife discovered that cheese aged over 60 days is, at least, nearly lactose free.  Real cheese, yo, not that slimy, nasty ass soy cheese I pretended to like for years.  Cheddars, asiagos, goudas, mutha fuckin' provolone!  That makes real pizza, son.

I have learned that it is best to buy it by feel rather than by age, though.  If there is substantial give when you squeeze the cheese, then I'd suggest finding a firmer alternative. 

Also, Breyers makes a terrific lactose free vanilla ice cream.  Mrs. Foolsgold is something of an ice cream expert and confirms it tastes just like the real thing.  All I know is that having the opportunity to eat a lasagna (made ricotta with lactose free milk) and drink a thick and super malty chocolate malt has done wonders keeping my head out of the oven.

What other suggestions do you have for your particular restrictions?
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

The Hegemo

• City Elder
    • Facebook
Re: Take that dietary restrictions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »

I get horribly sick if I eat Reese's Pieces. So I don't eat them. As food sensitivities go, this one is pretty easy to live with.
I am not a dude

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/mistergugi
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:38 AM »

One Dr told me to eat more leafy green vegetables.
Another Dr told me to stay away from fried and starchy foods.

While the requirement to eat more salads is definitely no fun, it's not a "restriction" yet so I am a lucky guy. I feel for you guys and appreciate what you go through. Good luck.

clemsonfan

• RN
  • City Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 06:58:45 AM »

I am borderline diabetic so I have to be really careful with carbs. Dreamfields makes some really good low carb pasta and Tumaro's make a good low carb tortilla. I'm not on the Atkin's diet or anything, but I try to stay away from white flour.
Well.......
Pages: [1]   Go Up