Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Amazing Race  (Read 14184 times)

euro60

• City Elder
Re: The Amazing Race
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2012, 11:29:53 PM »

Cyclone, you want the AZ guys to win? I really don't care much for them. But then again, none of the remaining teams have much "loveability" about them. I just think the AZ guys are so tight up, and I get annoyed by their comments left and right. The Army husband and wife team are clearly the best team in the race, but I despise the way the guy treats his wife.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 01:00:11 AM »

Cyclone, you want the AZ guys to win?

Yeah, I didn't like them at first, but they won me over when they offered to give half of their first place prize money to Mark's daughter.  Plus I like that they're realistic, non-gimmicky reality show contestants ... i.e. not an eye candy attractive couple.  And they don't actually annoy me at all, meanwhile the Big Brother team is perhaps the most annoying team I've ever seen, and Ralph and Vanessa stoop to their level quite a bit.  You're right that the army couple is the best team ... they're just too boring for me to root for.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »

Well, I think the best team won this time around. Uh, the husband though is SO annoying. He cared more about be the most "winningiest" team in the history of the show over a million dollars. Which is whatever. I nearly had a heart attack and had a major WTF moment when they got to the end BEFORE the road block challenge. I was definitely rooting for them to win after that because they accidentally skipped ahead. Art & JJ were okay most of the race but after the whole "Major Dave" incident, they became as intolerable as the whole BB and Vanessa drama. I would have been okay with them winning it over BB though. BB guy is way too nice for big baby and really not sure why he puts up with her. I still think Rachel needs to take her half a mill and dump Maj Dave and find someone who respects her. He needs a serious attitude adjustment.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »

Another ugh.

I wanted Vanessa's mouth to win and everyone else to lose... especially her fake eyelashes.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2012, 11:02:32 PM »

Just saw that the new season is starting Sept. 30, with a $2 mill. pay-out. Looking forward to it!
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »

So the fall season is underway. So far no teams I strongly dislike.

I felt so bad for the last team tonight. I hate when elimination is due to a bad taxi driver. :(
also known as rcc94

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 12:54:39 PM »

So the fall season is underway. So far no teams I strongly dislike.

I can see myself disliking strongly the monster truck driver (mohawk guy) and the blond James of the Chippendales. Otherwise, agreed.

I felt sorry for the team who came in second. That'll learn 'em for being nice! Which reminds me, that the guy on the team that came in first seems like he *could* be a first rate jerk but time will tell.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »

Yeah, the only team I really dislike are the monster truckers.  Listening to the mohawk guy's unwarranted cocky confessionals so far has been pretty brutal.

I was also rooting for the team that was eliminated last night.  Also really like James & Abba, the heavy metal guys.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »

Found the end of the latest ep very frustrating. Sucks to lose because of circumstances out of your control. The team who lost was my #1...I think I'll cheer for the twins now because while they could have the potential to be annoying, overall I think they are funny. Oh, and the substitute teachers are all right as well.
—Samuel Butler

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 11:49:59 PM »

Haven't posted before but I'm watching! Love this show. The only show (besides the Bengals) that I can convince my 25 yr old son to come over and watch with me  :)

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 12:40:54 PM »

James and Abba team #1, get used to it folks.

Also Rob is just the worst.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2012, 07:39:26 PM »

I have taken to following Mrs. Poncho around the house and randomly yelling encouragement at her for mundane tasks.

"COME ON TWINNIE!  YOU CAN DO IT, TWINNIE!  UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER FAST, FAST!"

She doesn't seem nearly as amused by this as I am.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »

Ha!
also known as rcc94

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

lol. 
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

Nice.  Also ...

James and Abba team #1, get used to it folks.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up