Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jack White - Blunderbuss  (Read 518 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Jack White - Blunderbuss
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »

Jack White's first solo album will be out in April.

He talks about it in the NME

Anyone exicted about this? Feels to me he's had his time and the world is moving on. Whatever.

"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Zafer Kaya

• City Elder
Re: Jack White - Blunderbuss
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:37 AM »

I wouldn't say I'm excited.  More like hopeful.  I was somewhat pessimistic/indifferent but "Love Interruption" is a pretty good song.  Better than I expected. 

I like the old garage-y Jack White more than the folksy/kitschy Jack White but I don't think we're ever going to get De Stilj White back.  The loss of Meg White has to be considered a major plus in terms of music quality, but on the flip side it means he can branch out and get fancier which may not be such a good thing.

Still, "Love Interruption is a pretty good song blends a bit of old and new Jack White, with some new elements to it as well.  I have a feeling that's going to end up the most rocking/singles-y song on the album, so still not sold on it.  But that single is at least promising enough for me to give the new record a couple of spins.

Pages: [1]   Go Up