Randomville

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
GigaBook.com
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I went to a coin op arcade auction  (Read 5915 times)

Cockney Rebel

• I don't have an accent. You do.
  • Global Moderator
  • City Elder
  • Art is impossible to define. Shitty art is not.
Re: So I went to a coin op arcade auction
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »

"Cra-aaaaaa-aaaaaa-zy taxi"

The one thing I regret about selling our PS2 is not being able to play this occasionally
Opulence. I has it.

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 09:50:19 PM »

Personally, I would love a working "Taxi".

Do you mean "Crazy Taxi", or a different game?  Just asking because they had a "Crazy Taxi" at the auction.  I've never played the game before, but people I know wanted one bad until the bidding went way beyond what they could afford.

Nope, Taxi by Williams (pinball). I used to play this religiously @ UC back in the late 80's/early 90's. Then they got an Addams Family machine and pinball then became crack to me. Now it's hard to find a good place to play with working, well-kept machines.  :(

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 09:55:45 PM by Chris »

Dizzy

• Summer Resident
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 11:47:23 PM »

Me thinks it might be time to have another Arcade Hero.  What day/time would be good for everyone to get together and play a few games and then go have a few drinks?  Go to Arcade Legacy first and then maybe the Back Porch (Mulhauser and OH 747)or the Friendly Stop (Sharon Rd and OH 747).

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 07:17:20 AM »

I'd be down with doing that. CR, Trixi and I were going to go to Arcade Legacy last week but I had a death in the family and CR was sick with a kidney stone the night we planned to go.

Chris - I was the same way with Silverball Mania that you were with Taxi. I used to have a season pass for Kings Island back when they still had that awesome pinball arcade, and I'd go to the park by myself and play Silverball Mania all day long.
Duct tape can't fix stupid.

mizary

• Tourist
    • Blank Slate Brewing Company
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »

I used to have a season pass for Kings Island back when they still had that awesome pinball arcade, and I'd go to the park by myself and play Silverball Mania all day long.

I was just talking about the pin selection back in the day at KI's arcade...  I had a pass from 1984-94

I remember playing funhouse, bugs bunny birthday ball, ???  I'd love to see the full list.  I don't remember playing Silverball Mania, perhaps that was before my time...  I remember they had...  15-20 machines...  it was a whole LONG wall. or maybe two.

I am kinda glad I didn't know about this auction...  I probably would have gone and spent $$$...  I'd love to get a second pinball machine.

--mizary

Chris

• Citizen
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »

Chris - I was the same way with Silverball Mania that you were with Taxi. I used to have a season pass for Kings Island back when they still had that awesome pinball arcade, and I'd go to the park by myself and play Silverball Mania all day long.

Mark's Pinball has one for $1000. He's local and it makes a great Christmas gift! lol

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2011, 07:20:23 AM »

Joy! I think I just peed a little.

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:14 AM »

I used to have a season pass for Kings Island back when they still had that awesome pinball arcade, and I'd go to the park by myself and play Silverball Mania all day long.

There's a Silver Ball Mania machine at an estate auction in Miamisburg this weekend.  Just says "pinball machines" in the listing but it shows the titles in the pictures.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=1320900&kwd=&zip=45044&category=0

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:19:14 AM by Kwyjibo »
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

MissKitty

• Hooray Beer!
  • City Elder
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 07:00:28 PM »

WANT!!

Thanks for the heads up Kwyj

Kwyjibo

• Bringing Grumpy Back
  • City Elder
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 08:30:36 AM »

No problem.

Estate auctions are a real crap shoot so who knows what it'll go for.  I've seen really awesome stuff go cheap and I've seen seen absolute crap go for way too much.  I once saw a lady pay $15 for a pile of used/dirty bathroom rugs, no kidding.  You just never know.
Baby, check this out, I've got something to say.  Man, it's so loud in here.

Bubba McBubba

• Citizen
    • Place Logo Here
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 08:25:17 PM »

Next coin op auction is March 31.  No details yet--just wanted to give a heads up.  Those who are interested should sign up to receive e-mails about the auctions.

On a related note, Arcade Legacy has moved.  They are now in a much larger space across from the food court in Cincinnati Mall (the former Cincinnati Mills, which was formerly Forest Fair Mall).  An arcade in a mall.  Crazy, I know.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up