Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: The Amazing Race  (Read 16167 times)

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
Re: The Amazing Race
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »

I am surprised that Team KY has done as well as they have. I admit to wanting them to go and go soon because they are definitely this season's Ugly American team.

Sorry to see the twins go as well because they seemed pretty cool (can't believe that the guitar player struggled with the harp challenge though and bad call on the soccer player brother not doing the water bottle challenge). I was hoping it was a non-elimination round to be honest.

Really really REALLY dislike big brother team. Mainly because they are from Big Brother (and am tired of these reality stars doing cross-over series) but also because she is SOOOOOOO annoying.

So yeah, guess the team I see going far if they can work together is the husband/wife team that won last week (the Army or Air Force guy). I do like the lady federal agents (aka the teachers) and the girls from MS are cute though I sometimes am surprised by how far they have come along too.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 10:59:26 AM »

keep on trucking' team ken tuck!

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 09:35:08 PM »

Anyone else really not feeling this cast at all?  Like all of you, I think Mark and Bopper are great, but I don't think I've gravitated toward a single other team.  I admit that I immaturely initially kind of wrote off Art and JJ due to their occupation (I imagined them as being cocky and egotistical in the game), but so far they have just been a very good performing team and also gave half of their money to Bopper for his daughter, so I'm glad to say I was completely wrong about them.  So I guess I like them, they're just kind of like the ultimate "meh" team.  But, as always, TAR is cool simply for the sights and everything else, and like Survivor, the deeper into the game the better. 
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Are you immensely pleased.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »

I pretty much agree with your comments, cyclone. The thing that keeps me watching TAR is the scenery more than the teams that are playing. I am rooting for Team Kentucky as you and others are. I also like Art and JJ, simply because they are good. Initially I kinda liked the army guy and his cute looking blond wife, but he has more and more come across as another overbearing dude, whom I cannot like.
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Ella Minnow Pea

• Numbers Guru
  • Administrator
  • City Elder
  • Reference Desk
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 11:50:55 PM »

I teared up for the Kentucky Team tonight.
also known as rcc94

trixi

• Sun Bum
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • My heart belongs to Ryne Sandberg
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:27 AM »

I teared up for the Kentucky Team tonight.
x2
"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »

I assumed they were safe because the commercials all week focused on them struggling and Mark nearly quitting the task ... it was the old Survivor style editing where the trailer makes something seem so obvious that you know the opposite happens.  That being said, I got nervous toward the end as well.

Also, I really want to see JJ explode on someone before the season's over. 
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »

My faves went off last week though I am a bit surprised that they didn't go sooner. They just didn't seem to have the drive others did to compete. But I liked that they never yelled at each other, were always supportive and DRAMA-free.

I have reversed my opinion about Mark and Bopper. Those guys have won me over and I was happy to see that this was a non-elimination week.

I think they are the only I team I hope goes all the way. The only other team I kind of like are the team that won this week, but I only like the wife because her husband is a d**k of the highest order. "Listen to your freaking husband." Who says that????? Ugh.
Every man's work, whether it be literature or music or pictures or architecture or anything else, is always a portrait of himself.
—Samuel Butler

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 07:44:27 PM »

She's an idiot, too.  They deserve each other.  Although, I will say I'm 60-40 on her side.

I like Team Kan-tuck, but my personal surprise of the year has been falling in love with Vanessa's witty banter.  Love it.  A lot.  Best lines and catty comments in YEARS.
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »

It's amazing how great this show continues to be, season after season. Really enjoy watching this.

And the preview of the next episode seems to indicate that Kentucky is doing better and that one of the other teams suffers an injury. Which probably means Kentucky is gonna be eliminated  ;)
"A blind faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth" - Albert Einstein (1901)

The Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra is one of Cincinnati's underappreciated treasures

Jen

• City Elder
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »

She's an idiot, too.  They deserve each other.  Although, I will say I'm 60-40 on her side.

I like Team Kan-tuck, but my personal surprise of the year has been falling in love with Vanessa's witty banter.  Love it.  A lot.  Best lines and catty comments in YEARS.

I can't argue with your logic. If she puts up with his crap, well, I am not going to say she deserves it but she is certainly not impressing me that she DOES put up with it.

And Vanessa: she continually cracks me up even if she is only superficially beautiful. I can't imagine why her and her boy toy have been married multiple times. ;)

I HOPE that Big Brother goes off this week. That girl ANNOYS the crap out of me. Out of all the reason she loved the outfits to wear for the Bollywood number it was because of the GLITTER. Gah gah and gah again! I wish Vanessa could have heard her comments and come back with some snark.

Oh, and JJ and what's his name, those guys are babies. To go bitching to Phil over and over again (could be editing) when they shouldn't have even done it the first time. How old are we anyway?

Phil should earn an Emmy (?) for putting up with this group this season. Plus, it was awesome seeing him do the cricket and rickshaw clip! :)

Just had a thought: Phil and Jeff Probst meeting after filming for a commiseration beer. Talk about bitchy contestants this season. :D
—Samuel Butler

Poncho

• ARRR! Booty Pirate
  • City Elder
    • Fark
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

Mrs. Poncho has coined the term "Phillimination" for getting kicked off a reality show.  She watched the season Jason Taylor (she's a Miami Dolphins fan) was on "Dancing with the Never-weres & Has-beens" and every time someone left she said "You've been PHILLIMINATED!"
Your head will collapse and there's nothing in it and you'll ask yourself 'where is my mind'??  - "Where is my Mind?" Pixies

notoriouspbake

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »

Mrs. Poncho has coined the term "Phillimination" for getting kicked off a reality show.  She watched the season Jason Taylor (she's a Miami Dolphins fan) was on "Dancing with the Never-weres & Has-beens" and every time someone left she said "You've been PHILLIMINATED!"

i like, and am stealing this.

euro60

• City Elder
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »

Great episode tonight. Those tasks were monstrous. But despite the editing, making us think that the Arizona guys were in trouble, I just knew Kentucky would never catch up, starting 3 hours behind the rest and even doing the "Fast Forward".

Finale next Sunday!

cyclone

• City Elder
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 10:50:06 AM »

Hated that Mark and Bopper went, but it was expected, and I'm actually glad that Art and JJ made it to the final leg as they have the best chance of beating all of the other teams.  A shame they took a chance on that boxes task, because they probably would have done really well at the elephant one and possibly surpassed one of the couples.
last.fm/user/cyclone23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up