Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiohead to play Riverbend  (Read 17915 times)

twentyshots

• City Elder
Re: Radiohead to play Riverbend
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:54 PM »

Anyone remember what the prices were for the Indy show at the Riverbend-esque place in 08?  I had lawn seats but I can't remember.  If they were pretty similar to this it might seem more viable (not that I'm doubting CR, just for the sake of speculation).  I want to say the lawn seats were more in the $30-35 range.
friend of mine went to that...i'll text him and see if he remembers.....
bongo hard or bongo home

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 11:12:39 PM »

Anyone know the capacity at Riverbend?
18,000 (6,000 pavilion, 12,000 lawn)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »

Anyone remember what the prices were for the Indy show at the Riverbend-esque place in 08?  I had lawn seats but I can't remember.  If they were pretty similar to this it might seem more viable (not that I'm doubting CR, just for the sake of speculation).  I want to say the lawn seats were more in the $30-35 range.
I was at the Indy 08 show and just checked my ticket stub, it was $59 for pavilion plus charges (which made it about $80 in total).
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 01:44:32 AM »

I was at the Indy 08 show and just checked my ticket stub, it was $59 for pavilion plus charges (which made it about $80 in total).
just checked and my pit tickets were also $59 . . .

benji55545

• Summer Resident
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 02:22:59 AM »

Yup, just checked my email archives and my WASTE pit tickets for indy were $59 plus fees. They ended up being $70.50 total. My friend totally complained about paying that much, but she went with me anyway. I thought it was worth it :D

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 09:08:42 AM »

Yup, just checked my email archives and my WASTE pit tickets for indy were $59 plus fees. They ended up being $70.50 total. My friend totally complained about paying that much, but she went with me anyway. I thought it was worth it :D

Yeah, I was thinking, gah, this is going to be so expensive but remembering Indy, yes, totally worth it. I would like to be closer this time....please oh please!!
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Neil

• Summer Resident
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 09:29:59 PM »

Let me know if people are buying tickets together for this in pavilion.  Or if some are just gonna do the lawn thing. 
Forgive me if this sounds sacrilegious but must every bearded face seen in an object be that of Jesus? Why can't it be George Carlin or, as pointed out here, Gandalf? Maybe one of those dirty hippies from Fleet Foxes? - lark6

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 11:27:25 PM »

i did the pit last time . . . this one will be hanging with friends on the lawn.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 10:33:34 AM »

June 5. Tix on sale March 10.
When will this get some official confirmation? Just wondering.

Of course they are already locked in to play Bonnaroo on jun 8 so they'll want to play one or two "warm-up" gigs before that.

mizary

• Tourist
    • Blank Slate Brewing Company
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

I check this thread everyday...

If I get to see Radiohead and Weezer in cincinnati in the same year...   I will be super happy.

And I will be going for pavilion tix.  The lawn at riverbend SUCKS.  For several reasons. #1 you can't see anything. And the big monitors suck. More importantly you can't HEAR anything.  I've been told the neighborhoods around riverbend (where are they? KY?) complained enough to keep the sound levels down...  so on the lawn it's just not loud enough.  Especially over the chit-chat of all the drunkards.

I like lawn at riverbend for bands I don't really care about...  and just want to party with friends.  Like Dave Matthews Band.

--mizary

Fourthisto

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »

Word on my street is that there's also a 6/3 (Sunday) show in Indy (well... Noblesville) as well.

Plenty of opportunities to see them this tour, people. Get out there!

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 03:40:50 PM »

"word on the street"... sure  :P

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »

Riverbend tickets: Onsale date is March 10 at 10am
Opulence. I has it.

Fourthisto

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 04:33:59 PM »

"word on the street"... sure  :P

Not "the", but "my".  Big difference. 8)

Riverbend tickets: Onsale date is March 10 at 10am

Ha! Pretty sure I'll be on a plane at 10AM after seeing them in concert. Buying a ticket for a local show that I just saw somewhere else while I'm traveling home sounds pretty neat. Wonder if the plane'll have Wifi. ;)

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 05:47:07 PM »

Not "the", but "my".  Big difference. 8)

the other word on his street is that alien squirrels are replacing the earthling squirrels in the neighborhood.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up