Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lana Del Rey - Born to Die  (Read 4298 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: Lana Del Rey - Born to Die
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »

back from NY where last night my daughter and I saw Lana Del Rey in concert at the Irving Plaza (it's a small venue similar to say, the SGH). What an almost surreal experience that was. First off, our hotel was close to the venue and when we walked by the venue around 3 pm, people were already lined up! Second, thank goodness we got the VIP tix (which were only $20 more than regular tix). We got to skip the line and had a reserved section in the balcony (and we got a poster of that particular concert, which was cool too). Looking down, all I saw was people squished like sardines and there was no way I could've handled that. Then the show. Lana Del Rey played a 50 min. set that was exclusive to the "jazz-lounge" songs on her CD (think "Video Games"). The band was a pianist, 3 violins, and a guitar player but the sound mix was pretty bad so you couldn't hear the guitar for most of the time, so it was just piano and violins basically. But the crowd was such that all of the songs were pretty much singalongs. Sadly none of the more "trip-hop" songs of the album ("Off To The Races", "Radio", "Diet Mountain Dew") were played. I was a little let down, to be honest, but my daughter loved it. I still don't see how this can translate to a much larger audience, unless Lana live fleshes out to a fuller sound. But truth be told, we had a great time just being there. And Lana was quite the perfomer, nothing like the "deer in headlights" from the infamous SNL show in January. I have no idea if she's got anything left up her sleave but as I've said before, I think her "Born to Die" is a fabulous album, MILES away from mainstream stuff like say Beyonce or Katy Perry.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2012, 05:36:42 PM »

Lana Del Rey played a 50 min. set

I suppose there is a silver lining to every black cloud after all!
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »

I was innocently surfing for stuff that doesn't suck and stumbled into the cat fight of the week.

Courtney Love vs. Lana Del Rey

Seems as if Phoebe Buffay... I mean... Lana Del Rey has been singing "Heart-Shaped Box" live.  Courtney seems intent on reminding her 8,000 times that the song she's singing is, in fact, about The Vagina de Love.  The article had a link to the video.  Wow.  She's totally won me over.  I'm a huge fan now!  No, not really.  She still blows goats.

Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 11:44:07 PM »

Her recent ""Paradise" release isn't anywhere as good as BTD, making me wonder if she's got much left to give. Still love BTD, though.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 08:27:14 AM »

My pussy tastes like Pepsi-Cola... my pussy tastes like Pepsi-cola... my pussy tastes like Pepsi-cola...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up