Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bogart's reboots  (Read 6790 times)

TayFo

• City Elder
Re: Bogart's reboots
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »

Hmm....  I am pretty sure I parked there in 1993-94..  I can't remember it being built. 
according to the county auditor's site the complex was built in 1989.

google earth could only go back to 1993

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 01:01:20 PM »

Not sure where else to post this, but apparently Ed Sheeran is opening for Snow Patrols at Bogart's on Wednesday. Didn't know that until TayFo mentioned it to me yesterday. I saw him on the Brits award show, and was intruiged. I'll probably be checking this out.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 02:36:19 PM »

i will be there as well if nothing else but to breath in a fresh, non-puke bogarts air.

Neil

• Summer Resident
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 06:50:36 PM »

I was in a project meeting this morning for some stuff we have going on around Euclid in the Daniels/University block.  Later this year, there's going to be major reenovation/construction up closer to Charleton.  Like rip it all out and put in now kind of construction.  We have some contracts to provide services after the construction's done, so apparently, the plans are already in motion.  That whole neighborhood will nearly be unrecognizeable in less than 2 years. 
Forgive me if this sounds sacrilegious but must every bearded face seen in an object be that of Jesus? Why can't it be George Carlin or, as pointed out here, Gandalf? Maybe one of those dirty hippies from Fleet Foxes? - lark6

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 08:39:22 PM »

there are loads of new residential being built behind the library. the school's been torn down and more residential there. same with across from the post office.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:59:35 PM by TayFo »

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:34 PM »

I was in a project meeting this morning for some stuff we have going on around Euclid in the Daniels/University block.  Later this year, there's going to be major reenovation/construction up closer to Charleton.  Like rip it all out and put in now kind of construction.  We have some contracts to provide services after the construction's done, so apparently, the plans are already in motion.  That whole neighborhood will nearly be unrecognizeable in less than 2 years. 
that is awesome news!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »

Santigold @ Bogarts on June 15!!

Saw her at Bonnaroo a few years back, and that was a great set. Haven't really kept up with her recent stuff, but I imagine it's still in the same vein.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
  • Wondering whassup? It's Fall sound!
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »

I actually think I felt safer on Short Vine when we went than when we went to the 9:30 Club to see Elbow back in September.
Whereas when I go to Bogart's by myself and I have to park a block or more away, I never stop thinking about my safety. (Not quite the same when I am going with someone else.)

Never leave a paper--or electronic--trail!
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

Don't feed trolls by responding to or acknowledging them.

TayFo

• City Elder
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »

yeah Euro . . . or feed the troll.
I'm through with this subject.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2014, 10:28:24 PM »

yeah Euro . . . or feed the troll.
I'm through with this subject.

If you want to see a troll, look at your friend Euro in the Weller thread. 
I refuse to shut up about Johnny Dowd until the world recognizes his musical genius.  I may lose my voice before that happens but at least I can enjoy the man's music while going mute.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »

Drjohn, nice job bringing up a comment I made from 2 years ago. If you haven't seen the changes in that area in the last 2 years, your loss.

Life goes on, all is well.

TayFo, I'll see you there, buddy.

Drjohnrock

• City Elder
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 11:22:17 PM »

But in the Weller thread you contended things had been better for AGES--I don't consider two years ago to be AGES.  Let's just say I caught you in a contradiction.  I'm far too much of a gentleman to say "lie". I don't know why you wanted to try winding me up in the Weller thread--maybe you're bored, or I'm just not a member of your longstanding exclusive little club on this board.  Sheesh.  Is this the way you always treat (relative) newcomers? 

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »

Get a room, guys.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

foolsgold

• City Elder
  • To the East...Blackward
    • Teabaggin'
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 08:24:12 AM »

I don't think there is so much an exclusive club more than we've just been hanging out here for a long time.  And, like anywhere else on the webs or in real life, people are going to disagree/be shitty/pick scabs/touch nerves.  Just navigate around it, man and continue the conversation.
Why there's all these ugly mans on my TV screen?  I wrap my head with foil so I don't catch them beams.

Butter

• Suffering from early-onset douchiness
  • City Elder
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2014, 10:12:09 AM »

I wish I could muster up enough energy to have an opinion on the "exclusive little club" comment, but that seems so 10 years ago.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up