Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luscious Jackson  (Read 1043 times)

c-lando

• Bacon Research & Sparkle Development/Cr0ndog Millionaire
  • City Elder
Once the bacon's done, all pants are off.  
PANTS PANTS REVOLUTION!!!

twentyshots

• City Elder
Re: Luscious Jackson
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 10:03:01 AM »

i haven't read much about this reunion....wonder why vivian trimble isn't back as well?
bongo hard or bongo home

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:42:06 AM »

Wow. That song... sounded like Luscious Jackson, that's for sure.

I learned that they are from NY. I always associated them with somewhere in the south because, I presume, I was encouraged to listen to them by a girl from Mississippi. I guess I just figured they were local or something, but naturally that doesn't make a lot of sense. Still... I liked that in my mind they were not from the typical breeding grounds. Oh well.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:09:36 PM »

I really liked Luscious back in the day. Saw them live at one of the Lilith Fair festivals in 97 or 98.

Haven't heard the new stuff  yet but I'll prob check it out.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Bubba McBubba

• Citizen
    • Place Logo Here
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 08:06:48 PM »

Thanks for posting this. 

At first, I was really into this new track, though it quickly starts feeling a bit slight (even just a few seconds in).  Unfortunately, the song hits a massive speed bump with the chorus.  Just a chant of "Are you ready?" ad nauseum, and they don't sound like they're even into it.  It's like a bunch of people excitedly chanting "Party!" hoping doing only that will somehow make fun spontaneously materialize.

Even so, I'm still looking forward to a new album.  I just hope it's more of a return to "In Search of Manny" and not "Electric Honey".  "Manny" was so exciting (and still sounds fresh today), that I found it hard to watch the band become increasingly slicker, and considerably less interesting, with each album.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »

To each their own of course Bubba, but I really like "Electric Honey".

I have no idea what to expect from them after such a long lay-off, but as I mentioned, I'll surely check it out.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Dan

• Tetris Master
  • City Elder
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »

I completely agree with Bubba's points on the "Are You Ready" part of the song. It was grating and a let down. However, that was really my only qualm and it remains to be seen if that is something I can get over or is something that will bug me continuously.

Agreed - interested in hearing the rest of their work, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up