Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not-So-United States  (Read 4421 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Not-So-United States
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 11:35:53 PM »

Any suggestion that the US would break apart into seperate smaller countries is utter craziness into the anytime foreseeable future (i won't say ever since I don't have a crystal ball), and any such suggestion has no truth in facts. Let's be real here.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Homsar

• City Elder
  • It's personal.
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:40 PM »

I actually think that the only direction this country can move is towards closer bonds with the rest of the world.  I believe that the eventual collapse of dictatorships will only lead to overall unification.  It's the best chance for the world to prosper.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a world government in 75-150 years.
smiley face

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »

Wow. Really?

I guess with all the hatred and so many different people hating on each other I would be completely surprised to see a world govt in 150 years. Maybe you're going in the right direction with larger govts covering more areas, but even that I'd have to think about. I keep seeing stuff about how the Euro's time is up, which indicates smaller and smaller governing areas.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »

I agree with Dan, you can't get all of the US, or even all of North American on the same page about anything, much less the whole world.  Also, just take a look at the European union... that's not working out so well either.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »

I actually think that the only direction this country can move is towards closer bonds with the rest of the world.  I believe that the eventual collapse of dictatorships will only lead to overall unification.  It's the best chance for the world to prosper.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a world government in 75-150 years.
More like 75-150 million years.

Homsar

• City Elder
  • It's personal.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:34 AM »

Well with attitudes like that there won't be unity!
 :P
Lutz you can go ahead and tell that to Parliament.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:20:24 AM by Homsar »
smiley face

lutz

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »

In fairness, I saw the headline 'America and Asia "getting closer"' and got all excited about the marvelous coincidence. Then I found out they meant geographically :(
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up